Author Topic: The Final Quest for Mushrooms: The Mario RPG Retrospective  (Read 8116 times)

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
Re: The Final Quest for Mushrooms: The Mario RPG Retrospective
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2011, 11:16:37 PM »
Maybe I'm just a fun hating jerk but I don't see Fawful's appeal.

It's just a bean with a face...
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2011, 02:59:17 AM »
But he has FURY.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline SilverQuilava

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2011, 12:08:01 AM »
Man... I have read some of the things that people have said about Super Paper Mario. Some say they liked it, but alot said they really didn't! See, that's not what bugs me though. People who have played Super Paper Mario have based their opinion of Paper Mario in general ONLY on Super Paper Mario because it is the ONLY one they've played! I know just about nobody is going to read this, but maybe they will. I don't know. But anyways, I have this to say. When people want to try out a new game they usually just go to Walmart or Gamestop to get it. All they have to choose from is mainstream games (ex Wii). When somebody buys Super Paper Mario, they are most likely unaware of the COMPLETE difference in that game and its predecessors. I'm terrible at putting things into words, but if you're actually reading please bear with me. They don't have the opportunity to be able to experience the older and much better Paper Mario games. So, they automatically think that Super Paper Mario is like the older games. Listen, I can not express enough how incredible and insanely unique Paper Mario for the Nintendo 64 and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door for the Gamecube really are! Great environments, excellent battle systems, and music that has effort, EFFORT put into it unlike the music Super Paper Mario just slapped together (not all songs in SPM are bad). In PM:TYD, they got a composer from Square Enix to do alot of the music for the game and it SHOWS. AND it is a turn based RPG! NOT ANYTHING like that platforming stuff in SPM. Look, if you have only played Super Paper Mario for the Wii, throw that game in the closet for a while and play the original games. I HIGHLY recommend The Thousand Year Door mostly because my best friend played PM64 and didn't like it that much, but when he played TYD he couldn't stop until he eagerly beat it. Some people are like that. I DO recommend BOTH though. I personally like Paper Mario for the Nintendo 64 the most. Nostalgic reasons mostly, but still! Try these games out, they are an experience all their own and I don't think anyone who plays these games will be disappointed. And as for the Paper Mario game coming out for the Nintendo 3DS soon, I don't know if it will be as good as the others, but it's switching back to the turn based style of the old games and I am eternally grateful for that. Paper Mario(64 and Thousand Year Door), to me, is the greatest RPG, if not the greatest game, ever created. It's absolutely underrated by many people who have never even given this game a chance. I just want people to know how great these games are and how this is a series of games that should live on. Maybe, I hope, that the Paper Mario game for the 3DS will make people realize this. If you took the time to read this, thank you. It means alot. Even if you don't try out the games, I'm happy that you at least read what I had to say. Thanks so much.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2011, 01:18:48 PM »
Never played SMRPG. I've never been a big fan of RPG's, especially back then. I'd opt out of buying them in favor of other games like Sunset Riders and Ken Griffy Jr.

This is making me want to try it out though.

black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Hamza Shaz

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2014, 07:26:48 AM »
YES! Finally someone agrees with my opinion. I don't like TTYD so much. :C

Offline Hamza Shaz

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2014, 07:27:27 AM »
YES! Finally someone agrees with my opinion. I don't like TTYD so much. :C
Oh shoot, wrong topic...

Offline Hamza Shaz

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2014, 07:40:46 AM »
Oh wait, it's not. Anyway, I've played ALL 3 Paper Mario games (except Sticker Star), so I have a fair opinion. I loved Super Paper Mario the best because:

1. Awesome Story, Bowser gets kidnapped too!
2. No more boring turn-based battles, has REAL platforming...
3. Awesomer art style...
4. Flipping.
And a lot more.

Your opinion may not be this but it's just my opinion.