Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 755082 times)

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #625 on: January 26, 2013, 02:01:46 PM »
Just a bunch of iOS games for my iPod Touch:
• Words With Friends
• Trivie - A trivia game
• Mutant Mudds (just to see how the digital controls are in comparison to the 3DS game)
Looking forward to your take on Mutant Mudds IOS.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 26, 2013, 02:05:22 PM »
Mutant Mudds on iOS is the exact same game as the 3DS version, only with digital controls. The controls work perfectly, much better than Sonic CD and Sonic 4: Episode 2. The "D-pad" is segmented like on a DualShock controller, making it much easier to slide your thumb to the different directional buttons.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 26, 2013, 04:01:45 PM »
purchased the cave, enoying it for the most part, but the backtracking suks.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 26, 2013, 05:28:55 PM »
I started playing Just Cause 2 which i got from PS Plus last month. The controls are really fiddly in this.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 26, 2013, 08:27:17 PM »
I sold a bunch of stuff and bought eShop cards, which I used to buy Ghost Recon, Pilotwings Resort and Super C on 3DS.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: January 28, 2013, 02:57:56 PM »
Finally, got myself Mortal Kombat (for 360).

It took me half a year, but finally i got it. It was this game and Bayo that i originally bought the system for. Ever since i played it for the first time in a mall after watching Brave with my friend (we were coming after our friend's father's funeral) i knew i HAVE to get this game and if i have to get a new system for it so be it.

And finally my library is complete. Yesterday a guy who knows i own x360 called me and asked if i want to hack it, cause he has all the equipment. I said no, cause i'm good with my five or so games.

So the game...

First i tried to buy from UK shop but it turned into a massive headache. I made an order in august (Vanquish and MK), and they kept delaying and delaying shipping week after week, until they just canceled the Vanquish (apparently they never had it, it was just on the site to boost sales or something) and sent me just MK.

It went to black hole or something cause i never got it. Cue few weeks of arguing with their incredibly shitty support and they have sent me another copy.

I never got that one either. So i just gave up at this point, didn't even ask for refund cause i sure as hell didn't want to go through their support for the third time. It was New Year's eve and i ordered US copy from amazon (no region locks is kinda cool).

Played it all evening. Such a great game. Boobies, fighting, ridiculous plot, fighting, boobies.

I am usually averse to gore but in this game it just makes me laugh, it's just so ridiculous.

Love it, love it.

Trying to press <-- <-- and such on the left stick seems to be impossible though (stick because well you know, lol xbox's dpad).
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 30, 2013, 07:50:11 PM »
Got my copy of Zombi U, looking forward to playing it.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 31, 2013, 02:13:02 AM »
No pic, because I'm lazy... my regular edition of Hyrule Historia showed up from Amazon... and I picked up my Collector's Edition from my FLGS.  Yay!

Found the new Art Academy for $20.  Picked it up.

Found a copy of Yoshi's Cookie (GB) and an indigo GBA for $9.

*almost* bought a fourth Wii... didn't.  Anyone in the market for a Baby Blue Wii?  I really, really need the Blue Tree Rex figure.. :(
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 31, 2013, 09:26:54 AM »
Wasn't Mop It Up asking about that Blue Wii in another topic like a month or so ago? I would have considered taking it off your hands if it was backwards compatible, but alas, it is not.

On an unrelated note, I really want a Wii U Pro Controller in blue. Make it happen, Nintendo.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 09:29:39 AM by Adrock »

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 31, 2013, 12:04:30 PM »
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn (Wii) for $15.  It's my second copy, so not really needed... but this game seems pretty tough to find so I'm hoping to flip it for something nice.  ;)
NNID: ejamer

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 31, 2013, 01:21:33 PM »
I'm just about finished with Fluidity (getting 5 stars and all the puzzle pieces has been a blast) but I'm probably going to need another 3DS game between now and when FE: Awakening comes out in Europe in April. So I thought I'd hit you all up as to which of the following eShop games I should pick up next.
  • Sakura Samurai (as a huge fan of Punch Out!! I've been holding off on this one for one reason or another)
  • Crimson Shroud (I'm worried about picking this up and becoming infuriated with it's opacity)
  • Liberation Maiden (I'm a big fan of Sin & Punishment and Suda 51, but I've heard mixed things about this game)
  • Escapevektor (I didn't check this out on Wiiware, but I think I'm more inclined to buy a portable version of it)

If there's a clear winner amongst those options let me know. I'm kind of stumped.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 05:58:50 PM by Pixelated Pixies »
Gouge away.

Offline terribledeli

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 31, 2013, 03:41:52 PM »
Picked up New Super Mario Bros. U, Sing Party, and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge yesterday.

