Author Topic: The Animal Crossing: New Horizons Thread of Madness  (Read 104300 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: The Animal Crossing: New Horizons Thread of Madness
« Reply #300 on: May 23, 2020, 04:47:44 PM »
By the way everyone I am opening the gates and folks can see the general idea of my island. Still need to design some paths for some of the areas but I am placing DIY items around the map while you are here. It is pretty sunny so go for fishing and bug catching. Oh I am also opening it to best friends only for today.

Edit:  Gonna try and open up my island later tonight. Today is Saturday so I have KK Slider on the island.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 06:07:29 PM by BeautifulShy »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #301 on: May 23, 2020, 06:00:29 PM »
There is no harm in bringing a tree along for your next visit and trying it out.  I haven't tried it personally but it might work. In any case you could just bring the fruit she doesn't have and giving them to her.

Went last night and was able to plant the trees. Glad to finally get then out of my pockets.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 24, 2020, 01:11:21 PM »
I completed my fossil collection, so I'm gonna be selling off all my extra fossils since no one really wanted any anyway.

Quick question.....
If you need to move your house, but only move it back a few spaces, you can do that, right?
You don't need to move it somewhere else completely and then move it back, right?

I'm trying to plan for future roads and bridges.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #303 on: May 24, 2020, 01:14:39 PM »
No, you have to move it twice. You can't put the kit on top of any existing building.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #304 on: May 24, 2020, 04:49:43 PM »
Stratos are you still doing the catalog gathering come tomorrow?   I have so many fossils and items I purchased this past week in my storage. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 25, 2020, 10:47:15 PM »
Apologies, something came up for work, so things won't be happening tonight  :-\

Hopefully we can do something later this week. I was gonna setup a catalog maze people could walk down with patches of items they could grab.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #306 on: May 25, 2020, 11:14:26 PM »
Apologies, something came up for work, so things won't be happening tonight  :-\

Hopefully we can do something later this week. I was gonna setup a catalog maze people could walk down with patches of items they could grab.
No worries things happen.  That idea is really nice and should be fun.   
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 26, 2020, 04:33:07 PM »
Will have to shoot for later this week for our meetup, but got the urgent issues worked out at work just in time.

I also never mentioned this, but Boomer was not my favorite, it was Hopper the cranky old Penguin. Hopper was my favorite City Folk villager. Boomer was my New Leaf discount Hopper.

I'll have them both in my town soon enough.

In town and staying:
Sterling
Eugene
Phoebe
Hopper
Ankha

Will be leaving:
Walker
Lyman
Maple
Francine
Audie

Visiting:
Boomer

Next to come:
Knox
Lionel
Goose
Apollo

Though some villagers I bring over might end up being replaced down the road. I thought Sterling would be cool because he was dressed like a knight, but he's just a workout nut, so not nearly as interesting as I thought he would be. Bringing over villagers to your campsite turns out to be a great way to get DIYs so I may just have a slightly larger rotation to keep bringing in for those unlocks.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #308 on: May 27, 2020, 02:04:52 PM »
Does anyone have any sky blue cute items?  I already have the bed, music player, tea table diy table and clock of that color. I have a yellow cute sofa which I am willing to swap out for a sky blue one. I can also order a yellow cute chair to swap out for a sky blue one.

I guess the remaining items are these which I am missing.

Cute Chair
Cute Vanity
Cute Sofa
Cute Wardrobe
Cute Floor Lamp

If anyone has those in the sky blue variation I would be up for exchanging items or you can tell me what you might need so I can keep an eye out for it.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 02:11:25 PM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 27, 2020, 05:14:45 PM »
I have the cute wardrobe but in white. I'll order one for the catalog party and you can keep it afterwards so you can use it as a placeholder for your room decoration planning.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #310 on: May 28, 2020, 03:59:35 AM »
I completed my fossil collection, so I'm gonna be selling off all my extra fossils since no one really wanted any anyway.

Quick question.....
If you need to move your house, but only move it back a few spaces, you can do that, right?
You don't need to move it somewhere else completely and then move it back, right?

I'm trying to plan for future roads and bridges.

No, you have to move it twice. You can't put the kit on top of any existing building.

To add on to what Nickmitch said in regards to bridges and inclines you can demolish those by going into infastructure and looking at Bridges and inclines and the option is there to demolish the inclines and bridges if you need a space where one of those things are.   

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #311 on: May 28, 2020, 04:09:51 AM »
I found a video on kicking out islanders that you don't want on the island or just getting new islanders to fill in a spot for your island animals.  It basically boils down to figuring out a villagers friendship level with you and making it go super low or surprisingly super high.  Then keeping track of thought bubbles and when that activates so you can move them out and doing it the right way.   Kinda vague but the video explains it better.

For BnM- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x68HFI2SMGk
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 28, 2020, 01:36:49 PM »
Most surefire way I have seen is to ignore them, wall them off so they can't leave their house/yard. Then never interact on thought bubbles unless they are one you want to leave. The thought bubbles will pass around from villager to villager so keep ignoring it until it is on one you want to leave and hopefully it aligns with the "urge to leave" indicator in the game.

...or hack/use an amiibo to kick out the ones you want to leave.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #313 on: May 28, 2020, 02:18:20 PM »
Most surefire way I have seen is to ignore them, wall them off so they can't leave their house/yard. Then never interact on thought bubbles unless they are one you want to leave. The thought bubbles will pass around from villager to villager so keep ignoring it until it is on one you want to leave and hopefully it aligns with the "urge to leave" indicator in the game.

...or hack/use an amiibo to kick out the ones you want to leave.

