Author Topic: PokeSmack  (Read 4252 times)

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
PokeSmack
« on: May 03, 2007, 02:25:12 PM »
Congrats to Pale... who proved that Pokemon 10 levels higher than another do indeed have their way even if the matchup is poor

AND it can all be done without saying a word.... Just silence.  Silence for the slaughter.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
RE: PokeSmack
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 02:27:55 PM »
I thought everyone was meeting in the chatroom for this pokevent.

That, and Shecky lost again!

Though he hasn't hardly played these games...

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
RE:PokeSmack
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 04:21:09 PM »

Originally posted by: thatguy
Though he hasn't hardly played these games...

That's an understatement  This is my first entry to the series.  I'm catching on though.... it's not as simple as people make it out to be, though.  All these simple things add up to make it pretty complex.  (Like one of the town folks said the mood of the pokemon affects stat growth)

I'm this close to making a spreadsheet though.... to calculate what does what against these multitypes...  I started jotting down notes, but I'm going to need a grid soon enough, I can just sense it.

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 04:26:19 PM »
mood can play a big role indeed.  My Buneary pokemon saved me against you, i think at the time u had 2 extra pokemon left alive than me and thnx to him i came back and won.

Buneary is becoming my new fav pokemon, the more he hates me the better!

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 04:22:41 PM »
Well, I'm 4-1 in the NWR Poke-world.  Take that, Blackfootsteps!!  And Shecky, again, now, too.

Shecky got me in that double battle.  

Most of my fights have been against Shecky, though he bested me in the double, I'm Superior in the singles up to this point.

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 04:28:40 PM »
My first ever battle was conducted today! But alas it was a close fought inevitable loss against thatguy. Very enjoyable though.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 02:03:46 AM »

Originally posted by: thatguy
Well, I'm 4-1 in the NWR Poke-world.  Take that, Blackfootsteps!!  And Shecky, again, now, too.

Shecky got me in that double battle.  

Most of my fights have been against Shecky, though he bested me in the double, I'm Superior in the singles up to this point.

I tend to handle double battles better (and like them better too as it cuts down on the switch outs).  I think I'm too impatient and not quite used to predicting moves in single battles.

I'll also note that your first loss came from a team where the only traded pokemon was the charmander you gave me and a pikachu from the GTS.  So you don't quite get the "This team sponsored by thatguy" yet

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 03:24:57 PM »
NEWSFLASH

IF you spam pm's with "my code is...."  or  "hey I see your online so your going to go onto wifi right... see you there"

THEN your chances of ending up in my friend code list: -0.000%

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 05:13:02 PM »
is that a filter for your sanity checker you were talking about?

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 05:17:58 PM »
2-1 to WuTang.  The total is now 8-4.  Can anyone beat me the majority of the time?  (I'm challenging you, Pale.)

I seem to be able to beat everyone twice, but lose once, so far.  Any regulars up for a fight?

Edit:  Dominated Shecky twice more, but I lost to BFS two times, too.  It's still a winning record, though.  And Pale is still going to lose!

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 04:59:00 PM »
Well I had my first victories and it just goes to show what a lot of luck and a very angry monkey can do. Also an adamant electric lion helps a bit too!
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2007, 04:59:09 PM »
Alright, I've had five more fights, and won each of those.  That takes my record to 13-4.

Shecky lost twice, Caliban lost twice, and some random guy that joined the chat room and thought he could own up with a Dialga lost once to me.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2007, 05:51:43 PM »
My battles with Shecky and thatguy were fun, my defeats were excruciating to my pokemans, I will definitely go online more times even if I get a beating.

Edit: I just noticed that thatguy is in Florida (I'm in Toronto, ON, Canada), the voice chat worked pretty well considering the distance.

Offline xErax

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 01:19:49 AM »
anyone want a real challenge battle me

just pm me and ill be ready wen i answer back
WATs UR POKEMON DIAMOND OR PEARL FREIND CODE
--------------------------------------
name - Ric
code - 0774 0751 6508

Offline DaMaster

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2007, 09:35:18 AM »
hey yall i'll battle anyone also u might want to watch out i'm very good!!!