Author Topic: Wii U Experiences Large Sales Increase in Japan  (Read 7727 times)

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U Experiences Large Sales Increase in Japan
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2013, 03:51:11 PM »
Nintendo might get an even bigger and prolonged sales for the Wii U in Japan if they redesigned the Gamepad to resemble a handheld console rather than a tablet. They could package it with a Wii U version of Pokemon, Dragon Quest, and Monster Hunter. If it was made to be about the size of a slightly bigger Vita then it might push Wii U sales.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2013, 04:10:17 PM »
Yeah, I'm still holding out hope that 3rd parties will come around on the Wii too since it's the #1 selling system of the previous generation. Keep that candle lit, they will find their way home eventually.

Offline JTurner82

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2013, 04:45:18 PM »
Yeah, I'm still holding out hope that 3rd parties will come around on the Wii too since it's the #1 selling system of the previous generation. Keep that candle lit, they will find their way home eventually.

You mean WiiU.  It is very hard to keep the candle lit with all that has happened this year and with the constant people telling one to give up hope, but to be honest, giving up is far easier and ultimately less rewarding than having faith.  Also WiiU is not the only next gen system to have had a bad first year or so.  Once upon a time, DS, 3DS, and even PS3 were all in the same boat in Japan.  Nowadays people act like those bad first years never happened.  All three were supported by 3rd parties.  There's no reason to assume the same won't happen for WiiU.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2013, 05:04:01 PM »

You mean WiiU.

I am applauding you for entirely missing BnM's point there. It made me LOL.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline JTurner82

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2013, 05:12:09 PM »
Regardless of what some of you think, I still stand behind what I thought before:  WiiU DOES have a chance to regain its lost momentum in Japan AND attract third parties again.  Even if PS4 does OK there, if WiiU consistently outsells it, then we may see a return of third party development.  Not a whole lot, but still better than the past three consoles.  XBox One will probably die there though, forcing some developers to port their titles to WiiU.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2013, 05:15:29 PM »

You mean WiiU....

No. I meant the Wii.

The Fate of the Wii U is bleak, but it will survive. The Wii thrived despite being ignored by 3rd parties, and could have been the best system ever had it been thought of as a viable platform by the "impartial" 3rd party developers.

So like I said, keep that candle lit for the Wii U, they'll come home eventually.

Offline JTurner82

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2013, 05:30:36 PM »
With the way the system's sales seem to be rising worldwide, the outcome of WiiU may not be as bleak as it you may think it may be after all.  Once upon a time 3DS was in the same position and its fate looked bleak, and now look at it.  WiiU can do the same.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2013, 05:36:30 PM »
[So like I said, keep that candle lit for the Wii U, they'll come home eventually.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2013, 12:23:02 AM »
The Vita is actually starting to get games, so there might be hope the Wii U after all.  ;)
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.