Author Topic: Animal Crossing Turnip Prices  (Read 98975 times)

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Re: Animal Crossing Turnip Prices
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2013, 07:12:26 PM »
Added. Are you going to delete me after we're done, or are we going to be best buds now?
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2013, 07:15:39 PM »
That one's up to you. How often do you play? I wouldn't mind increasing my roster of active players if you've got the space.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2013, 07:17:31 PM »
I play everyday.

Anyway, I need to eat dinner first, but then my gates will be open.
Thanks for your patience!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2013, 07:20:06 PM »
Sounds good mate, I still need to do my daily town routine anyway.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2013, 07:31:59 PM »
Gates are open for whenever you are available.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2013, 08:45:27 PM »
Well, a disconnect is a crummy way to end things, but oh well. Thanks for letting me sell Phil, and it was nice to meet you! You've certainly got a good town going, must have put a lot of effort into it. Perhaps I'll see you around soon!

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2013, 08:47:05 PM »
Yeah. I asked where I knew Weebird from, and then I got an error code. :/
Thanks for visiting! I have my gate open in case it was an accidental disconnect on his part.

EDIT: It's his connection. Not the greatest.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 08:53:44 PM by Phil »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2013, 09:08:40 PM »
Yeah, connection issues can be a real bummer in this game. Did you find out who he is? Just curious.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2013, 02:24:54 PM »
He's from GameFAQs. He gave me some of his riches before he left as thanks.

Offline Dan Laser

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2013, 01:11:19 PM »
TURNIP PRICES ARE 607!!

I'll leave my gate open. I'm at work so I probably wont be able to interact.

[edit] down to 164, which still ain't bad.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 03:22:59 PM by Dan Laser »

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2013, 11:16:37 PM »
I've finally got the interwebz at my home and it is time to take advantage of them in the use of Animal Crossing. I should never have bought this game. It consumes all.

Regardless, I want to ean the Stock Badge and I need to start dablling in the turnup market. Just bought some turnips at 105 each so looking for someone who is buying at a higher rate than that.

I can start adding 3DS codes or giving mine out as needed. But first just want to send the word out there and get people chcking back into this thread. Don't leave me here on my own people just because it took me 3 months later to buy the game!

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2013, 01:17:50 AM »
So, I thought I'd go see a live K.K. Slider concert and maybe head to the island for some bells. Check in the shopping district and see I forgot to do my day's shopping. Reset the clock back a couple hours so the shops are open and head over to see what I missed. Check my pockets when I get there to see what room I have only to discover I spoiled all my turnips. Arghhhhhhhh! I totally forgot about that whole time travel warning. Did my shopping and returned to the correct time and still no good. Curses! Curses! Curses! I only wanted to do some shopping. I wasn't trying to cheat the system. 100,000 bells down the drain. Blast it and tarnation.

Well, keep me in mind for next week. Arrrgh!

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2013, 10:38:21 AM »
Khushrenada, you can place turnips on top of furniture and they will never rot. No matter what.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2013, 02:03:46 PM »
Interesting. Thank you for that tidbit in case I make such a mistake in the future.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2013, 03:26:18 PM »
Khushrenada, you can place turnips on top of furniture and they will never rot. No matter what.
I didn't know that! That's a great tip. Never heard it before.
Did you discover it by trial and error, or is this stated somewhere and i missed it?
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2013, 03:38:44 PM »
I've been using that trick since Wild World. I think it was in the players guide, I don't recall seeing it in the New Leaf guide.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2013, 04:14:06 PM »
Now that I think about it, what is stopping me on Sunday morning from jumping ahead each day of the week to see the turnip prices and then going back to Sunday morning and buying my turnips and waiting it out like normal for a day in the future I saw was good and sell them?

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2013, 04:17:58 PM »
Now that I think about it, what is stopping me on Sunday morning from jumping ahead each day of the week to see the turnip prices and then going back to Sunday morning and buying my turnips and waiting it out like normal for a day in the future I saw was good and sell them?
I would think the pricing is randomized to a certain degree. You should do the experiment and find out. Maybe just jump forwards and back multiple times to check prices and see if they remain consistent each jump. This would prevent the risks associated with buying turnips on a false assumption.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2013, 05:12:04 PM »
It will mean a lot of Resetti visits though. Shouldn't have built that reset center so fast.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2013, 09:11:05 PM »
Alright. So, I jumped ahead through the coming week to see what the turnip prices are. Best that came up was 175 on Wednesday. We'll see if it holds true. I'm a bit worried because after my time jumping, when I went back top the proper time, all the things that had happened in the future still occurred when I went back in time. There was a villager moving out this week and I went through the day with him moving and coming back to my own time, his house was still gone and the move has stayed through.

I guess I'll know tomorrow whether the time jumps are going to mess everything up or not. I know what the sale price is supposed to be and Crazy Redd is supposed to be visiting tomorrow which I found out by this time travel so I should know pretty soon if everything is going to hold up. I hope I haven't messed things up.

On an interesting note, it also meant that all the weeds that accumulated through the week were now in the present. I know someone was complaining about the weed requirement to get a badge and this might be a way to game the system on that.

Smartly or stupidly, I bought $1,000,000 bells worth of turnips so if the price scheme fails, I'm hoping I can still trade in another town and profit. I guess if someone encounters a higher price than 175, let me know as that is the number to beat, I hope.

Let's do this!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2013, 11:59:08 PM »
I guess I'm too late, but, if you time-travel backwards, you trigger the lowest turnip sell prices for the entire week.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2013, 04:08:19 PM »
Welp. I checked in with my town. Turnip prices are 116 right now. When I did my time jump yesterday, they were supposed to be 84 bells. So, that experiment didn't work. Worse, Crazy Redd isn't here so I hope this doesn't mean I have to wait a whole week until I get to buy more artwork. I want art!!!!

Anyways, Mop it up has me semi-worried now. At 116 bells, I can still make a profit although much smaller than hoped. But since it is a profit and a lot higher than the lowest price I saw at 43 bells in my time travel experiment, I don't know if that means I'm still going to get lower sell prices or not. I guess I'll take the chance and hold on to them but here's hoping other people check the turnip prices in case things take a nose dive.

This time travel thing was not a great idea. I've missed Crazy Redd and Katerina. I saw Phineas looking to give me a badge but now when I search for him, he's not around. Maybe he won't appear until Saturday now. I had a villager move out and didn't get to say goodbye thereby giving me a picture of him and the new villager put his house where I wanted to build the Roost Cafe. Lousy game saving things despite me not saving. I don't know why Resetti even bothers to show up. The game still saved everything anyways. No need to give me heck.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2013, 09:03:23 PM »
Now my day's turnip prices have fallen to 76 bells. Uh-oh.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 22, 2013, 11:26:08 AM »
Poor Khush. I think you might be taking a bath on this one. Maybe you can pull a Fannie Mae and get some kind of government bailout  ;D
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 22, 2013, 02:37:16 PM »
Yeahhhhh. I'm still holding out hope. I just checked the early morning turnip price and it is at 73 bells. So downward spiral is continuing. I'm going to hold out for the possability someone checks in on this thread and bails me out before selling these things for 19 bells on Saturday evening. (Which I'm thinking is my most likly outcome at this point but gonna hope for the best.)

On the plus side, Katerina showed up in town this morning so hopefully this means I still get a Crazy Redd appearance later also.