Author Topic: Jam Sessions  (Read 2012 times)

Offline Artisto16

• maybe I shouldn't use giant avatars
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Jam Sessions
« on: September 13, 2007, 10:29:18 AM »
Ok, I am very interested in this guitar sim, but I need to know some key bits of info. Does this game come with an amp? If so, is the amp worth it? Also, is there a way to connect this to a computer to be used in computer-based digital music programs? Would I be better off buying a keyboard with additional features (like the ability to sound like a guitar, drums, etc) that can connect to the computer instead of Jam Sessions?

Also, give reviews or the actual product itself. I like to hear what people think about non-games and simulation products, how close it is to the real thing.
No me digas!

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Jam Sessions
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 10:54:20 AM »
 There's a bundle with an amp coming in the near future, but it will cost quite a bit more than the game alone. You could always plug your computer's speakers into the headphone jack; that works well enough.
I don't know how you would hook it into a computer, but I'd imagine it's doable.  

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
Re: Jam Sessions
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 12:23:04 PM »
Just grabbed this at TRU yesterday for a whopping ... four dollars. Pretty decent game, kind of simple and for those that can't play the guitar can have you playing little songs in neat chord progressions almost instantly. For me though, it just made me want to play my real guitar. I'll fiddle with it a bit more tonight, maybe I'll even do a review on it for the site.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 02:07:26 PM »
I own this and I feel while it's not bad, it's not great. The most I can really pull out of it is hammered power chords, which is alright if you want to play chunky funk gitt-ar. I have a line in to my stereo and blow it out there, an actual amp hook up is possible and the game has effects that you can tweak so you can modify the output in that regard.
If you want to really integrate this with another sound system I would actually pass because it recreates the feeling of plucking one string. I figure anything else this portable wouldn't as minimal as Jam Sessions ultimately reveals itself to be.
Personally I like the minimalist approach because it adds a challenge for me to create more depth than what may appear to be.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 04:03:52 AM »
They should update this to work with the Guitar Grip. :p