I have my two villagers that I don't want fenced in on their own island but somehow one or both of them get out throughout the day and then they call out to me but they are hidden behind trees so I don't know it is them and I talk to them so it restarts things.   It is frustrating.   I have no amiibo whatsoever so I can't go that path.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #314 on: May 28, 2020, 02:21:48 PM »
In any case I have Kicks in my town.  Gonna open up my town while I finish up my daily activities to friends shortly.

If you are not yet my friend but want to remedy that here is my switch code. SW- 2862-0721-2519
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #315 on: May 31, 2020, 05:27:47 PM »
Looks like the Wedding Event is going to start on June 1st then runs till June 30th.  Looks like you can gets lots of different wedding items for yourself.   It takes place on Harv's island and it is going to be about getting the maximum hearts that you can from the event to get the items.   The more hearts will get you more heart crystals to trade for furniture,wallpaper, flooring and different items.  The max heart crystals daily you can get is 15. lowest is 5.   There is 3 sets the cute, garden and chic set.   To get the max heart crystals you need to use at least 12 items each day.  11 hearts max for the first 7 days. Then it becomes 15 heart crystals max 8 photoshoots and beyond.   7 photo shoots total will give the option to use all the wedding items for the photo shoot.   

This should be fun and it is going to be fun collecting them.  I've read that real life couples have met in Animal Crossing and got married later on in life so it is nice to see that shown as an event in New Horizons.

Video going over the event is here.

For BnM- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVovmub9cDw
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 06:40:37 PM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #316 on: June 01, 2020, 06:49:12 PM »
I recently made a small cafe area, which came out kinda nice. Also, finally made it to 4 stars.  Isabelle said I'll need more outside furniture, which is fine.  I think I'll turn a space I was using as a garden into a carnival area, but we'll see.  I also paid off the attic and got the basement.  I've decorated it some, but I kinda want more things to put there.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #317 on: June 03, 2020, 01:28:46 AM »
By the way if you are having a hard time getting Nook Miles in a timely manner here is a video I found that goes over an efficent way to do so. Basically you need to have all your tools with you and certain other items to do the Nook Points+   tasks to do them when they come up.  In about a hour you can make 10K Nook Miles and that is a boon for those that may not have much time to play. 

Using the Scorpion island/Sleep Mode trick you can get lots of Nook Miles and Bells pretty quickly when you are able to play.
Video is below.

For BnM-  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH9-nx49L4U
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #318 on: June 03, 2020, 06:03:20 PM »
Flick was on my island yesterday, so I used a NMT to try to get some scorpions.  I lucked up on a bamboo island and was able to fill my inventory to the tune of over 400K bells, which was great.  The garden by my house is almost filled with pink roses, so I can hopefully stop doing that soon and dig up some other rose plants I have lying around.  They're barely worth going out of my way to sell, so I've actually just been throwing flowers away.  I am trying to cross breed some for the other colors, but that's been going pretty slowly.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #319 on: June 04, 2020, 08:48:15 PM »
I found C.J. on my island last night and spent the evening fishing. I managed to pull in a good amount of bells, but I started to remember how low value some of the fish are. Although, having C.J. is a bit better than Flick since I can dispose of cheap fish and still get paid whereas with Flick, I'm not gonna leave a NMT island with mosquitoes. Speaking on new things for the summer, all three fishing netted me a bunch of new fish. I probably would've made more money but I caught three whale sharks and couldn't pass up the chance for a sculpture. I got it today, and it was worth it. Now to find a place to put it…

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #320 on: June 16, 2020, 06:20:22 PM »
I got Flick on my island today, which means I may be trying for a scorpion island tonight.  One of the hot items is the hearth, making it worth over 10K, so it's a pretty profitable day for me.

I actually used an NMT to try and get more supplies.  I'll call this mixed luck, as I ended up on a bamboo island.  It's "mixed" because I actually forgot to grab my ladder and vaulting pole, so I didn't need them.  And it also has most of the stuff I need for hearth making: bamboo, iron, clay; only lacking in a good supply of dark wood.  However, this would've been a perfect scorpion island, but it's before 7:30.  I'll wait and wrap up things there later to see if they'll spawn or if I'm locked into the day time.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 17, 2020, 09:50:01 PM »
Anyone find The Colonel from KFC yet? You could get some real free KFC for real.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/06/random_kfc_makes_animal_crossing_island_gives_visitors_free_real-life_chicken

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #322 on: June 23, 2020, 10:05:12 PM »
Well today is my birthday and I was pleasently surprised when I opened up the game today.  My villagers did something for my birthday.  Eunice came to my door and took me the her house and when I entered there was a full birthday spread. Cake, balloons and the whole nine yards.  I was given a party flooring and birthday cupcakes. I even smashed a pinata and got some things.  Took photos of it.  Very pleasently surprised at this.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 24, 2020, 11:24:22 AM »
Well today is my birthday and I was pleasently surprised when I opened up the game today.  My villagers did something for my birthday.  Eunice came to my door and took me the her house and when I entered there was a full birthday spread. Cake, balloons and the whole nine yards.  I was given a party flooring and birthday cupcakes. I even smashed a pinata and got some things.  Took photos of it.  Very pleasently surprised at this.

Congrats BShy! Got any Animal Crossing item wishes we can mail you?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #324 on: June 24, 2020, 01:37:10 PM »

Congrats BShy! Got any Animal Crossing item wishes we can mail you?

I actually need some.  I am making an 80s game room in my basement with arcade machines and games like foosball, pool tables and the like.  I have the foosball table and pool table and I need to check if I have any other items in my catalog that I can purchase...

I need the 3 arcade games, Combat, Fighting and Mahjong. Break Tapper, Pinball machine, snack machine, drink machine, tennis table.
Alexis, she/her/Miss