Author Topic: Prediction: MGS: TS port for Wii  (Read 5840 times)

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE:Prediction: MGS: TS port for Wii
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2007, 11:09:56 AM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother
After today's SSBB update, I'm convinced.

The fact that they hired David Hayter to do all this dialogue, as well as the voice cast who did the colonel and Mei Ling, says to me that they're planning on a Wii port of Twin Snakes.

As Capcom demonstrated, ports can do quite well if done properly, with the RE4 Wii port having sold 750k copies and this is the 4th system it's been on.

So yeah, the fact that they're using the characters from Twin Snakes (and the same voices) says to me that this will be used to advertise TS for the Wii.

Except... There's nothing to benefit from by having Twin Snakes on Wii. With RE4 we got updated (and excellent) controls. But with MGS, I can't even imagine how they would incorporate waggle into it.

And you do realize that the Colonel, Otacon, and Mei Ling weren't just in Twin Snakes, they were in like, every MGS ever, right?
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE: Prediction: MGS: TS port for Wii
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2007, 11:13:40 AM »
Maybe we'll get a Metal Gear Action game, ala Soul Calibur Legends?
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2007, 11:19:20 AM »

Originally posted by: vudu

After today's SSBB update, I'm convinced.
I'm still waiting for some of your other predictions to come true.  
Goddammit vudu. As soon as I saw the thread title and who made it, I was going to post a reply reminding S_B about his iTunes and RE predictions. Then I realised that you would probably have had the same thoughts as me, so I scrolled down a bit. And sure enough, there was your post.

You think too much like me. Bastard.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2007, 02:07:16 PM »

Originally posted by: Svevan

Because Konami and Nintendo can work together, no prob. What I meant was that there's no love between these three regarding Twin Snakes. It's an embarrassment, and SK's involvement (and eventual departure from Nintendo) can do nothing but sour the project in Konami's mind. No one reveres the Twin Snakes version of the game - it's a black sheep anomaly. Why repeat a mistake?

Was Twin Snakes really that ill received?

I never played the original PSone version of MGS so I can't compare it but I thought TS was a great game. The graphics were slightly inferior to MGS 3 and there were some broken moments, but the game was really fun and like S_B said the story was great because of its humor and sincerity.

Maybe the game was broken for those that played the original one to death but for those that missed it the first time around TS was really good.

As for S_B's gut feeling its more than just the voice acting that gives him that feeling. If I am not mistaken what he means is that Nintendo is going all out with Snake, considering he is just a guest character. Like I said in one of the other threads this is 100 times more than what he got on World Fighters. What S_B believes is that Nintendo wouldn't go all out with Snake in Brawl unless they were getting something out of it, like a MGS game on the Wii or DS.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Svevan

• Not Afraid of Being Afraid
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
    • Continuity
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2007, 02:56:42 PM »
Twin Snakes isn't a bad game. The cinemas are too long (longer than in the PS version), but overall it's actually improved mostly over the original. The reason it's a black sheep is sales. It sold terribly, and no one likes to think about how big of a deal it was supposed to be, or how much money it cost.
Evan T. Burchfield, aka Svevan
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2007, 03:04:25 PM »
I think it just missed its audience, and it didn't have the appeal of Snake being in SSBB behind it.

But I'm not at the point where I'm throwing down money on this as a guarantee and I won't argue it to death because I don't think anyone enjoys that.

We'll wait and see. I do hope something comes of this, though, like a MGS spinoff, but Kojima has expressed how absolutely sick of MGS he is, hence why I doubt a whole new game.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2007, 03:07:23 PM »

I think it just missed its audience, and it didn't have the appeal of Snake being in SSBB behind it.

But I'm not at the point where I'm throwing down money on this as a guarantee and I won't argue it to death because I don't think anyone enjoys that.

We'll wait and see. I do hope something comes of this, though, like a MGS spinoff, but Kojima has expressed how absolutely sick of MGS he is, hence why I doubt a whole new game.

Knowing Konami, they may whore it out to some independent developer, throw a small budget at them and have them create a game for Wii.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2007, 08:01:34 AM »
they should remake 2 and 3 and release them as a set called ultimate edition, heck throw in a gamecube version on a dvd of ts
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post