Author Topic: Episode 158: KIller Cut  (Read 1813 times)

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
Episode 158: KIller Cut
« on: November 23, 2014, 04:05:30 AM »

This week, we discuss the best music from fighting games and answer your listener mail!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/connectivity/39085/episode-158-killer-cut

Hello and welcome to this week's Connectivity! So happy you could take a break from Smashing and Pokémoning to join us. We have two segments for you this week.

Kicking the show off, Zach and Scott talk about the best music from fighting games. Featuring music from Killer Instinct, Street Fighter II, Marvel VS Capcom, Soul Calibur 2, and more, this segment illustrates that there's more to fighting games than frame counts and button combos.

After that, Alex and Addison answer your listener mail. You can tall Smash Bros. fever is in there air, as the boys spend most of the segment talking about Nintendo's brawler and amiibo support.

You can send us more listener mail or your submission for best Smash Bros. music by clicking here. And if you have a moment, please rate and review the show on iTunes. We'll see you next week!

This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 158: KIller Cut
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 01:00:58 PM »
Its sad how the new Killer Instinct has almost no good music, a game in a series known for it's awesome tracks.

Every time I hear Fulgore's new theme, I cry a little inside.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 04:48:29 AM »
You did a podcast about fighting games and didn't invite me? ;_;

Its sad how the new Killer Instinct has almost no good music, a game in a series known for it's awesome tracks.

Every time I hear Fulgore's new theme, I cry a little inside.

You are super wrong, though

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 05:39:39 AM »
Okay, now that I listened to it!

I want to sperg out about a thousand things in TMNT TF, but nah. "Noh" is a type of traditional Japanese play/performance, and TF owns bones. Shoulda picked the Armagon/Ship theme. :D  Maybe I'll talk about TF on the Famicast since I know everything about it. Did you know there were some differences with the Japanese version?

That KI track was from the CD. The game version sounds like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lt0r-2xLPo

"Is Guile a bad guy?"
"and when you're counting frames and stuff like that, that's what Punch Out is."
lmao no

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 05:41:33 AM »
Oh shoot, I can't edit. Here, have some Killer Instinct 3 music!