Author Topic: GoldenEye, Mario Party, and More Coming to Nintendo 64 on NSO.  (Read 2212 times)

Offline Grimace the Minace

• Matt Zawodniak
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
GoldenEye, Mario Party, and More Coming to Nintendo 64 on NSO.
« on: September 13, 2022, 06:37:00 AM »

The Smashterpieces Curse extends to Mario Party Monthly, apparently.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/61511/goldeneye-mario-party-and-more-coming-to-nintendo-64-on-nso

The next few N64 games in the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack have been announced, and they include one of the most acclaimed shooters of all time.

The list of games includes:

• Pilotwings 64
  • Mario Party 1
  • Mario Party 2
  • Mario Party 3
  • Pokemon Stadium 1
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • 1080 Snowboarding
  • Excitebike 64
  • GoldenEye 007

The announcement of GoldenEye 007 comes alongside rumors of a remaster for Xbox platforms, but it seems Nintendo Switch players will be limited to a faithful replica of the original N64 release.

Pilotwings and the first two Mario Party games will release by the end of the year, with the remainder launching in 2023.

Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 will not support transferring of Pokemon to the game, though the NSO version of Goldeneye will support online play, unlike an Xbox version announced at the same time.

UPDATE: According to 007.com, the Nintendo Switch Online version of GoldenEye will be the only version of the game to officially support online play, with the version releasing on Xbox GamePass being limited to offline splitscreen play.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Goldeneye, Mario Party, and More Coming to Nintendo 64 on NSO.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 12:25:12 PM »
I'm surprised they're releasing the Pokémon Stadium games onto this, I figured if they ever re-released those they would be separate paid releases so they could add in support for HOME. Trying to beat these games with nothing but rentals is downright brutal, if not outright impossible.

Offline Grimace the Minace

• Matt Zawodniak
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Goldeneye, Mario Party, and More Coming to Nintendo 64 on NSO.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2022, 03:33:19 PM »
I'm surprised they're releasing the Pokémon Stadium games onto this, I figured if they ever re-released those they would be separate paid releases so they could add in support for HOME. Trying to beat these games with nothing but rentals is downright brutal, if not outright impossible.

Honestly, I think most of the game just isn't worth it without being able to import Pokémon, but it's hard to argue with getting to play the mini-games online.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: GoldenEye, Mario Party, and More Coming to Nintendo 64 on NSO.
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 04:35:09 PM »
I have such fond memories of Pokemon Stadium like going into Master Ball Prime Cup Final Round 2 with me using Mewtwo and using Psychic to try and get special drops in stats and then using Thunderbolt or Ice Beam to wittle down the Mews HP and hope for a para from Thunderbolt or freeze from ice beam to stop the Mew from using softboiled.   Just one of many memories.

I am glad to see Excitebike 64 as well as I played that a ton and it has a soccer mode which is the inspiration to Rocket League years later.  The create a track is also extensive.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2022, 12:13:36 AM »
Still waiting for Wave Race 64

Edit: and Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball (SNES)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 12:20:16 AM by Shecky »

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2022, 01:49:00 AM »

Wave Race 64 just came out, didn't it? It was the latest game to be added to the service.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2022, 08:43:22 PM »

Wave Race 64 just came out, didn't it? It was the latest game to be added to the service.

Well I'm surprised, I always thought that title was encumbered by licenses as well.  I had not caught that news about Wave Race, thanks for letting me know!

Sadly, I don't think there's any incentive for them to work hard on the lower tier hard to get SNES titles :(

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2022, 07:44:56 PM »
This means there's hope for Perfect Dark!!!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2022, 09:31:45 PM »
This means there's hope for Perfect Dark!!!
I'd say there's hope for all Rare games sans that Mickey racer!

Offline golfing buffalo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2022, 06:38:03 PM »
I am VERY disappointed Nintendo and Microsoft couldn't have come to a better agreement on Goldeneye.  Whatever the legal reasons.  I don't think either Nintendo or MS made out as good as they should. 

Personally, I wish Nintendo got modern controls as an option as well as improved graphics/framerate.  15 FPS will not make people happy even with nostalgia for very long.  Xbox players deserve better as well.  I understand that the online currently may not work for reasons on Xbox version, but you would think Nintendo and MS could work together for a work around.