Author Topic: Playing with Power: Harnessing the Nintendo Community  (Read 13947 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Playing with Power: Harnessing the Nintendo Community
« on: July 17, 2011, 06:09:41 PM »

Jon gives us five ways that Nintendo can improve its online relationship with its fans.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/editorial/27194

Regardless of the North American fate of Xenoblade, Pandora's Tower, and The Last Story, the furor surrounding Operation Rainfall has exposed what is perhaps Nintendo's greatest weakness: its lack of meaningful online interaction and communication with its consumers.  In this era of social media, viral videos, and up-to-the-minute news, Nintendo's approach to its web presence is conservative to say the least.  Here's what I feel the company must change in order to make their fans feel closer to their favorite game company.

Launch a company blog with an honest-to-goodness Community Manager. However you feel about Microsoft and Sony, you can't say that they're out of touch with their audience.  Microsoft's Major Nelson (Larry Hyrb) is well-known around the web, and his blog has become a high-profile source for Xbox 360 news.  Sony's PlayStation blog takes more of a content-by-committee approach, but it still features daily news updates by various folks up and down the company food chain. These blogs provide a valued sounding board for fans, while also giving moderators the opportunity to wade into the frightening waters of user comments if they so desire.

Nintendo has neither a company blog nor a Community Manager of any sort; the closest thing they have to behind-the-scenes commentary is their Iwata Asks website, which features developer interviews with company president Satoru Iwata. These interviews provide great information to readers, but in the end they represent a highly-controlled one-way exchange of information with about as much personality as a dictionary.  They're also incredibly long, verbose, intimidating walls of text that most readers would rather have summarized for them on other websites. Nintendo is a dynamic company doing noteworthy things that people want to hear about, and having a public face – or at least a blog written in a casual, conversational tone – would help greatly. Fans prefer to get their news from real people, as opposed to a heavily-sanitized PR machine.

Put some effort into Twitter. Love it or hate it, Twitter has become a major communication tool. Sony has a Twitter feed featuring the witty observations and boasting of fictional company executive Kevin Butler, as well as PlayStation feeds for their North American, European, and Netherlands branches. Major Nelson has a personal feed that discusses more than just games, and Microsoft has an Xbox feed as well as feeds for technical support and community development.

Unfortunately, Nintendo of America's official feed is about as dry as it comes (and it's doubtful that their Japanese feed is any better). I was excited to start following it when it first appeared, but I dropped it a few days later after realizing that it was nothing more than marketing fluff, hokey user polls, and press release-style news stories. Of course, its overall effectiveness is hampered by the lack of an official blog for it to link to, since most fans use Twitter to keep up with news posts on their favorite corporate sites. Blogs and Twitter work hand-in-hand very nicely, and this marketing dovetail is a huge miss on Nintendo's part.

Streamline and improve their Facebook pages. Facebook is hands-down the de facto social media platform on the planet, with some 750 million users. Sony's PlayStation page has over 16 million likes, while Microsoft's Xbox page has over 10 million. They both prominently feature company news and videos, online store marketing, as well as user posts and conversations. They're slick, polished one-stop Facebook shops for PlayStation and Xbox fans.

Nintendo's Facebook presence is considerably more scattered. There is an official Nintendo page, but since it was created relatively recently (which is strange in itself), it only has 254,000 likes. Their Wii page has less than 2 million likes, and the official Mario page has 3 million; there's also a slew of other franchise pages. All of this shows that Nintendo has a lot of franchises, but really, why fracture your Facebook audience in this manner? What's worse is that searching on "Nintendo" doesn't even take users to their main page like it does for "PlayStation" or "Xbox"; instead, they're taken to Nintendo's Facebook Places check-in entry.  Hopefully the creation of a main Nintendo page is a foreshadowing of a streamlining process that's already underway. Unfortunately, Nintendo's pages tend to have content that's just as anemic as their Twitter feeds, so more dynamic content would be helpful as well.

Bring back the official Nintendo forums. Nintendo's official NSider forums were closed "indefinitely" on September 17, 2007, with fans being told the move was part of a website overhaul to support Wii and Nintendo DS. Nintendo of Europe's forums also turned off the lights the following week. That "indefinitely" soon became "permanently", as the message currently displayed at the old Nintendo forum website confirmed a little over a year later.  The Nintendo Tech Support forums are all that remain.

