Community Forums > General Chat

The Fast Food Thread - Would You Like Posts With That?

<< < (63/64) > >>

BlackNMild2k1:

Who's gonna take one for the team and report back?

Adrock:

--- Quote from: BlackNMild2k1 on May 23, 2022, 08:31:05 PM ---Who's gonna take one for the team and report back?
--- End quote ---
I’m morbidly curious. I have to go into the office tomorrow so I’ll see if this is available at the nearby Arby’s.

There’s no way that’s actual Wagyu. It could still be good though.

BeautifulShy:
Maybe if I have a cheat day in the next month from my half vegetarian diet.   I had one this past month so it can't be this week.

Adrock:
I tried the Arby’s bacon ranch Wagyu steakhouse burger.

I wasn’t sure how close to the pictures the patties were so I got the double to make sure I could adequately critique the quality of the meat. Ultimately, it was way too beefy (pun intended). If you want to give this a go, I recommend sticking with the single patty.

Arby’s Wagyu burger tasted like American Wagyu which I’ve had before. Without double checking, I believe American Wagyu is a crossbreed of Wagyu and Angus. To further drive prices down, I wouldn’t be surprised if Arby’s then diluted it with more non-Wagyu. I’ve never had authentic Japanese Wagyu because it’s hella expensive albeit apparently much higher quality.

Anyway, the burger itself is fine. This may have been the first time I’ve been to Arby’s since 2020. I probably won’t go out of my way to order this again though if someone offered, I wouldn’t turn it down. It’s a perfectly reasonable choice if you’re at an Arby’s. When I was there, I almost ordered something cheaper before reminding myself this was the only reason I was there. My go-to burger joint offers a much better Wagyu burger so if I was ever jonesing for one, I’d go there, not Arby’s.

Let me know if y’all have any questions.

BlackNMild2k1:
I believe it was confirmed to be American Wagyu.

But what's your "Go-To" burger joint that offers Wagyu beef (American or otherwise)?

I seen a couple new and old Burger spots in the areas surrounding where i frequent, that i have yet to try out, so just curious the type of place you refer to as your "go-to" burger spot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version