NWR Interactive > TalkBack

Metroid Dread Announced, Launching October 8

(1/4) > >>

Shaymin:
Finally, we've moved on from Fusion.http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/57525/metroid-dread-announced-launching-october-8Metroid Prime 4 won't be the first Metroid on Switch.Metroid Dread has been revealed as a side scrolling action game in which Samus uses the traditional wall climbing abilities and melee to fight off aliens and a white robot.It will release on October 8, and will launch along a themed pair of Amiibo with Samus and the robot EMMI.

Adrock:
Ah, yes, this is relevant to my interests.

broodwars:
This was pretty much the only worthwhile announcenent the entire show. Not loving how this gane looks, but OK. I'm in. Given thst they're using the "Dread" name, I wonder if it'll link up with Prime 4, if that game ever comes out

Ian Sane:
I got like two seconds into the actual gameplay when I got a work-related phone call.  Dang it!  We've been waiting for Metroid Dread for over 15 years and the call had to come in then of all times?!

Anyway, I'm thrilled to see this and I like broodwars' suggestion of it linking to Prime 4.  Why not?  The Cube/GBA days of Metroid were probably the golden age for the series at least in terms of games fans actually cared about routinely being released.  Things went astray for a long time but going back to having a 2D series and first person 3D series running concurrently would be a good way to get back on track.

Oh and when the direct said "we're still working on Metroid Prime 4 but this is something else" I was expecting some groan-inducing Federation Force kind of project.  Nope!  Nintendo actually delivered literally the only thing that wouldn't get backlash from fans.

Adrock:

--- Quote from: broodwars on June 15, 2021, 01:31:48 PM ---Not loving how this gane looks, but OK. I'm in.
--- End quote ---
Yep. I would’ve preferred sprites, but I never thought we would get that if Nintendo ever blew the dust off 2D Metroid.

--- Quote from: Ian Sane on June 15, 2021, 02:42:52 PM ---Oh and when the direct said "we're still working on Metroid Prime 4 but this is something else" I was expecting some groan-inducing Federation Force kind of project.  Nope!  Nintendo actually delivered literally the only thing that wouldn't get backlash from fans.
--- End quote ---
I expected Samus Returns HD. While I still think that happens, it would be in Nintendo’s best interest to release it after Metroid Dread so as not to “steal” sales from the new game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version