Nintendo's suggestion at the time was to "invite [their] fans to build on the spirit of that community by starting their own Nintendo discussion sites". By effectively offloading community-building to their fans, Nintendo splintered their online fanbase and made goodwill-generating events like Camp Hyrule a thing of the past. The importance of these events cannot be understated; several NWR staffers met each other during Camp Hyrule, and every year Nintendo fans looked forward to getting together to celebrate their love of the brand (even if it was only online). In retrospect, the closing of the official Nintendo forums marked the beginning of Nintendo's curious shift away from community cultivation, to its current policy of keepings its fans at arm's length and mostly in the dark.

Be honest with your fans and share news with them, even if it's bad. These days, fans like to be kept up-to-date on what a company is doing and why they're doing it. Nintendo's policy of providing fans with news on a seemingly need-to-know basis causes them to come across as unconcerned and out of touch with their player base. They have always been secretive, and in the fast-moving video game industry that's perfectly understandable (especially with the press, which has often been hostile to Nintendo and its sometimes contrarian business strategies). However, video game fans are an especially enthusiastic and passionate bunch, and sometimes packaging bad news with an explanation can save a company from an internet backlash thanks to rampant speculation.

A perfect example of this approach is Capcom's handling of its decision not to localize Japanese title Ace Attorney Investigations 2. When Capcom fans complained on the company's forums, Senior Vice-President Christian Svensson personally responded in a language that every gamer can understand: sales numbers. When a forum user suggested that Investigations 2 would sell more than Okamiden, he frankly stated:

The costs of localization are higher than the forecasted return. And no, it wouldn't sell more than Okamiden (which has already sold more than the first Investigations).

As far as the internet was concerned, that was that. Nobody could argue with Capcom's logic in this case, and while there has certainly been some grumbling, there was no letter-writing campaign, no Operation Anything, and really no hard feelings. Capcom let their fans know exactly where they stood on the matter and the logic behind their decision, their fans agreed to disagree, and everybody moved on. Nintendo could stand to learn from Capcom's handling of a potentially prickly situation.

There's no reason why Nintendo can't harness the power of its online community for its own good, while also offering its supporters a sense of inclusion in what they do. Few brands are fortunate enough to have such a passionate, knowledgeable, and long-lived fanbase that literally spans generations. However, in order to make this happen they must expend more effort on their social media than they have in many years, and must infuse their web presence with a personality that is sorely lacking. They must attack on all fronts, hitting their web-savvy fanbase where they live – on blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and forums – and offer a reasonable measure of transparency across the board.

Ultimately, Nintendo must reach out. The game industry currently exists in North America mostly thanks to their efforts, and along the way they've made many fans because of it.  But the most effective methods of interacting with these fans have changed, and Nintendo must change along with them. A renewed dedication to a hands-on approach is the best way to ensure that the storm clouds of Operation Rainfall are nothing more than distant thunder for Nintendo fans everywhere.

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Playing with Power: Harnessing the Nintendo Community
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 06:50:26 PM »
Amen, Brother Lindy!
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 06:55:56 PM »
#6. Figure out how to make online "fans" discuss things they like, not just the things they hate.

