Author Topic: Konami's neglect  (Read 6225 times)

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Konami's neglect
« on: February 07, 2003, 11:02:15 AM »
  I am so fed up with Konami.  Crap game after crap game, and i'm not even including the Disney games. There was supposed to be games coming from Konami mobile 21, but have they even made 1 game yet?  I say no GBA games unless they provide the GC with some good titles.  Like a Castlevania, for instance.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Alliedrally68

• View Profile
Konami's neglect
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2003, 11:28:05 AM »
Konami has confirmed that they are making a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game that will be released for Gamecube.  I'm actually excited about it.  TMNT 3: The Manhattan Project, was one of my favorite NES games, and I'm glad Konami is bringing the franchise back.
Allied Rally
.....////////......///////....
...///...........///...///....
..////////.......//////.......
.///...///.....///...///......
.///////......///////.........  "

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
Konami's neglect
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2003, 12:04:45 PM »
Nintendo should tell Konami that it won't let it publish 21430 GBA games a week in Japan if it doesn't get some GameCube leverage.  I don't understand why Nintendo allows Konami to put out so many GBA games without a hint of care towards the publisher's GC efforts.

This is one of the areas I hope Iwata is taking into consideration as he's doing his president thing in Japan.
Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline SriramSiv

• View Profile
Konami's neglect
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2003, 12:13:38 PM »
Just remember that it isnt konami responsible for the disney games. A few years back, nintendo did a deal to bring disney games to its consoles and gave the job to rare (mickeys speedway) but now with rare gone it gave the job to konami instead. Im sure theyll announce at least one AAA game at E3 and these disney games let them get to grips with the hardware i suppose.

Offline 2oGu3

• View Profile
Konami's neglect
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2003, 12:34:33 PM »
I have given up on konami i suggest everyone else do the same!
"On the mainland its cuumfaca, but in the islands they call it onigoogoo"

Offline Game_Freak

• View Profile
Konami's neglect
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2003, 02:56:41 PM »
At Konamis website a few weeks ago, they hinted that they had something special for Gamecube owners at E3. Does anyone remember that?

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
Konami's neglect
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2003, 03:01:39 PM »
yes i saw that too.... we will see if its true.  I hope so. Id love a new 2D Castlevania on the Gamecube.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Konami's neglect
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2003, 03:48:25 PM »
Jesus.
Remember the deal with Rare? It was for around eleven games! And how many have they only done so far? Three? Five? GEEZ! This is the only thing that's making Konami develop games on Gamecube. Get rid of the deal already! It's not doing any good for Nintendo, Konami, Disney, or any of us gamers!

Konami, the sly bastards they are, will probably use the excuse that sales of Disney games on Gamecube are so poor, there's no point in developing the major franchises for it. They'll develop crap disney game after crap disney game, saying that these games are suited to Gamecube cause it's kiddy, and after poor sales, STILL not try out their major franchises.

So everyone, IF Konami makes a major franchise for Gamecube, for the love of God, buy it (assuming that it's actually a GOOD game)! Prove that we DO want Konami to develop their major franchises for Gamecube!

And yes, Iwata-san had better bloody kick their asses for good Gamecube games. Make them put some effort in for some GBA connection. Mobile 21 was set for a reason wasn't it?
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Nintendo

• View Profile
Konami's neglect
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2003, 04:57:46 PM »
It really IS too bad there are NO other consoles that DO get the Konami support Konami fans want.
Am I right? Am I!? *wink wink nudge nudge*
"What if everything you see is more than what you see - the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps

Offline Bishman

• View Profile
Konami's neglect
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2003, 05:03:21 PM »
Wait for E3.

Offline Poona

• View Profile
Konami's neglect
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2003, 06:10:29 PM »
Yeah, I'm feeling good about the new TMNT game.

I loved the arcade game, as well as Turtles In Time and Hyperstone Heist. The new game is begging for 4 player co-op, so I hope they do it.

It had it in the arcade, but Turtles In Time and Hyperstone Heist only had 2 players due to the limitations of the console. These days we can have 4 players easily, so I hope they take advantage of it.

Offline 3rdrocket

• View Profile
Konami's neglect
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2003, 06:13:26 PM »
You cant go wrong with ninja turtles no matter how old u are! I would love to see a new Mystical ninja Goemon game for gamecube or gba! DASH DASH DASH!!!
Fuzzy eybrows!

Offline NarmaK

• View Profile
Konami's neglect
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2003, 07:10:39 PM »
I read somewhere a new konami rpg is coming out in about a week for GC.  Its based on yugioh but it still might be good i think its called Yugioh Falsebound Kingdom.  Its not a card game so thats good but its probably targeted towards kids.  its been released in japan and europe so i hope its comin here.

run a search to find out more PGC doesnt have anything on it me thinks.

Konami's neglect
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2003, 01:05:34 AM »
Konami should bring Rave Groove Adventure Fighting live to the US and Europe.
They released it for the GC in Japan.

It looks like a fun 4 player game.
People that imported it have said it's like Powerstone 2,which I thought was really fun.  

Offline Kai

• View Profile
Konami's neglect
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2003, 06:22:06 AM »
I was hoping there would be news on a 3D Castlevania game for the GameCube, but the Feb issue of US Playstation magazine says it's for the PS2.  

Offline LOUiE

• View Profile
Konami's neglect
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2003, 06:49:36 AM »

Originally posted by: Termin8Anakin
Jesus.
Mobile 21 was set for a reason wasn't it?

Yeah, to make GBA games.

Konami's neglect
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2003, 03:48:55 PM »
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is a multiconsole game so I see no reason to get all excited about it. What we need is a Silent Hill game, along with a Castlevania title. Konami has other great games as well, but unfortunately they all go to the Ps2 and Xbox and the Gamecube gets the crappy and kiddie ones.