Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Sells Over a Million Copies in Japan  (Read 2297 times)

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Sells Over a Million Copies in Japan
« on: September 16, 2014, 08:56:48 AM »

The series' first handheld entry is already a smashing success.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/38525/super-smash-bros-for-3ds-sells-over-a-million-copies-in-japan

Nintendo has announced first-week sales for the Japanese release of Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS have surpassed 1 million units. The game officially hit store shelves on Saturday, September 13, meaning this sales milestone was reached in roughly four days of availability. These figures take into account both retail and digital purchases.

The 3DS version of Smash Bros. now takes its place alongside Pokémon X & Y, Monster Hunter 4 and Yokai Watch 2 as the only Japanese game releases to boast week one sales of over a million copies.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS comes to American and European audiences on October 3, with an Australian release on October 4. In the meantime, those starving for Smash tidbits can check out our Smash Diary for ongoing musings on the Japanese version of the game.

Offline DanteZX

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Sells Over a Million Copies in Japan
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 08:14:47 PM »
SUCK ON THAT ONE DESTINY FANS!

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 10:18:59 PM »
Can't say I'm surprised in the least. Now, if this happens in North America Nintendo has my permission to dance a jig.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 08:50:21 AM »
Haha, me and Danny literally just predicted a million sales on the latest Famicast. Holy moley that was fast!
Hopefully y'all listened to the show already :-)
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.