#7. Figure out how to make non-Nintendo-centric media comfortable complimenting Nintendo.  "Game X is good ... for a Wii game" does not count.

~~~

Sorry this post is rushed... I'll put more thought in to the discussion later.... if there is one.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 07:04:37 PM »
Nintendo doesn't need a Twitter nor a Facebook presence. They have the money to run a real website. Social networks are for people too stupid to set up basic blogs.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Bboy

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 01:09:19 AM »
Well said again Lindy, I wish Nintendo would take these articles of yours to heart.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 01:25:59 AM »
What Nintendo needs for their online presence is a centric blog (headed up by the "community manager") that uses Twiitter and Facebook to pretty much link back to the main blog.  They could revitalize the forums as part of the blog, if they wanted, but I don't see those as important.  Honestly, I HATED the NSider forums.  Worse than GameFAQs.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 01:30:05 AM by UncleBob »
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 01:27:18 AM »
Social networks are for people too stupid to set up basic blogs.

That gives me an idea.  How awesome if Miyamoto had a blog or even a twitter feed that was updated regularly and at least somewhat uncensored?  Not in Nintendo best interests, maybe, but still....I'd read it everyday, especially if it went something like this:

If Miyamoto tweeted....

"Met with Zelda team today.  Upended tea table.  Made someone cry.  LOL."

"Organized CD collection today.  Been cleaning alot lately.  If this was a game.."

"Mario 3DS done.  Don't like color of hat.  Time to upend tea table!"
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 02:31:05 AM »

That gives me an idea.  How awesome if Miyamoto had a blog or even a twitter feed that was updated regularly and at least somewhat uncensored?  Not in Nintendo best interests, maybe, but still....I'd read it everyday, especially if it went something like this:

If Miyamoto tweeted....

"Organized CD collection today.  Been cleaning alot lately.  If this was a game.."

I can't decide whether it would be awesome or terrible to be the guy who had to translate Miyamoto's tweets into English.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 03:23:35 AM »
All sensible ideas, all unlikely to happen. The fact that stuff like Iwata Asks even exists and the fact that Nintendo even has PR people updating Twitter and Facebook pages probably makes them think they're already doing their job on the social networking angle. They obviously aren't, of course, but you'd need a lot of people to tell them that before they change their tactics.

The unfortunate thing about Iwata Asks is that supposedly, press access to Nintendo developers has decreased since the genesis of that website as they believe it serves the same role. Not good, because while these interviews can give nice insights, the questions are too soft. There's no prospect of interviewer flair, little chance for daring questions that catch the interviewee off guard and make them stop & think.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 03:29:46 AM »

If Miyamoto tweeted....

Might I suggest you make a fake @Miyamoto account?  I've really enjoyed following @KazHiraiSCE, even more so during the entire "Sony doesn't care about internet security" mess (One of my favorite tweets was something along the line of "Hey, another idea we stole from Nintendo - a barely functioning online structure").  A fake Miyamoto account in this fashion could be fun.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 03:38:57 AM »
Those are all great suggestions, Lindy.  Unfortunately, Nintendo will probably not take any of these to heart until we're so far in the future that those suggestions are considered antiquated.  The way Nintendo has conducted themselves this generation, I think the company Execs just get off on keeping everyone in the dark until it benefits them most to descend from On High to release the occasional carefully-crafted drip of information out to the masses.  Radio Free Nintendo addressed this in a recent show with how the internal Iwata Asks press releases "interviews" have pretty much replaced typical press access to Nintendo spokespeople.

Nintendo won't radically change how they interact with the press and the public until there's a major economic imperative in play.  And the way that Nintendo has been making money, they really have no reason to do that, as much as we would all appreciate it.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Urkel

• Reggie Fart-Aime
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 03:56:43 AM »
Launch a company blog with an honest-to-goodness Community Manager

ahahahaha no

Put some effort into Twitter

who cares

Streamline and improve their Facebook pages

who cares

Bring back the official Nintendo forums

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Be honest with your fans and share news with them, even if it's bad

Nintendo could stand to learn from Capcom's handling of a potentially prickly situation.

Ahahahahaha. Why didn't you quote how Capcom responded to the whole Resident Evil 3D save fiasco?

'In Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D, all mission progress is saved directly to the Nintendo 3DS cartridge, where it cannot be reset. The nature of the game invites high levels of replayability, encouraging fans to improve mission scores. The save mechanic ensures that both original and unlocked game content will be available to all users. Secondhand game sales were not a factor in this development decision, and we hope that all our consumers will be able to enjoy the entirety of the survival-action experiences that the game does offer. '
Second, here's the gist:
There was no intention of lessening the experience of the game. Essentially, RE Mercs was treated like an arcade fighting game. You unlock characters, levels, etc and they just stay unlocked as they would in an arcade machine. There was no hidden motive to prevent buying used copies. It's not some secret form of DRM. It's simply the way we designed the save system to work with the arcade type of gameplay.

Any non-retarded person who read that was insulted by the blatant lying.