I'm hoping to hold off anything new LEGO City Undercover comes out. I had pre-ordered Heart of the Swarm Collector's Edition but decided to cancel since I only really wanted it for the Warcraft vanity pet. Hopefully a more loyal Starcraft fan will get it now.
NNID: terribledeli
3DSFC: 0645-5771-9850

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: January 31, 2013, 03:48:01 PM »
I'm just about finished with Fluidity (getting 5 stars and all the puzzle pieces has been a blast) but I'm probably going to need another 3DS game between now and when FE: Awakening comes out in Europe in April. So I thought I'd hit you all up as to which of the following eShop games I should pick up next.
  • Sakura Samurai (as a huge fan of Punch Out!! I've been holding off on this one for one reason or another)
  • Crimson Shroud (I'm worried about picking this up and becoming infurirated with it's opacity)
  • Liberation Maiden (I'm a big fan of Sin & Punishment and Suda 51, but I've heard mixed things about this game)
  • Escapevektor (I didn't check this out on Wiiware, but I think I'm more inclined to buy a portable version of it)

If there's a clear winner amongst those options let me know. I'm kind of stumped.
We've covered 2 of those games on NFR recently.  If you like table top gaming and fantasy novels then you should enjoy at some level Crimson Shroud.  Escape Vektor is a concept that is done before and the writing can be clever but, all the levels are ... good on the edge of great but never make that push so they don't feel really good either because you can easily see the great.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 31, 2013, 11:01:04 PM »
Just picked up the second edition of Pandemic as well as Small World with a gift card I had.

Pandemic is the same great game as it has always been. It's just a little nicer looking now. I can't wait for the second edition of "On the Brink" to come out, as well as the all-new "In the Lab" expansion.

Small World hasn't really grabbed me yet. It doesn't seem to involve very many meaningful decisions. It plays a lot like Risk, but without all of the neat plastic figures. I'll withhold final judgement until I have a few more play-throughs under my belt.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: February 01, 2013, 06:22:15 PM »
Antichamber. I find it insufficiently mind bending.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: February 01, 2013, 06:36:36 PM »
Maybe you guys could begin to post where you found these deals at? I'd especially like to know where to find a deal like this one:

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn (Wii) for $15.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 01, 2013, 09:43:50 PM »
Maybe you guys could begin to post where you found these deals at? I'd especially like to know where to find a deal like this one:

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn (Wii) for $15.

(Old stock at a slightly out-of-the-way movie rental place that never got sold, and wasn't marked with the right price.)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: February 03, 2013, 12:01:42 AM »
Okay, so I did it... Wii #4 in Blue - with Gnarly Tree Rex...

I'm sick.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: February 03, 2013, 05:53:48 AM »
Today I bought three indie PC games.

First was a game called Dawnstar, which is a space combat game with loot mechanics, aka the greatest game ever. The only reason I'm not still playing it right now is I can't get my joystick properly configured and don't want to keep playing with mouse aim, but once I get that worked out I can see myself sinking so much time into this.

Second was a game called Xenonauts. In my desperate quest to play any turn based strategy game not called Fire Emblem I was lamenting the fact that the recent X-Com reboot hadn't (yet) come to Mac, so a few Google searches later I found this indie homage to the original. It's pulling a Minecraft in that it's still technically in Alpha, with the Beta starting any day now, so I haven't started yet waiting for that to happen.

Finally there was a little game called No Time To Explain, a platformer with a laser gun that can also be used as a jetpack that I've really enjoyed my short time with. Simple, inventive, very challenging 2D platforming. I'd love to see it on the eShop, and since it's coming to XBLA/PSN it might actually have a chance.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #644 on: February 04, 2013, 11:38:14 AM »
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2 (DS) - Finding a new, sealed copy at EB Games for $20 was too tempting. My reasoning was that it'll be easy to recoup my cost if I'm not a fan of the game, and it'll probably be tough to find before long anyway.  Has anyone played it?  Will I miss out, not having played the original Devil Survivor?

Also picked up SafeCracker (Wii) for $8. Not thrilled with this one since it's disc only... but online prices are insane and I think my wife might enjoy the game.  She really like Malgrave Incident and the Layton series (although she cares less about story from those games than the puzzles).

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: February 04, 2013, 01:01:33 PM »
Picked up the most recent Indie Royal bundle of games (the evolved bundle) and got 5 games out of it for $8 including
Unmechanical
The Path
Krater
Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory
OIO

Don't really know what any of these games are about but for $8 I'm willing to find out.  Also got soundtracks, steam keys for all but OIO and Dasura keys if I ever feel like creating an account there.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: February 04, 2013, 01:05:41 PM »

I'm sick.
I nearly decided to buy a three pack of Skylanders Giants because my son decided to just throw them into the cart at Sam's Club.  The problem is we haven't ever bought the game or the original one either. :)

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: February 04, 2013, 02:50:36 PM »
Picked up the most recent Indie Royal bundle of games (the evolved bundle) and got 5 games out of it for $8 including
Unmechanical
The Path
Krater
Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory
OIO

Don't really know what any of these games are about but for $8 I'm willing to find out.  Also got soundtracks, steam keys for all but OIO and Dasura keys if I ever feel like creating an account there.

The only one I'm familiar with is unmechanical. It's kind of a physics based puzzle game. I thought it looked neat when it was first released, but I haven't checked it out for myself yet.
Gouge away.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: February 04, 2013, 05:28:46 PM »

I'm sick.
Ha ha, is this why you were asking around about a blue Wii? Well hey, you've got to match your number of GameCubes!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: February 04, 2013, 07:46:08 PM »
Well, I'm four short then. :D