Author Topic: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE - 2016 Wii U GOTY by default  (Read 73455 times)

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE - 2016 Wii U GOTY by default
« on: April 01, 2015, 07:24:04 PM »

I couldn't be happier right now. The game still doesn't have an official title, but just look at that gameplay trailer! This is going to be the greatest thing ever.

Wii U saved.

Zelda who?

The Japanese title is apparently "Illusory Revelations #FE" and it's coming out in Japan this holiday season. Soooooooo 2016 NA release?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 07:15:56 PM by Soren »
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem: Confirmed to still exist thread
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 07:41:26 PM »
Most likely a 2016 release, however, I wouldn't be surprised to see it very early in the year- occupying that "Bravely Default" space in February, perhaps. Atlus does a damn fine job of localizing efficiently and the game looks far in development.

While some of those characters look over-designed, I really like the look of this title. Those roaming NPCs that are one color emphasize an aspect of the Wii U that I have enjoyed a whole lot: the abundance of color in a number of its exclusives.

Oh, and it's an RPG for the Wii, which brings our current tally up to... two! Yeah!
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 07:55:28 PM »
Didn't care for this too much until the trailer. Now I'm defintely going to buy now that I seen it. It isn't a disappointment anymore like the Last Guardian.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 08:17:05 PM »
Now I need to play Fire Emblem games. And SMT games.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 09:51:14 PM »
What we saw in the trailer reminded me a LOT of the Persona series, so hopefully the game takes after that instead of the incredibly disappointing (so far) SMT games.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 11:05:14 PM »
What we saw in the trailer reminded me a LOT of the Persona series, so hopefully the game takes after that instead of the incredibly disappointing (so far) SMT games.
It's looking pretty vibrant, I jus hope it doesn't stray away from the mature themes both series have.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 12:38:12 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised if because of the poor Wii U sales they decided to aim more at the Persona audience then SMT since Persona is the more popular series.  Might explain why it's taken so long to finally get some footage since it probably had a big shakeup during development early on.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 02:35:06 PM »
Happy to get anything on a console for FE so hopefully this leads to a full FE game on Wii U.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 12:53:12 AM »
It lives!

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/asej/index.html

The Japanese title for the game is Genei Ibunroku #FE ("sharp F E") which translates to Illusory Revelations #FE, according to Siliconera.

It seems some net circles are disappointed on first impression of the new trailer. Some were expecting a straight cross over title that clearly kept the heavy-hearted motions of the two series. Some didn't want to see another Japanese game infused with the maximum dosage of Japanese anime, manga, and popular culture.

As someone who doesn't have deep, specific attachment to Shin Megami Tensei or Fire Emblem and quite enjoys the light-hearted zaniness that can come from Japan's creators, this new trailer pushes all the right buttons for me.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 03:40:55 AM »
the first persona game when it was localized was called Revelations: Persona, or Megami Ibunroku Persona.

the four character art images at the beginning of the trailer seem to depict modern high school versions of Marth, Caeda, Cain, and Abel. Tiki is prominently featured as well between posters bearing her name and the scene where you straight up see her. she has a different design from the poster (More modernized) and the cutscene where you see her (Standing in front of the altar wearing something closer to a Jpop Idol costume version of her actual FE1 appearance)

likewise, we see our hero with more vibrantly blue hair, a rapier, and a cape with blue on the outside and red on the inside... kinda like Marth. the female protagonist also gets blue-ish hair in her transformed state and rides aorund on some sort of flying hooved quadruped and wields a polearm... much like Caeda, the first Pegasus Knight. we also see Red Dude on a motorcycle, which is... the closest modern day equivalent you'd get ot a cavalier. this is why I believe this is Cain and his counterpart is Abel.

I'm guessing that we're dealing with some sort of modern urban japan setting that at the Dark Hour/TV Land/Whenever the Fire Emblem Hashtag is used on Japanese twitter that people who paralell characters from Fire Emblem become their fantasy hero counterpart, and that we're going to see some sort of glammed out weird tarrot card monster version of Medeus.

Offline NeoStar9X

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2015, 04:58:16 PM »
Enjoyed the trailer but even more please by what it means in the end. Instead of a direct crossover ala Project X Zone where you have actual characters and locations merged together it seems like they very well could be merging the themes and overall elements of both franchises together to create something new that ultimately in the end reflects both series but  is original. I think in the end that might end up being the better choice..

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2015, 05:12:54 PM »
It would also explain why the game took so long. They are building a quality game from the ground up and with the "Nintendo Difference" watching over the shoulder I expect great things.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline NeoStar9X

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2015, 11:12:34 AM »
GameXplain and IGN both have analysis videos up. GameXplain's is as usually very informative. The IGN one is surprisingly decent this time around. Both are over 20 minutes long.