As for their response to Ass Attorney Investomatic 4 Part 3 The Movie: The Game... no ****. Of course they aren't localizing it because they don't expect to make enough money off of it. What would be the point of Nintendo saying that? We already know that's their reason. That's what the point of Operation Assfall IS. To show that there IS a sizable (or at least, big enough to break even) audience for these games after all. The fact that there wasn't a big uproar over AAI4P3TM:TG isn't proof of Capcom's competence at PR, it's proof that they're right that nobody cares about the game. Releasing 5 games in a series in a single generation does that.

Also, please stop pretending like you actually give a **** about Operation Rainfall or these games with these editorials.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

"ROFS? Rolling on the floor... starving?"- Phoenix Wright

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 09:28:59 AM »
Miyamoto Tweeting would be like your Grandfather tweeting. 

I'm sorry to anyone who says these avenues do not matter.  Word of mouth is still the most powerful form of marketing and Twitter/Facebook/Blog causes word of mouth to start and one of the closer forms of communication to it.  Especially in something like Videogames you want to manage your community. 

Just like you want to manage your community if you are a sports team.  You want to give reasons for people to be devoted to you.  Why, because their are X amount of teams that at the end of the day do the EXACT same thing you do.  Why is Greg a Bills fan?  Why does Lindy love the Sharks?  Because they have had a positive or impactful experience to link them to those teams, though I don't see it for Greg :P.  Good Community Management helps provide those Experiences.  Why do we all prefer different brands of car?  Their is One car that can be scientifically derived as the best so, why don't we drive that one?  Why do we have Harley people?  Good Branding Good Community Managament.  It is powerful.  It has always been.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2011, 09:56:55 AM »
@Urkel My point proven. At least Capcom RESPONDED.  People may not have liked or agreed with that response, but at least they explained their position.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2011, 12:18:55 PM »
My dear Lindy,

I enjoy listening to you so much so I say this with all due respect ... I disagree.

2010 was a joy-gasm for Nintendo consoles.  I know that 2011 is sucky so far, but once again, I think the proclamations that Nintendo has lost their way and is now surely doomed are severely premature.

Would it be cool if Nintendo had all this buddy-buddy contact with its audience? Sure. Why not?  But it wouldn't change the only fact that matters: the games that we get.

Do Sony and Microsoft develop/release games based on forum chatter? I think not.

Would it be nice to hear from insiders when problems like TLS/Xeno/PT arise? Sure. Why not? But do you really think they would be candid confessions?

Was Sony "honest with [its] fans and share news with them, even if it's bad" regarding the PSN debacle?
Was Microsoft "honest with [its] fans and share news with them, even if it's bad" regarding the RRODs or the price increase of XBL?

Hint: No.

So where are all the articles about how Sony and MS need to step up? (obviously I don't mean they should be on this site).

Jack Tretton gave a speech that didn't sound very far from a PR-speech at E3 and so many gamers not only immediately forgave them but were like, on the verge of tears!

It's a simple matter that when it comes to Nintendo, expectations are so much higher that all these ridiculous double-standards materialize and harden like friggin' super glue.   Which is why I feel the items 6 and 7 I added above are more important than some social network pacifier.

PS - for the record, I am all about Operation Rainfall and letting Nintendo know they are messing up in that situation.  Soooo, keep that in mind before everyone breaks out the fanboy torches .... kinda sad that in regard to gaming, if you just outright like something, you're dismissed as the wrong kind of gamer (fanboy).  Looking over my spectrum of consoles, I think I've earned the right to love Nintendo ^_^
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 12:23:38 PM by NinSage »

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2011, 12:20:36 PM »
Nintendo comes across as out-of-touch and disconnected from their audience because we're not their audience.  We like to think we are because we like their games and we used to be their audience.  But I don't think we are, so I don't think they care.

All I would really want to see from Nintendo in regards to internet presence is to be more frequent with game announcements and such.  You know why we spend so much time bitching about things?  It's because there is jack **** to talk about.  Nintendo keeps us in the dark for months at a time.  We can't hype ourselves up about games we don't know about.  Though poor third party support does play a part in that as it just results in less games period.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2011, 12:55:41 PM »
To Ian's point.  Nintendo needs to really wake up and see that being a platform holder has changed.  Sony and MS both make a point to promote their platform offerings.  Even if they are not theirs.  Nintendo needs to get a little more with time and start acting as Nintendo the Platform holder as well as Nintendo the Developer.

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2011, 03:25:39 PM »
@ Ceric

Why do they need to do that? Just so we can have triplets instead of HD twins?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I would love it if 3rd parties were warm and fuzzy enough with Nintendo to hop on and enjoy the ride.  But Nintendo's first party stable is so much more powerful than Sony/MSs' that they profit best as a "Nintendo" platform featuring third parties who are willing.  The install base is there, the innovation is there, the cheaper development is there .... 3rd parties just need to opt in.  Instead, third parties largely relegated either their "test" projects or their outright watered down versions of games to the Wii ... those (poor) efforts were met with poor results and instead of blaming the software, third parties blamed the hardware.

Nintendo would love it if the third party content was as alluring as the first party stuff ... but if it's not, they are content to just keep on succeeding alone.

On PS3/60, the first party content is not enough to survive.  Is it good? Yup. Is it popular? Yup. Is it to Nintendo's level? Nope.  So of course they focus on third parties.... there's nothing else to focus on!

