Author Topic: eShop software updates  (Read 1293 times)

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
eShop software updates
« on: March 01, 2012, 01:29:21 PM »
Check it out!  Metroid (VC) has been updated for any ambassadors.  Perhaps more interesting is that the eShop prompted me to check updated software as soon as the app started - without requiring any extra effort or action on my part.  Does this mean Nintendo has finally fixed that bug where the Updates list is always blank even when one or more apps have updates available?  Here's hoping...
NNID: ejamer

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Re: eShop software updates
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 02:16:22 PM »
There actually was no bug. If you didn't update Super Mario Bros. before the day it was officially for sale, then the same thing happened.

EDIT: There is still no explanation for why all the other games have these minor updates and they don't appear. The NES games, however, push to notify you when they're officially out.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: eShop software updates
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 02:24:10 PM »
There actually was no bug. If you didn't update Super Mario Bros. before the day it was officially for sale, then the same thing happened.

EDIT: There is still no explanation for why all the other games have these minor updates and they don't appear. The NES games, however, push to notify you when they're officially out.

Very disappointing to hear this.  This was the first time I've seen the notification, and since I had everything else "up to date" wasn't sure if it would apply to other games.

I do consider the fact that no minor updates for other games appear a bug though.  You shouldn't have to scroll through a list of all downloaded titles to search for updates.
NNID: ejamer