Author Topic: Anime  (Read 119651 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Anime
« Reply #150 on: August 24, 2008, 11:46:11 PM »
Wow the second episode drives Bill's point home.You know the one with the traders.  It is really thought provoking.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 27, 2008, 04:59:42 AM »
Yay, Zombie Loan is finally getting more episodes and it looks like they're actually going to resolve the major plot thread now (it was completely left dangling after getting sidetracked with a minor villain in the first "season").

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 11, 2008, 01:53:49 PM »
bump.

While I'm not a huge anime fan, i enjoy alot of it.

My 3 personal favorites:
Yu Yu Hakusho
rurouni kenshin
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
Who wants heroine brownies?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #153 on: September 11, 2008, 02:19:55 PM »
Right now I am watching Boys Be.I like it alot.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 11, 2008, 03:07:08 PM »
Yu yu hakusho grew on my while kenshin was awesome from the start.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 11, 2008, 03:17:32 PM »
Yu yu hakusho grew on my while kenshin was awesome from the start.

same here, actually.  Yu Yu Hakusho was one of the fastest paced animes I've ever seen.  The series went by so quickly when I rewatched it all (they recently released all the seasons on DVD).
Who wants heroine brownies?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 12, 2008, 01:04:00 PM »
BTW, ZL didn't get a resolution, just two extra eps that look like a set up for a second season but I doubt it'll get one.

Also Votoms Pailsen files has finished its 12 episode run. The end was kinda meh and predictable but the rest was just awesome.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 16, 2008, 01:58:41 PM »
So I've watched 3 episodes of Elfen Lied and I don't know if I like it.

The action is the ****, but everything else is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. I'm watching the dub version (mistake), but that doesn't mean it would be any faster....

Should I keep watching or just give up?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #158 on: September 16, 2008, 02:31:13 PM »
I finished watching KimiKISS last week (26 eps OF BLUSHING MELODRAMA).

Watching Rosario+Vampire this week.

MOAR HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #159 on: September 25, 2008, 12:24:17 AM »
Stogi I typically give it 5 episodes before deciding if I want to watch anymore of the anime.I haven't watched that anime yet.My house recently got a new computer so I can watch more anime. I will check that one out for you.Sorry for the late reply.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-09-24/tales-of-symphonia-anime-sequel-project-green-lit
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 02:02:28 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 25, 2008, 12:49:38 AM »
Just got One Piece season 1 second voyage, and man... AWESOME! One of the greatest adventure stories ever! Just check it out some time guys.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #161 on: September 26, 2008, 09:27:00 PM »
just watched the Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations OVAs (meant to do so for a long while...)

the three of them are great, and finally things get interesting in the anime (in the manga they did a pretty long time ago :P)... one thing that got my attention was that Sakura Kinomoto from CCS makes a cameo, especially because she hasn't appeared in the manga thus far (although she has been mentioned indirectly)
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #162 on: October 05, 2008, 09:00:02 PM »
GUNDAM 00 2ND SEASON HAS STARTED

bolded and colored for teh awesomeness

also, the ep kicked ass

JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 06, 2008, 11:01:41 AM »
Screw Gundam 00, Kyou no Go no Ni is getting a TV series!

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #164 on: October 06, 2008, 11:45:03 AM »
Screw Gundam 00

you have no soul ¬¬
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #165 on: October 06, 2008, 12:12:42 PM »
lol giant robots

CAN'T COMPETE WITH HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #166 on: October 06, 2008, 01:06:55 PM »
Anime is dumb guys. It's all about BMX now. Get a bike and get rad!
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 06, 2008, 04:10:58 PM »
lol giant robots

CAN'T COMPETE WITH HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS

This...Watching Toradora, Kannagi, and Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka for now...I'm sure the list will grow in the next week or so...

« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 04:12:49 PM by Bill Aurion »
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 07, 2008, 08:59:12 AM »
You need more Kyou no Go no Ni, Bill.

Gundam 00 is too much emo, nothing short of a Bright rampage (a single slap is not enough here) can save that part of the show. It has nice fight sequences but let's hope it's not going to get as stupid as Geass R2 in terms of Deus Ex Machina spam...

Casshern Sins is viewtiful :P

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 07, 2008, 10:00:55 AM »
You need more Kyou no Go no Ni, Bill.

Just found out it's by the Minami-ke mangaka, so I'll probably give it a try... =3

(Forgot to add Clannad After Story up above, and I'm also watching Macademi WAsshoi...I have to cut back...*groan*)
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 07, 2008, 12:33:05 PM »
Well, that makes sense. It does have kinda similar pacing. If you've seen the OVA, I've got one word for you: "collarbone".

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 25, 2008, 05:15:19 PM »
SciFi Channel started showing Gundam 00 last night on Animonday (side rant: they can show the commercials in HD but not the actual shows?).  Two episodes in, and they've already skipped straight to the "We want to abolish all war" part of the non-UC Gundam formula.  That doesn't seem like a good sign, but I have to give them credit for trying something a little different.  So far I get the feeling that this is a lame remake of Gundam Wing with generic mecha designs, kind of like how Gundam Seed started out as a remake of the original Mobile Suit Gundam.  Gundam Seed managed to grab me right from the beginning, though.  Gundam 00's opening was promising, showing some decidedly more western styled mecha with a nice Zaku eye homage, then fell completely to pieces, especially the extraordinarily redundant speech at the episode's end.  Mojo Jojo is more concise.

Of course, I'm not expecting much from the show just based on the names alone, and I mean the names of characters, organizations, mobile suits, and anything else.  Anime characters often have stupid names, especially when they're supposed to be English names, but Gundam 00 is trying to set some kind of record.  Human Reform League?  The Advanced European Union?  How is it advanced?  Because this is the future?  Neither of those are as bad as Celestial Being, though.  It sounds like the worst translation of Angel possible, but I'd wager it was always called that.  A sniper named Lockon?  If he has such good aim, what does locking on have to do with it?  The name does not imply skill of any kind.  Then there's the requisite blond ace's Flag mobile suit.  I'm guessing it's supposed to sound like a patriotic name, but it has about the same impact as naming a giant robot Inscription or Statue.  Less, actually, since those two words at least have connotations of permanence instead of wavering.

It's stuff like this that really makes me miss the Woolsey style of localization.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 26, 2008, 04:10:38 AM »
BTW, Season 2 revealed Tieria can change his gender at will. Apparently Nadleeh translates to transsexual, too.

These guys all have codenames which explains why a kurd is called Setsuna. Well, explains it so a slight degree, there's still no reason why a kurd would call himself that. Then again there's no reason for Graham to suddently call himself "Mr Bushido" in the second season either. Also it seems Lockon's mech is automated so much that any random idiot can get in and start accurately shooting things with it, at least that's what happens in the second season.

If you want really retarded try Saji and Louise, total filler characters. In the second season they become a bit more important to the main plot but it feels forced.

Oh and I like how the Gundams are made of adamantinium or something and can block any weapons with their forearms, apparently painting a crappy Chinese mech pink also makes it nearly impervious to beam weapons too...

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 26, 2008, 07:32:49 AM »
Yeah, that totally sounds like Gundam Wing. I hate Gundam Wing. I guess only every second Gundam series are any good.

I watched Chrono Crusade a little while ago, yeah it's a bit old now, but damn it for making me cry a bit at the end. I was expecting that ending, but still, I feel sad thinking about it.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #174 on: November 26, 2008, 11:48:08 AM »
I don't like the recent censoring trend in Japan where anime panties are being covered up.

FREEDOM TO UPSKIRT