Author Topic: Upcoming Switch games! What's on your wishlist  (Read 5524 times)

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Upcoming Switch games! What's on your wishlist
« on: January 07, 2023, 12:28:44 PM »
With a new year upon us, there are quite a few Switch games all scheduled to release by summer. Here are some of the more prominent releases that I am aware of. For these games, let us know what you are planning to buy, which games you are most excited about, and which games you want to know more about. Also, if I missed any games on your radar, then give those a shout-out as well.
Upcoming Switch Games for 2023
  • Persona 3 Portable - January 19
  • Persona 4 Golden - January 19
  • Fire Emblem Engage - January 20
  • Wonder Boy Anniversary Collection - January 26
  • SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake - January 31
  • Puzzle Bobble Collection - February 2
  • Theatrhythm Final Bar Line - February 16
  • Tales of Symphonia Remastered - February 17
  • Labyrinth of Zangetsu - February 23
  • Octopath Traveler - February 24
  • Atelier Ryza 3 - February 24
  • Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe - February 24
  • Vampire: The Masquerade - February 28
  • Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse - March 9
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure - March 14
  • Bayonetta Origins - March 17
  • Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection - April 14
  • The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - May 12
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie - July 7
  • Hogwarts Legacy - July 25

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Re: Upcoming Switch games! What's on your wishlist
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2023, 11:32:33 AM »
Well I guess I will get things going here.

I have Persona 4 golden on Vita and plenty of an Atlus backlog to be able to pass on 3 and 4 on Switch.
Fire Emblem Engage I will be picking up the week of release. After replaying Three Houses recently, I am sufficiently hyped. Kirby's Return to Dream Land on Wii is my favorite Kirby but I have still to 100% that game so it feels weird to buy it again. Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse is the one I am most excited about. I see we are getting the download only treatment in NA again, but since the switch is region free - I will be picking up a physical copy when I visit Japan later this year. At this point I trust Platinum with any non-licensed game so I will be getting Bayonetta Origins, just might not get it until the fall. Obviously I buy every Mega Man release. I tried waiting on a price break for the Zero collection and they started to disappear from store shelves. I did get a used copy for about half price, but I think I might just pay full price like I did with the first two collections. With all the delays for Zelda I sort of lost my hype but will be picking that up day one regardless.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2023, 05:37:57 PM »
I tried to do a thread on other user's wishlists once upon a time. No one else ever bothered to post theirs. But this thread did remind me to update the first post in that one in case anyone would still be bothering to check it.

As for the list of games you show in the first post, there are only 4 titles that would be on my varying tiers of wishlist. Fire Emblem: Engage in on my list because, like Pokemon, I keep buying the games but never really playing them.

Tears of the Kingdom aka BotW 2 has been on my wishlist since I created that thread. I'm not sure I've lost hype for the game since I'm not sure I've ever had hype for it to begin with. Seeing the second trailer or so when it looked to be reusing the BotW map made it seem like this game will struggle to feel as fresh as the original with a lot of assets being reused for a quick turnaround. Instead it will now be six years between BotW and TotK which is about how long it took to go from Skyward Sword to BotW. So, maybe that time in development has resulted in something surprising. Curious as to what may be shown as we get close to its release.

The other games sort of on my radar are Octopath Traveller 2 and Atelier Ryza 3 despite having not played either of the first games for those entries.

Right now, I'm more excited for more releases to the N64 app but, for new games, 2023 has only got sparse offerings announced so far that have much appeal to me.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2023, 06:43:23 PM »
Not a lot standing out for me early this year. Zelda's obviously the big name, but I never really got that far into Breath of the Wild, so I'm not really in a hurry to buy the new one right away. I didn't like Fire Emblem: Three Houses, but based on Matt's preview coverage for NWR it's sounding like Engage might be more my speed. Beyond that and maybe Kirby, nothing on that list is really jumping out at me.

One thing not on the list that will probably end up being my most played game of the year is MLB The Show 23. Last year's was a really good port that I sunk a ton of time into, and I'm already itching for baseball season to start.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2023, 05:30:05 PM »
I'm pretty excited for Zelda, but everything else is going to depend on my level of free time. I'm trying not to buy too many new games without some plan to play them. I really liked the MMBN games on GBA and DS, so I might pick that up for nostalgia. (I also saw a video that talked about the older games' online community that was still going.) Bayo Origins looks good to me, but it might be one I wait on. Tales of Symphonia Remastered might be one I wait on as well and maybe pick it up during a sale.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2023, 11:00:04 AM »
Well out of the games on the list.

Fire Emblem Engage
Wonder Boy Anniversary Collection
Octopath Traveler 2
Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe
Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Of course Zelda is the only one I'll be buying at launch for full price since I still have a huge backlog.  Hell, over the holiday season I won a $500 gift card at work and bought about 20 games on the eShop holiday sale using that thing, and I still have about $300 left on it.  I still have over 60 games on my wish list I haven't bought yet.  This is why I don't give a **** what games come out what year since there's so many games to play I'll never run out.

Oh and this list is missing a ton of indie games.  I mean just today Vengeful Guardian Moonrider came out and looks amazing.  I'll probably take a break from Xenoblade 3 to play this since the developer, JoyMasher, previous games, Oniken, Odallus and Blazing Chrome were all great as well.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2023, 01:24:58 PM »
Metroid Prime. In any way, shape, or form.

Just let me play these games on modern hardware, Nintendo. Please.

(Also Tears of the Kingdom so I can write an insane amount of words about it. Maybe some other stuff. No Trinity Trigger? Loop8? Ys X? Those are big on my list. Labyrinth of Zangetsu, as well.)
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2023, 07:40:12 PM »
Tears of the Kingdom is the only game on my wishlist though I’m not planning buying it a launch. I’m still trying to 100% Breath of the Wild in Master Mode including the DLC. I’ll need a break from open-world open-air Zelda. There’s plenty on my backlog. Watch, I’m going to buy it at launch anyway. 🤷â€â™€ï¸

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2023, 11:28:59 AM »
Zelda is the big one for me as well, though I may not have time for it until Summer. Trying to keep expectations in check though. Bayonetta Origins feels rather soon after Bayo 3, and I haven't even gotten that one yet, so it'll stay on the wishlist for a while.

Still hoping we'll see the Outer Wilds port materialize. It was scheduled for last Summer, but sort of vanished since then. Supposedly that game is really quite special, kind of a time loop thing like Majora's Mask, but in space. Maybe it's just too demanding for the hardware, though.

Fatal Frame 4 and Pikmin 4 are both in the maybe category for now. Will certainly wait for reviews on those. Reckon both will be solid, and Pikmin might even be great, but I don't know if I'll actually play them right away. Fatal Frame feels like it should be an October game, rather than releasing the same month as Resident Evil 4 Remake and Koei Tecmo's other game (Wo Long Dynasty).

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2023, 06:17:06 PM »
Thanks for bringing it up since it wasn't on the list of games listed in the OP but Metroid Prime 4 is my current most wanted game and top of my wish list. I've still got hype for it despite going on 4 years without a single image of the game yet.

Pikmin 4 is also a game that I should put on my wishlist. Definitely would be more eager to play that than Octopath Traveler 2 but that's just my preference.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.