Gaming Forums > General Gaming

What are you playing?

<< < (365/370) > >>

M.K.Ultra:

--- Quote from: broodwars on April 10, 2021, 03:47:30 PM ---Sackboy: A Big Adventure (why isn't it just called "Sackboy's Big Adventure?")

--- End quote ---

or "Little Big Planet 4"?

broodwars:

--- Quote from: Mr. Bungle on April 10, 2021, 09:25:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: broodwars on April 10, 2021, 03:47:30 PM ---Sackboy: A Big Adventure (why isn't it just called "Sackboy's Big Adventure?")

--- End quote ---

or "Little Big Planet 4"?

--- End quote ---

No, there's a very good reason why this game doesn't use the LittleBigPlanet name: there is no level creation utility at all. The game is sole-ly based on playing content created by Sumo Digital.

Order.RSS:
So at this point you've played most PS5 exclusives right? Anything you're currently looking forward to on the platform?
If I had one I'd probably be excited most for Returnal, I wish HouseMarque were still a multi-platform developer but they seem pretty firmly in Sony's camp at this point. Not sure what else is out soon though, Ratchet and Clank in June and then DeathLoop in September?

broodwars:

--- Quote from: Discord.RSS on April 11, 2021, 04:50:06 PM ---So at this point you've played most PS5 exclusives right? Anything you're currently looking forward to on the platform?
If I had one I'd probably be excited most for Returnal, I wish HouseMarque were still a multi-platform developer but they seem pretty firmly in Sony's camp at this point. Not sure what else is out soon though, Ratchet and Clank in June and then DeathLoop in September?

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I haven't play Miles yet because I'm really not in the mood for that sort of game, but I suppose that's not really a PS5 "exclusive" anyway.

I am hesitantly looking forward to Returnal. Housemarq is a studio that's never really made games that clicked with me long-term (there tends to be one correct way to play their games, and you don't succeed otherwise), but I liked their short-term gameplay loops. I'm using the last of my credit from my PS4 trade to bring that $70 price tag down to basically free, but I am one of those people that doesn't think Roguelikes should be $70. If you have a game that largely demands on repetition of content and assets like Indie games do, you aren't justifying the full price IMO.

I don't know what to make of Deathloop at this point. I like Arkane, but it's not only another Roguelike, but one you have to play while either another player or an AI griefs you. That's assuming the damn game even gets out the door. Given the timing of this latest delay, I strongly suspect that game failed Sony's Certification process BADLY.

Ratchet is DEFINITELY the next PS5 exclusive I'm eagerly looking forward to. A Crack in Time is one of my Top 10 favorite PS3 games, and god only knows the next time we'll see a fun mascot platformer from Sony, given the edgelord "too big to fail" AAA game direction they're going. If only Sly Cooper was getting the same treatment... *sigh*

It's not a PS5 exclusive, but I'm also really looking forward to Kena & the Bridge of Spirits in August, as well as potentially Scarlet Nexus in June.

unorules:

--- Quote from: Khushrenada on April 05, 2021, 10:30:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: JoshuaLoveGames on March 31, 2021, 05:03:55 AM ---What games do you recommend for a beginer who has never played anything?  :-\

--- End quote ---

I recommend playing all the NES games you can then. With the NES, the videogame industry was still in its infancy so a lot of games are quite simple and controllers didn't have the amount of buttons that they do now. Since the games are simple they are quite easy so you should have a great time playing them, Mr. Spambot. A few good choices to start would be Metroid, Zelda II, and Ninja Gaiden. Happy gaming.

--- End quote ---

Great tip! Thank you very much! I am a beginner as well and appreciate the explanation a lot!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version