Author Topic: 2nd Annual NWR Live Podcast Telethon: The 9-Hour Recording  (Read 2987 times)

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
2nd Annual NWR Live Podcast Telethon: The 9-Hour Recording
« on: November 26, 2011, 11:33:27 AM »

We surpassed all expectations thanks to your generous donations -- now listen to the whole event, whenever you want!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/28532

Although this page bears the RFN logo, and you can get these recordings on the RFN subscription feed, this production was the combined effort of the entire Nintendo World Report staff and represents all four of our illustrious podcasts, including Radio Trivia: Podcast Edition, NWR Connectivity, and the Famicast. We must also particularly thank Michael Cole for hosting the call/stream all day long, and Karl Castaneda for editing the insane 9-hour recording into these three parts that are much more digestible. And of course, thanks to all of you who donated, listened, chatted, and called in!

Telethon Recording, Part One (3:07:29) - MP3 or AAC
Telethon Recording, Part Two (3:05:43) - MP3 or AAC
Telethon Recording, Part Three (3:09:10) - MP3 or AAC

You can also check out the full event page for more info.

I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
Re: 2nd Annual NWR Live Podcast Telethon: The 9-Hour Recording
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 11:35:33 AM »
Great job guys. I listened to part 1 and going to try to do the rest soon.

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 04:29:27 PM »
Thanks Karl, I couldn't be there for the whole thing and i appreciate the editing job

Offline tyrian3

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 11:17:13 AM »
YAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

:D
RFN aficionado since 2008, first ever RFN live call-in and live show staple! Affected by the Lindemann Syndrome.
Add me on 3DS/WiiU :D

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 12:21:45 PM »
I wonder if there would be a Funhouse Telethon?

Hmm.....

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 08:13:43 AM »
I listened to the first episode over the break.  One minor thing I remember from the discussion was the point about the Legacy of the Wizard being part of a series of games.  In Japan it was the fourth title in the Dragonslayer RPG series, and sort of a deviation from the first few games.  Faxanadu was considered to be a side-story of Xanadu, the second game in the same series, and it was named so because specifically designed for the Famicom.   Legacy of the Wizard and Faxandu don't have a whole lot in common in terms of game play, but the games share some items, spell or equipment names in common, I think.  At the very least, the final sword in both games is called the Dragonslayer.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline roykoopa64

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 09:36:57 AM »
Since I couldn't listen to the entire event that day, I truly appreciate this being available! I loved the Super Mario 3D Land discussion in part 1 and the segment on answering the callers' questions. Now on to part 2!
Fanático de Nintendo desde 1985

My Miiverse profile

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 11:09:24 PM »
I love these telethons. Karl it was a great idea and everyone involved executed it wonderfully. Loved the GameCube retrospective segment especially.