Author Topic: My First Rant: A Gamer/Brony story here.  (Read 13970 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: My First Rant: A Gamer/Brony story here.
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2012, 02:19:44 PM »
As King of the Forums, I am also an active moderator. MegaByte and Crimm also step in and do things from time to time, although not as much recently. Really, every member of the staff has mod powers; most of them just never come in here, at least beyond TalkBack and Podcast Discussion.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2012, 02:33:47 PM »
UncleBob, you're a mod of a forum. You aren't supposed to get anything for it. You aren't the only mod in the world who has to deal with that. If you don't like the workload, you need more mods. You're the only active one, right?

Never said I didn't like the workload - but that I disagree with what your definition of the workload should be.

I don't think that police should go into everyone's homes and stop every vehicle looking for crimes - but that they should investigate every crime that is reported to them.

It's that simple.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2012, 07:22:39 PM »
Unclebob, you need to be motivated more by power and less by money.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2013, 03:46:37 PM »
Wish I saw this thread sooner, Maxi, first I heard of it was during the Mafia game from you and I didn't know you had officially left yet. I shot you a farewell PM. Hope you read it.

Unclebob and Insano do a fine job shepherding the forums. I agree very much with their mod style. Let things happen, only come in when absolutely necessary. It's almost exactly how I would do it if I were in charge.

This is a place where a community discusses matters. Member's opinions are the back bone of what make this a relevant place to visit and interact on. People should feel free to talk about what they want. The first thread I started in nearly a year could be viewed by some as 'negative'. Asking if Nintendo has stopped being creative I knew was a dangerous topic but I wanted to dialogue with people about it. And I am very pleased with how the discussion has gone so far. There hasn't been any flaming, no real disrespect (well, almost none depending on where you stand) and I feel the topic so far has been constructive.

I know this same topic could have been locked as it stood in the past just for existing or turned into a burning pile of flamed troll comments but it hasn't been anything like that. The community here, while imperfect, is quite robust and diverse. This place is still enjoyable to visit.

My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2013, 07:18:18 PM »
If i were to make one of these threads someone would just post a picture of Grumpy Cat with the word good at the bottom.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2018, 01:52:42 PM »
I'm just going to leave this here.

Thanks for the memories Neal.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2018, 04:17:56 PM »
Huh?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2018, 07:03:20 PM »
I'm just going to leave this here.

Thanks for the memories Neal.
I had more issues with the previous director than Neal but at the same time moderation wasn't where I would of liked it to be at that time.  I am more pleased with the moderation since coming back which was one of my main gripes back then.   By the by this was 6 to 10 years ago where I had the problems with the staff but lets move on now, k.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2018, 10:12:45 PM »
but lets move on now, k.

And I know how I can help with that.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.