Author Topic: Mafia 83: F-Zero Strapped for Crash! [DAY 4]  (Read 3285 times)

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Mafia 83: F-Zero Strapped for Crash! [DAY 4]
« on: December 15, 2019, 04:34:33 PM »
Story
As we leave behind the Earth's captial, Mute City, we look back on a blistering Grand Prix. The poor delivery driver representing Team Space Fedex already cheated death once, and does so once more with help from a kind stranger who must have trained with Mutant City resident Dr. Stewart!
This time though, the assailant was unmasked by the rest of the pack and pushed off track. Onlookers attest to having heard the Killer shout "awww, everybody cheating!" as he crashed out of the race.
Elsewhere on track, while everyone was fixated on the commotion, the Race Leader was quietly ambushed in the pit lane and shipped off in a crate to Paramount Pictures. No doubt awaiting a fate worse than death...
Next up: Big Blue's Drift Highway.

Tonight's Events:
- Pokepal148 was attacked by the Killer, but was saved by the Doctor.
- Lucariowas killed by Vote. Lucario was the Killer.
- Khushrenada was killed by the Mafia. Khushrenada was a Normal Townie, and previously held the role of Cupid. Khushrenada appoints Pokepal148 as the new Race Leader.

Special roles
Mafia roles:
Mafia #1: Mafia boss. Shows up as townie when investigated by Detective
Mafia #2: Mafia goon. 50% Chance to inherit a mafia special ability.
Mafia #3: Mafia goon. 50% Chance to inherit a mafia special ability.
Mafia #4: Begrudging Mafia member. Can change the Mafia's target on their own.

Townie roles:
Normal Townie: No special power. Aim to survive the race by voting out the Mafia & other threats!
Detective: Can investigate 1 player per night and be told their role.
Doctor: Can protect 1 player per night (including themselves) and shield them from any harm.
Risky Driver: If killed, they can choose to either revive + shield 1 player, excluding themselves, or kill 1 player of their choice.
Cupid: Can select any 2 players (including themselves) and tie their fates to each other. Their objective changes: they must now survive together to become the winner of the game. If 1 dies, the other does too. A couple must be established before Day 2 starts. Cupid becomes a Normal Townie afterwards.

3rd Party Roles:
Killer: Can kill 1 player per night. This player can only win if they're the last player standing.
The Couple: 2 Players were struck by Cupid's arrows. They must survive together until the end. If one dies, the other dies too. Any previous powers they held are maintained in their new position.

Other roles:
Race Leader: Vote tiebreaker, as established by poll. The Race Leader retains pole position until either Victory or Death. In the latter case, they appoint their successor. Currently, Pokepal148 is the Race Leader.

Rules
If you want a general refresher on how Mafia works, see the sign up thread.
1. Days will run for ~48 hours, or will end early if a 51+% majority is reached.
2. Nights will last 24 hours, or less if all Night Actions are received earlier.
3. In case of a tied vote, the Race Leader must decide an outcome. If no response is given, a Random Number Generator will flip a coin.
4. All Night Actions will be summarised in the next Day thread. Roles of killed players will be revealed.
5. If you have any questions, feel free to ask away. I will be accepting Feedback when the game has ended.

Current driver line-up
1. Pokepal148, as Roger Buster in the Mighty Hurricane (sponsored by F-Zero Fedex).
2. Khushrenada, as Sonic the Hedgehog (racing for Sonic Team). Killed.
3. BeautifulShy, as Judy Summer, in the White Cat. Killed.
4. Lolmonade, as the closest thing to an F-Zero experience.
5. MASB, as Mr. EAD, piloting the Great Star. Killed.
6. Nickmitch, as Samurai Goroh, in the Fire Stingray.
7. NRW_Insanolord, as a Tube Slider, representing this year's F-Zero stunt cross-over with Future Formula.
8. Stevey, as Black Shadow, in the Black Bull.
9. Stratos, as James McCloud, in the Little Wyvern.
10. Mr. Bungle, as Silver Neelsen, in the Night Thunder.
11. Shyguy, as Phoenix, in the Rainbow Phoenix. Killed.
12. Mop It Up, as Princia Ramode, ruler of the X Cup.
13. Backwards Flying Dragons, as Baby from Super Monkey Ball.
14. Lucario, as Waluigi, in the Standard Kart. Killed.
15. ThePerm, a Normal Townie in a AA-battery powered Bumper Car.