GameXplain - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge4XXLVKS0Y - 26:44 minutes

IGN - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD0j7RueFrc - 23:58 minutes

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 10:01:59 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tHkhJ1LvtkM

Noone else seems to be talking about this so I may as well.
The game looks balls to the walls crazy and was my personal highlight of the event, if also hilariously devoid of all context. It boggles the mind that they felt it nessisary to devote 4:47 to Yoshi, an established franchise which reviewers already have their hands on, whereas Genei Ibun Roku #FE got a tiny 2:18 slot without an explanation of even which genre it belongs to. For what is essentially a new IP they have done a terrible job of communicating what it actually is or why you should be excited for it, would it really have killed them to subtitle the trailer or even given the game a tentative title that is pronounceable by the English tounge?

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 01:05:14 PM »
Live on Treehouse...
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2015, 02:01:30 PM »
The Treehouse Live demo was all the things I expected and wanted. GIR#FE is going to be a mad J-Pop Idol, SMT X FE, JRPG fest.

My only fear now is that it is a bit much for some folks.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2015, 02:13:29 PM »
Hmm ok this is what was shown in no particular order.
- Points out ths genre is a JPOPRPG due to the large influence of music.
- Anna is the shop keeper.
- Voice actors were selected on how well they can act and sing.
- Music, dance choreography and costumes were designed by famous Japanese artists.
- Dungeons and over world were inspired by real life locations, developers had to get up early to take photos when no one was around.
- You may have to revisit dungeons multiple times.
- Dungeons feature puzzles eg giant maid outfits.
- Encounters are not random and can be avoided if you time a first strike.
- Animations are very flashy, could get annoying.
- A main story with side stories for each of the characters.
- You can build relationships with party members.
- Gamepad is your cell phone and allows you to text with party members.
- There are conversation choices that allow you to shape your protagonist. Paragon/renegade.
- Antagonists are the idolosphere(?) and feed on performa, our innate performing aspirations.
- Music will play a part in gameplay and in turn affect the over world.
- Combat system uses the FE weapon triangle and SMT element system.
- Leveling system is taken from FE, even the sound effects are the same.
- Idolosphere suck colour from the world and leave people with feelings of utter despair.
- Something to do with Tsubasa's lost sister.
- Fire Emblem characters are initially hostile but after a certain point join your side.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 02:15:40 PM by TOPHATANT123 »

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2015, 03:20:33 PM »

Still cautiously excited about this... but starting to worry that I'm one of the folks you are talking about...
Seems pretty far down the J-Pop road for my tastes.   :confused;
NNID: ejamer

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2015, 03:48:53 PM »
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/asej/character/index.html

The character page has been updated and it has voice samples!

Still cautiously excited about this... but starting to worry that I'm one of the folks you are talking about...
Seems pretty far down the J-Pop road for my tastes.   :confused;

The songs are being produced by avex trax, a big Pop song factory of Japan. GIR Sharp FE is going full J-Pop.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2015, 04:36:58 PM »
"You'll notice this is a call back to the fire emblem series" he says as two idols fire beams of energy in the shape of love hearts into a demon.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2015, 05:20:55 PM »
I can't wait to watch this segment later. I want this game.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2015, 08:56:27 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRcGHIp8KvY

And the Treehouse Live archive is up.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2015, 10:31:18 PM »
"You'll notice this is a call back to the fire emblem series" he says as two idols fire beams of energy in the shape of love hearts into a demon.
By the way, these two idols were an obvious Callie and Marie homage. Someone at Atlus liked Splatoon.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2015, 11:49:31 PM »
I do not understand anything about this game....I wish it clicked to some degree but I don't...why is she singing....dresses? I hope you guys enjoy it.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2015, 12:19:15 AM »
I do not understand anything about this game....I wish it clicked to some degree but I don't...why is she singing....dresses? I hope you guys enjoy it.

The premise of the game is that the girl, Tsubasa, wants to become an idol like Kiria (KOH WAH SHI TAI!). Tsubasa is being helped by Itsuki (blue hair pretty boy) and Toma (red hair pretty boy). AT THE SAME TIME, dangerous beings are sucking the life out of people in modern day Tokyo. Tsubasa and co. are Mirage Masters and call on their Mirages (i.e. Fire Emblem character spirits) to battle back the darkness. Also, the dungeons are derived from Tokyo locations and cultures, such as the fashion-centric Shibuya. Also, the random battles take place on concert stages and you can literally defeat evil with a pop song. Lastly, the first big bad bears a resemblance to Tsubasa's missing sister.

It makes sense!
I swear it makes sense!