Author Topic: 3DS Sets Record Sales in 2013  (Read 1474 times)

Offline Dangerface

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
3DS Sets Record Sales in 2013
« on: January 11, 2014, 02:45:38 AM »

Still going strong. As if we had reason to worry.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/36341

Nintendo 3DS had a good year in 2013, topping game sales in 2012 by 45 percent and passing 11.5 million in lifetime hardware sales.

The Christmas season saw hardware sales push another million units from the almost 10.5 million number reported in November. Also, according to the officials, shoppers this year bought a grand total of more than 16 million both packaged and digital 3DS games. Seven of those games landed Megacritic scores of 85 or higher, with Fire Emblem: Awakening and A Link Between Worlds coming in over 90.

“Nintendo 3DS is a powerhouse with games and experiences that appeal to all kinds of players,” said Nintendo of America’s executive VP of Sales and Marketing, Scott Moffat, “We’re not slowing down in 2014. With more games featuring fan-favorite franchises on the way, the best days of Nintendo 3DS are still to come.”

Do you think 2014 will be another kind year for the 3DS? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!

Offline Chad Sexington

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
    • UO Thief
Re: 3DS Sets Record Sales in 2013
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 04:36:19 AM »
Looking forward to Bravely Default.  Still haven't downloaded the demo yet.

After falling in love with the DS Layton games, there's something about Miracle Mask that hasn't hooked me at all.  I pick it up and put it down and I doubt I'll ever finish it.  I might drop the entire series for a while.
12 years of Ultima Online - www.uothief.com - Twitter: @UOThief

Offline KITT 10K

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 10:26:46 AM »
After reading all of the other articles about Nintendo struggling with the Wii U, (which IS a great system), this makes me feel much better and happy.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 02:50:52 PM »
No shocker here, the 3DS finally had a great lineup this year, and any year with Pokémon is of course going to top the charts.

Offline Eiksirf

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 10:44:50 AM »
I actually am a little shocked by this, and pleasantly since the Wii U news has been so disappointing. For a long time I thought I was the only one around with a 3DS. I figured Apple was going to take over the handheld scene, but now I'm getting more and more StreetPass hits which makes it seem like something really happened this holiday season to turn around the 3DS. It might just be those relay points messing with me, but if the numbers here are any indication, things are doing well.