Author Topic: NAL Follows America's Lead  (Read 1696 times)

Offline Aussie Ben PGC

• BIG BAD BOOT!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
NAL Follows America's Lead
« on: September 25, 2003, 02:40:56 AM »
Nintendo Australia takes note of America's price drop, announcing a GameCube price drop of their own.

UPDATE YOUR GAMING – NINTENDO GAMECUBE NOW $199

Melbourne, Australia, September 25th 2003 – Nintendo Australia delivers consumers a reason to update their gaming. Effective September 26th 2003, consumers have the opportunity to purchase Nintendo GameCube™, the only dedicated games console in the market, for a new price of $199*.  

Only on the Nintendo GameCube can you play games that deliver innovation, heritage and characters that are icons in the gaming industry. And only with Nintendo can you experience connectivity between home console and portable gaming with the Nintendo GameCube, Game Boy Advance™, Game Boy® Player and e-Reader™ brands.

With a strong line-up of first and third party software this new price will deliver consumers the best gaming experience that money can buy.

*Suggested retail price

It's got a duck bill, you moron!

Watch Me Unnecessarily Flaunt My Games

Offline Patch

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:NAL Follows America's Lead
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2003, 04:09:47 AM »
Whilst any price drop is good news, I think it's still too high. At the US to AU Dollar conversion, the price should sit around $169.00.

That said, I guess they need to keep it above the price of the GBA SP ($189.00), so maybe they should scale that back, too.
Ex-Editor at GameBiz!
Ex-Editor of Xbox AU!
Freelance writer for-hire; self-proclaimed sexologist.

"...Do not fold, spindl

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
RE:NAL Follows America's Lead
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2003, 09:16:46 AM »
As expected, Nintendo Europe is last!

It's not a question of will NOE ever get anything right, it's when will they not get it wrong.