~~~

Also, what did you mean about getting with the times?  If anything, this generation has shown that first party software is more popular than ever on all platforms (just more so in Nintendo's case).

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2011, 04:01:18 PM »
@NinSage all well and good for Nintendo the Developer.  Nintendo can't be the be all for everyone.  They Won't be the Be all for everyone.  They Made that point.  They keep making that point.  IF you hold a platform you want to expand your audience.  You don't want to keep just the same audience or you'll never grow.  If Nintendo didn't have a board that wouldn't really matter.  They find a profit level their satisfied with and stay their but, they do have a board and they do care.

Nintendo has chosen a field and that was Dedicated Gaming Hardware and Supporting Software.  You want everyone in the Niche to use your platform.  To want to be on your platform.  To do that you have to be willing to market and support items that are not your own because you have chosen not to make that particular Item.  Nintendo has been pretty clear they are not going to make NFL Simulators or WWII Shooters.  Their not going to do it.  Welp, their is a large market of Dedicated Gaming Hardware Consumers that want to Play NFL Simulators or WWII Shooters.  Are you just going to leave them in the cold to be picked up by a competitor?  No, if your platform is desirable someone should realize that their is an under-served Market for NFL Simulators and WWII Shooters on your Platform.  At that point Nintendo the Platform holder should think, "Hey Nintendo the Developer isn't going to make these type of games but, their is a large market for them. Lets put some of our Marketing dollars to work Promoting a Version of this Genre we feel comfortable with and is popular to grab a market Nintendo the Developer will not."  Hoping to in turn bring someone else to Nintendo the Platform so, they may eventually get a double dip from that person buying Nintendo the Developer goods.

This is not about trying to make a set of "triplets instead of HD twins";  This is about making this a Superior platform.  If you tire has a slow leak you can just air it every morning or spend a little money and get it patched and not worry about it.  You may not take the care if you have to hassle with it.  You can't do everything alone.  A Jack of All trade is Master of none.

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2011, 05:18:00 PM »
@ Ceric

I'm sorry, sir, that doesn't make sense.

1. You don't think Nintendo has/has tried to/will continue to expand its audience?!

2. There are NFL simulators and WWII shooters on the Wii - who was in charge of making them look as good as first party games do? Hint: not Nintendo

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2011, 06:43:28 PM »
It's in Nintendo's best interest to make it as easy and attractive as possible to support their platforms. They did not do that with the Wii.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2011, 06:49:32 PM »
@ insanolord

How so? By making the architecture cheaper/familiar to develop for? By giving them an inherently unique and new control method? By giving them a huge and diverse install base? By giving the console free, built-in wifi?

... stop me any time here ...

Or was the only important thing to make it beefed up HD so that third parties could just copy'n'paste their games to a third platform?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2011, 07:12:41 PM »
Except the architecture was only familiar to developers familiar with the GameCube architecture, which basically meant Nintendo themselves and Capcom. It used a lot of proprietary technologies that were specific to Nintendo, which is why there was such disparity in visual quality between the games from developers who cared enough to learn the intricacies of them and those from developers who decided to ignore them.

The lack of power was a significant sticking point for third parties. They had to go out of their way to adapt their plans to fit Nintendo's console, which is not a good way to attract support. The online infrastructure was atrocious. Install base means nothing if the games aren't selling.

Nintendo is just as responsible for the lousy third party support the Wii got as those developers, if not more so.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Urkel

• Reggie Fart-Aime
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2011, 07:34:46 PM »
Nintendo is just as responsible for the lousy third party support the Wii got as those developers, if not more so.

NO

http://pietriots.com/2010/12/17/the-3rd-party-wall-of-shame/
"ROFS? Rolling on the floor... starving?"- Phoenix Wright

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2011, 08:30:16 PM »
@ Ceric

I'm sorry, sir, that doesn't make sense.

1. You don't think Nintendo has/has tried to/will continue to expand its audience?!

2. There are NFL simulators and WWII shooters on the Wii - who was in charge of making them look as good as first party games do? Hint: not Nintendo
I had a longer one but I honestly think you didn't actually read my post.  Just skimmed it.