Author Topic: Tetris 99 "Big Block" DLC Available Now: Adds Vs CPU And Marathon Modes  (Read 844 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

Some blocks are held for charity, and some for fancy dress...

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/50473/tetris-99-big-block-dlc-available-now-adds-vs-cpu-and-marathon-modes

Tetris 99 has added DLC that makes the game playable against something other than 90+ people.

The "Big Blocks" DLC is now available on the eShop for US$9.99/C$12.59, and adds two new modes: Marathon Mode for solo play, and a Vs CPU mode that involves challenging 98 AIs.

More modes (included with the purchase) are planned for the future, as well as new themes. An upcoming Tetris 99 Maximus Cup will see players who earn the equivalent of one win (100 points for a win, 50 for second, and so on) an ingame theme based on the Game Boy version. The 3rd cup will occur from May 17 - 19.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Tetris 99
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 02:07:32 PM »
Out of curiosity, do you still need NSO to buy the offline stuff?

Too bad they don't change the Maximus Cup to work like it does in Europe, where they randomly select 999 winners out of everyone who placed 1st in a game during the tournament time period. The current format gives the advantage to no-lifers who can play the entire time.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 02:35:25 PM »
That is a weird question because I thought you need NSO just to even download Tetris 99.

Ten bucks feels like a lot for an offline mode of a game I've been playing for free(-ish), but I've played it quite a bit, so it's certainly earned $10 from me.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 02:47:15 PM »
From the wording on Nintendo's website, it sounds like you don't need NSO to download Tetris 99, just to play the online mode, and the DLC can be purchased without NSO. I can't confirm it since I have NSO, but for those curious you can probably get it without.