Gaming Forums > General Gaming

What is your most recent gaming purchase?

<< < (479/482) > >>

BeautifulShy:
I picked up Astral Chain the other day and I am enjoying it.   It feels like a 1 player co-op game with the mechanics of the Legion and your character working in tandem together.     I only have the Sword Legion so far but I have seen some gameplay of the other Legions and each provides a different style of play and when used in conjunction with each other it should be fun.  Also the art style is beautiful.

Order.RSS:

--- Quote from: BeautifulShy on October 13, 2020, 06:04:31 PM ---I picked up Astral Chain the other day and I am enjoying it.   It feels like a 1 player co-op game with the mechanics of the Legion and your character working in tandem together.     I only have the Sword Legion so far but I have seen some gameplay of the other Legions and each provides a different style of play and when used in conjunction with each other it should be fun.  Also the art style is beautiful.

--- End quote ---

Nice! Have you played in handheld mode/on a Lite Switch by any chance? I want to get this game still, provided it's doable in portable mode.

BeautifulShy:

--- Quote from: Discord.RSS on October 13, 2020, 07:17:28 PM ---
--- Quote from: BeautifulShy on October 13, 2020, 06:04:31 PM ---I picked up Astral Chain the other day and I am enjoying it.   It feels like a 1 player co-op game with the mechanics of the Legion and your character working in tandem together.     I only have the Sword Legion so far but I have seen some gameplay of the other Legions and each provides a different style of play and when used in conjunction with each other it should be fun.  Also the art style is beautiful.

--- End quote ---

Nice! Have you played in handheld mode/on a Lite Switch by any chance? I want to get this game still, provided it's doable in portable mode.

--- End quote ---
I actually have since I have a nice yellow Switch Lite and only that.   You use the left analog stick to move your character and you can bring out your Legion with the tap of the ZL button. Hold ZL and then move the analog stick to send your Legion to a general area by the enemy. Your Legion will attack when by a foe. The ZR button if for your own attack and bringing yourself to your Legion. The R button makes the Legion go away. Good for saving the Legion from a hit or if your Legion has been out too long.    There is a tutorial early on and you can practice the moves and also the combat in the main hub for the game any time you want.

MKBungle:

--- End quote ---

I think Astral Chain is my favorite Platinum game. I do really like Bayonetta 2 but the variety of gameplay in Astral Chain worked for me as I am not super into action games. I totally agree about the art style, one of the best looking games on switch.

Adrock:
A few weeks ago, I snagged Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition for $40. Since I barely played it on Wii, I wanted to barely play it on Switch as well. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

A couple days ago, I folded and bought 4 Resident Evil, Resident Evil 5, and Resident Evil šŸ¦’šŸ¤¤ on PS4. If RE4 on Switch had motion controls, that would have been an easy choice. Alas, it does not. The higher resolution and frame rate on PS4 pushed me to those versions. They were cheaper on PS4 too.

I snagged two Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. I have to pick one up at Best Buy today; the other is getting delivered. One is a gift for a friend. Iā€™m not just hoarding these.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version