Drivers at risk:
Stratos - 3
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 12:29:24 PM by Steefosaurus »

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Mafia 83: F-Zero Strapped for Crash! [DAY 4]
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 06:24:24 PM »
WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Made you look ****.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 01:18:41 AM »
Khushrenada's last act was to appoint Pokepal148 as your new Race Leader.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 01:34:22 AM »
No. My last act was laying a giant turd on the racetrack as my body lost all control of itself.

(Insert image of Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 game on a race track with pylons surrounding it and biohazard waste stickers on the pylons while people run in all directions away from the horrible piece of crap.)
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 12:27:13 PM »
I feel like I missed a lot.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 12:55:14 PM »
I feel like I missed a lot.

Check your shoes. I think you're standing in it.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2019, 01:53:23 PM »
EWWWWWWW
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2019, 06:51:35 PM »
See this is why you should never get out of your vehicle!

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2019, 09:16:26 PM »
19 Hours left to chat and cast votes in this thread.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2019, 09:31:15 PM »
I'm sorting some stuff out and I'll have a plan of attack in place soon.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2019, 10:53:53 PM »
So apparently the couple is considered it's own faction according to Steefosaurous. In order for the town or Mafia to be victorious we need to eliminate the couple that Khushrenada created on day 1. That couple is Stevey and Stratos so for either side to win we need to vote Stratos

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2019, 09:08:39 AM »
I still think we're misunderstanding something. Steefosaurus, can you answer this: if the love birds are both townies, and the mafia and killer are all dead, wouldn't both the townies and the lovebirds win?

If that's the case, I don't think we should vote them out without being very confident one of the two of them is mafia.

I'll vote Stratos for now, but depending on how Steef answers that, I might change my vote.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2019, 11:41:37 AM »
I still think we're misunderstanding something. Steefosaurus, can you answer this: if the love birds are both townies, and the mafia and killer are all dead, wouldn't both the townies and the lovebirds win?

If the Couple consists of Townies, and there's only other Townies left alive, it is still the objective of the Couple to kill those remaining Townies. Inversely, the Townies cannot win so long as a Couple exists.

If the Couple are Romeo & Juliet, the Townies are their respective families, ya know?

Note that players in a Couple have retained whatever role they started with, they just have a different Win Objective.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2019, 11:48:30 AM »
Folks around Big Blue are still upset that there Star Fox / F-Zero race was never officially held, despite all those rumors. Suppose we just can't trust them McClouds after all that.
Vote Stratos

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2019, 12:30:48 PM »

If the Couple consists of Townies, and there's only other Townies left alive, it is still the objective of the Couple to kill those remaining Townies. Inversely, the Townies cannot win so long as a Couple exists.

If the Couple are Romeo & Juliet, the Townies are their respective families, ya know?

Note that players in a Couple have retained whatever role they started with, they just have a different Win Objective.

Okay. Just double-checking. The way I had read it in the rules post was that, at the end of the game, the lovebirds needed to be alive to win, but weren't necessarily their own, independent faction. For example, if lovebirds were two townies, neither could day or they both die, but win conditions would be roughly the same. Same as if the lovebirds were two mafia members.

I'll be honest, I don't really understand the point of the cupid role outside of providing the game a player who can instantly make two enemies whom he knows and can likely subsequently get voted out. It seems like a death sentence, and further, like a death sentence that would cripple either the townies or the mafia depending on who is selected.

In either case, it's pretty clear we gotta take them out. I started the day reluctant, since if they're both townies (and to my knowledge we don't know who they are) it's a big townie hit to lose two at once. Now it's no big deal.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2019, 03:02:11 PM »
One hour remains to vote.

Thread locked.
Final vote tally:
Stratos - 3

Players have 24 hours to submit their Night Actions.
The window for Night Actions has closed, new thread going up in a few minutes.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 03:56:45 PM by Steefosaurus »