Author Topic: Exhibit: "Playing with Power: Celebrating 30 Years of the NES" - Rochester, NY  (Read 1840 times)

Offline mustbeburt

• Score: 1
    • View Profile

I wanted to give everyone a heads-up about this really cool exhibit at the Strong National Museum of Play in Rochester, NY.  I think a lot of you would love to check this out.  Rochester is about a 5 hour drive Northwest of NYC, or about a 1.5 hour drive East of Niagara Falls.  Anyways, this exhibit has been up for a couple months now and I brought my kids a couple weekends ago (we have a membership to this museum) and it was awesome.  This museum already pays a lot of attention/respect towards gaming, but this specific exhibit is only open through April 24th.

The Strong National Museum of Play is also home to the International Center for the History of Electronic Games and the World Video Game Hall of Fame.  If you miss arcades, this is an awesome place to go.  They have a lot of old arcade cabinets and pinball machines.  And BONUS - you get 5 tokens for a dollar.  Sweet deal.

Come check it out!