Author Topic: Official collectors rehab and relapse club  (Read 1256 times)

Official collectors rehab and relapse club
« on: March 27, 2015, 01:28:43 AM »
If you have a problem with collecting, which let's face it we all do, use this as a support group to help each other in our time of need.

I see many of us needlessly collect something. For me it used to be old video games and consoles, Transformers action figures, and films on DVD & Blu Ray. Lately I have gotten off all that but recently I have gotten into "digital" collecting. I have gotten to the point where I will buy a game I already own on an original console for Wii virtual console, then turn around and buy the same game on Wii U when it gets discounted, then download the PC version and if it is available on PSN I will buy it there too. It's not just multiple copies of games, which is not as bad as it sounds I actually only have a few true duplicates, but I find myself buying games just to have them all. At one point I thought I would try downloading every game on Wii virtual console, until I sat down and added up what it would cost to do so.

I keep telling myself I have games I will never play enough is enough and every paycheck I find myself right there on the digital stores, mostly Wii U and PS3, buying yet another game I either already own, have had and never played, or will play once and forget about. This wasn't so bad when I could buy physical games because you could always trade stuff and keep the collection fresh. Well that isn't possible with digital games.

I thought for sure the cure for buying too many games would be to own a Wii U but no they had to go and make it backwards compatible with Wii Virtual Console.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Re: Official collectors rehab and relapse club
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 12:29:01 AM »
I collect cringeworthy memories from my childhood.  While I've found a place for most of them, sometimes I see one lying around, pick it up, and remember something that makes me shudder at how awkward I was as a kid.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Official collectors rehab and relapse club
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 12:31:20 PM »
I don't collect anything.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.