Author Topic: E3 2003 Floor Plan Revealed  (Read 2852 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
E3 2003 Floor Plan Revealed
« on: April 30, 2003, 06:28:57 AM »
Guess which company has the biggest booth?

The Electronics Entertainment Expo has released its floorplan for this year's show.  Once again, Nintendo has the largest booth of the show, a title it has held for several years.

Nintendo's booth is always a sight to behold.  There are usually gigantic sculptures of Mario, Link, Pokemon, etc. right in the middle, with game cabinets set up around the perimeter and in clusters throughout whatever room is left.  The rear area is reserved for corporate meeting rooms.

For the past two years, Nintendo has held extremely popular contests in its booth, attracting thousands of showgoers.  Lines can often be seen stretching out from Nintendo's booth into other companies' areas.

THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Davideo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2003, 07:40:15 AM »
Is there any way to see where Infinium labs booth is?  I can't read half of the booths, and I was curious how big theirs was.  I'd really like to see the phantom bomb, but I'm also curious to see how well it gets received.

Offline DevilishDude

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2003, 09:06:40 AM »
if you bring your mouse down to the coner of the picture, there should be an enlarge button that comes up, well, at least on my browser.
:: My name Smeedle
:: Tingle, Tingle... Koolah Limpah! These are the magic words Tingle created himself. Don't steal them!

:: Homestar Runner Quote Of The Week:
:: Ow! My Stomach Lining

Offline OniLink

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2003, 09:31:13 AM »
Sony's booth is virtually the same size as Nintendo's...hopefully the Big N will have the goods to fill their entire booth space.
OniLink  

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2003, 09:50:32 AM »
Hehe... I was chortling pretty good when I saw MS's booth.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2003, 10:03:01 AM »
Sony and Nintendo right next to each other?  Must be fun to weed your way through that crowd.

"Out of way.  Dammit I just want to see SNK's booth."

Offline Joshums

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2003, 10:05:33 AM »
Go Kentia Hall!
Ph33r teh Joshums!!!11

Offline Patch

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2003, 01:18:28 PM »
Man, something always bothers me about Nintendo's floor space - Sure, they take up the largest area, but instead of filling it with ultimately pointless statuettes, cars and enormous Nintendoesque logos, why don't they fill it with more gaming booths instead?

More games on display, or a well-used statue of Pikachu? I know which one I'd prefer.
Ex-Editor at GameBiz!
Ex-Editor of Xbox AU!
Freelance writer for-hire; self-proclaimed sexologist.

"...Do not fold, spindl

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2003, 01:37:01 PM »
Well quite frankly, (at least last year) Nintendo's booth was far more packed with gaming stations than anyone else.  Sony, for instance, had a lot of open space between kiosks.  Other places had cars parked or skate ramps, etc.  
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2003, 04:12:30 PM »
I would have to agree when I went Sony's was the same size but they had less in it. Nintendo usally had the place pack with booths and it not like they just put statues on the ground on a petastal they are usally on top of displays or open gaming stations that are in the middle. They are also one of the few booths that showed POP material that you can get to help sell the items they are pushing.

(PS could on of the Planetgamecube people find it in their time to pick some of that information up, I couldn't go this year because of other engagments I will pay for the mailing them to me via paypal before hand.)
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.