Community Forums > Movies & TV

Rate the last movie you've seen

<< < (1301/1309) > >>

ThePerm:
Memory 5/10 what a mess.

BlackNMild2k1:
Saw NOPE last night...

Just want to pre-face that I LOVED Get Out, and thought that a scifi thriller movie for White people, but a true HORROR movie for Black people.

Didn't love Us, thought it was ok, but not on the same level as Get Out.

This movie upon initial theater watch was a big NOPE from me. Beginning of the movie just kinda dragged, and then when it got interesting, it turned out to not be what I was expecting. some thing didn't make sense, and we all left the theater thinking... did I like this movie - NOPE. would I watch it again - NOPE. recommend to anyone - NOPE. potential second watch on streaming..... maybe.

Now i have to admit that I had a long day prior to watching this movie, and there was part where I dozed off for about 2-3 minutes, but I didn't miss anything significant.

Now I read up on things that happened in the movie this morning, and while it adds some insight to stuff that I didn't really piece together in the moment, it doesn't change how I feel about the movie.
I didn't really enjoy it all that much. There were a few moments were it was entertaining and thrilling, but this was a miss for me.

p.s. I would barely call it a horror movie, as the trailers before the movie were scarier.
More of a "thriller" as it had some tense/exciting moments.

oh, and Kaluuya seemed too muted and lacking of personality throughout the entire movie. Wish he was a little more personable, as that would add something to movie.

**WARNING** Movie Spoilers - don't read till after watching **WARNING**
-the scariest part of this movie turned out to be a psych out, and was just kids in alien mask creeping around in the dark playing a prank.

-also the part with the chimp, which was the 2nd scariest/most terrifying part of the movie is actually based on a real thing that happened:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travis_(chimpanzee)

-the Chimp incident and the scene with the horse training on set were all foreshadowing interactions with the alien ship, that turned out to not be a ship at all, but an actual flying alien jellyfish.
Yuen survives the Chimp incident because the table cloth blocked eye contact, much like when Kaluuya tells the set guy to not make eye contact and get in the horses face, which caused the horse to react with a kick. possibly the same reason why the last horst didn't get sucked up, because it's blinders prevented it from making eye contact

ThePerm:
Smile - I wanted to see this, but then I watched it. It wasn't bad. But it was really cliché.

I have seen this movie before, even though I never saw this movie before.

6.7/10

I'd only recommend this movie if you're like 18 and never saw any R rated ghost curse movies. It could be good if you weren't spoiled by being 38.

Barbarian

8.5/10

This movie does smart things even if the characters are so stupid. It's one of those movies directed by a previous Comedy movie person that works.

ThePerm:
Peanut Butter Falcon 8.8/10

That was really good.

ThePerm:
Magnolia 8/10

I'm going to be thinking about this one for a long time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version