Author Topic: Mario Kart 8 Gets New Vehicle Type  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Aaron Brown

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Mario Kart 8 Gets New Vehicle Type
« on: April 09, 2014, 06:02:03 PM »

Get off the road and buggy up!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/37080/mario-kart-8-gets-new-vehicle-type

A new type of vehicle will be introduced in Mario Kart 8.

The buggy-type vehicle will be available to use aside from the standard kart and bikes used in previous games.

These buggy karts will be available in different styles, including an ATV-type body, as pictured. A Wild Wiggler buggy will also be able to drive.

Aaron R. Brown
Previews Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline KITT 10K

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Kart 8 Gets New Vehicle Type
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 09:25:01 PM »
I wouldn't really call that new. In Mario Kart 7 there are tires that you can put in that basically jacks them up like a buggy. But still more variety is always welcomed.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 09:38:29 PM »
Please do not doubt the staff of NWR and their decisions for stories. I think this is a wonderful piece of news, despite any technicalities, and I am still the longest-running staff member, despite being retired for a year now.

Anyway, in all seriousness, I like all of these new bodies and stuff, but then again I'm a sucker for customization. I'm playing ModNation Racers: Road Trip on the Vita, and while that doesn't hold a candle to Mario Kart's greatest entries, I'm loving the customization aspect. Obviously Mario Kart 8's customization won't be anywhere near ModNation, it's a wonderful addition to the series. Thank you, MK7!

I just hope unlocking vehicle parts is a less luck-based affair than Mario Kart 7. You randomly got a part once you reached certain coin totals. I didn't get one of my most wanted bodies until late in my playing of the game.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline KITT 10K

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 04:16:25 PM »
I wasn't doubting or criticizing them at all. I was just noting that it really isn't new but it is still a welcomed addition to the game. And I aslo love customizations for the karts, as far as I'm concerned the more the better. I just can't wait for the game to come out.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 04:19:15 PM »
I was just joking KITT! Don't mind me!
I'm sorry it didn't come off as joking. :)
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline KITT 10K

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 09:03:27 AM »
I figured as much. I just wanted to be clear, (you know how some people over react to the dumbest things and that you can't include the tone you're using as you write with what you're writing).