Author Topic: Captain America: Super Soldier Details from Sega  (Read 1325 times)

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Captain America: Super Soldier Details from Sega
« on: October 05, 2010, 04:37:14 PM »

A new Captain America game based on the movie.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/24215

Sega announced today that they'll be releasing a game to tie in with the upcoming Captain America film from Paramount Pictures, in conjunction with Next Level Games.

Captain America: Super Soldier will have a script penned by Christos Gage. Set within the same world as the movie, Marvels Sentinel of Liberty will face off against the Red Skull, the dastardly scientist Arnim Zola, and the evil terrorist organization Hydra. The game will include a combat system with special use of Captain America's shield.

It was previously reported that High Voltage Software is working on a Captain America game to tie in with the movie. This other title was known as Captain America: The First Avenger; it is not yet known whether Super Soldier is the same game.

Scheduled to be released in 2011, Captain America: Super Soldier is headed to the Wii and Nintendo DS, as well as other platforms.

I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Re: Captain America: Super Soldier Details from Sega
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 11:29:48 PM »
Oh good because all of Sega's comic book games have turned out well.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 03:13:55 PM »
I think we should be more worried about the quality of movie-to-videogame adaptations than anything else.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 05:12:16 PM »
I think we should be more worried about the quality of movie-to-videogame adaptations than anything else.

I think we should highlight Sega's terrible entries...

Most of Warner Bros.'s games-based-on-movies have turned out alright (I can cite Legend of the Guardians and Where the Wild Things Are off the top of my head), and outside of the terrible Spider-Man 3, most Spider-Man movie games have turned out well. I personally adored X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and the recent Transformers movie games were decent, at least more decent than Iron Man 2.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"