Author Topic: Evangelion Game???  (Read 6974 times)

Offline RahXephon

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Evangelion Game???
« on: February 17, 2003, 07:31:37 AM »
I have heard news that Bandai is working on an evangelion game, more specifically an Evagelion RPG.  I know nothing on this, does any know anything.
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
Evangelion Game???
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2003, 07:33:13 AM »
Nothing more than its suppose to be for the PS2.

I wouldn't look forward to a title such as this too much. The games based off of anime usally are as bad as games based off of moives.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
Evangelion Game???
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2003, 12:21:03 PM »
i know, it is just so hard to hurt eva, maybe my ignorance will be bliss, but the again....
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline rodtod

• View Profile
Evangelion Game???
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2003, 04:31:42 PM »
there are already many eva games. most, if not all, are for the PSX.

RahXephon, do you know which systems will be getting this game?
will the real rodtod please stand up, please stand up, please stand u-[SMACK!]

Offline DrForester

• View Profile
Evangelion Game???
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2003, 08:25:50 PM »
Here's all the Evangelion games I an think of.

There was the N64 game.

The PSX and Saturn got a game called "Girlfriend Of Steel" a VERY good side story to the Evangelion storyline invovling a young female pilot from a organization making it's own giant robots.

The DC and PS2 already have an Evangelion typing game

The Game Boy Color got an Evangelion majong game.

The PC got a Rei-Sim, where you had to raise Rei,

the PC will be getting a sequel to girlfriend of steel this year (Would not surprise me if the PS2 game is a port of this).

I'm more concerned abotu Konami's upcomming game based off Saikano.  There will be multiple endings, and NOT ONE OF THEM better be a happy ending.  
"I see you've decided to go psycho.....godspeed"

Offline rodtod

• View Profile
Evangelion Game???
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2003, 12:09:25 PM »
whoa, that's more than I thought. and only one for the PSX? my bad.

the thing is, which of these games have been worth playing?

Offline DrForester

• View Profile
Evangelion Game???
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2003, 05:47:22 PM »
the N64 game was alright, not great, but decent (And easy for those who can't read japanese).

as I said before, Girlfriend of Steel was a great side story to the Evangelion TV show.

Here's an outline of the games plot (This is a full description, so it has spoilers to the game).

This is from http://www.geocities.com/tdd_evangelion/girlfriend.html

On the night of a full moon a mysterious bombardment strikes Tokyo-3. However, NERV does not scramble to get the Evangelions out to battle. Is there a new enemy that is different from the Angels? The next morning, a new girl shows up in the class of the three Eva pilots. She is introduced as Mana Kirishima, and she wastes no time in attaching herself to Shinji. When told to sit beside him, she is immediately fascinated by him, and calls him kawaii (cute). Between lessons, she stuck to him as if they were already a couple, even daring to follow him to NERV. Asuka, being jealous,  immediately suspects her of being a spy, attempting to get information about NERV and the Evangelions. She does her best to separate the two at any chance. But Shinji doesn’t see it her way as his heart starts to respond to Mana’s romantic approach….

Laterm Shinji, having no experience with girls, seeks Kaji’s help and advice. The advice he sought? To be true to his feelings, and to not deny his love for Mana, even if he was afraid of it. As time passes, Shinji and Mana decide to try a date on the weekend, whil Asuka desperately tries to find evidence to prove her thesis that Mana was a spy. Asuka spends much time quarreling jealously with a “in-love” Shinji, attempting to break his relationship with Mana.

Meanwhile, a wreck of a robot is found near Mount Fuji, and is brought in to be examined by NERV. The critically wounded pilot, a fourteen year-old boy, turns out to be a friend of Mana’s. When the injured boy disappears without a trace, Mana, Shinji, Asuka, and Rei visit the hospital to investigate. Arrivng at the hospital, they barely escaped an attack by men in black suits and called Misato to help them escape. After the run-in with the men in black, everyone demanded an explanation from Mana, who finally revealed her real identity. Mana and two outer boys were part of a military project to creat robots similar to the Evangelions. Obviously, they are the pilots. However, it seemed that the three disliked the hard training and had jokingly discussed escaping with the robots. Despite the fact that she hated it, Mana had assented to be a spy, assigned to follow Shinji around and get information on the Eva piloting system, whereas the two boys had actually escaped. One of these boys had crashed his robot, and had been retrieved from the hospital by military agents. Mana was suspected be part of the treachery, which was the cause for the attack at the hospital. The whereabouts of the third boy, however, were unknown.

Immediately, Misato wanted to hide Mana at NERV, but Gendo decided to deliver Mana right to the military, ignoring Shinji’s please to save her. More conflicts arise as Kaji blames Misato for not being able to save the girl. Shinji, not wanting to give up (for once in his life! Oh, my good little Shinji-kun’s learning!), manages to find Mana imprisoned in a huge cage on top of a military trailer, with the help of his faithful friends Toji and Kensuke. The military was attempting to lure the third pilot out of hiding by taking mana hostage. Eventually, the third robot made an appearance, attempting to rescue Mana. When the military finally realizes that it’s too weak to stop the robot, they call NERV for help. The plea is recognized and the Evangelions were launched to intercept the robot. Shinji feared he would injure Mana and failed to attack the robot, giving it the opportunity to escape. But when Gendo ordered a retreat because the military was about to drop a N2-bomb on the robot, Shinji frantically chased after Mana and her friend. Thinking quickly, he ejected his entry plug and ran out to meet Mana and Musashi, the pilot of the robot. Mana then tells Shinji that she loves him, but she couldn’t let her friend die. She had decided that she had to go with him, and she was sorry that it had to end. As Shinji disgests this, Asuka snatches Shinji into her entry plug before the bomb impacts, and both survive the explosion inside Unit-02. When the were finally able to leave the entry plug, they discovered nothing was left except a molten robot. There were no sign of Mana or Musashi.

At this point, the player has to choose one of three choices. The outcome for each will be slightly different, but Shinji and Mana’s last time together will end with the words “matte iru yo”. (“I will wait for you”)

here's a picture

http://purlace.net/eva/iron/0iron233.jpg

Offline rodtod

• View Profile
Evangelion Game???
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2003, 02:24:25 PM »
cool, thanks for the info DrForester. it does indeed sound like it has an excellent plot. fits in nicely to the original series.

btw, for those of you who've seen the entire animé series (or at least the last couple of episodes), remember the bit where Shinji imagines how life would've been different had there never been the second impact, no NERV, etc. you know, how Shinji and Asuka are longtime friends, Rei is a new girl at school, and Misato is their teacher? it was simply hilarious, even though the rest of the series was very grim and very subliminal. it was a nice tangent

anyhow, I think that alternate storyline would make a great simulation rpg.  

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Evangelion Game???
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2003, 07:52:36 PM »
\o/
omg that bit was classic "your riding shingi's balony poney" hehehehe sorry to be crude, but was a hilarious part

Offline DrForester

• View Profile
Evangelion Game???
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2003, 08:37:09 PM »
I have a firm belief that somewhere, someone was watching the last episode of Evangelion, and their friend, who has never seen Evangelion, walks in and just sees that scene.....

Then later watches the whole series

Offline AtomPowerd

• View Profile
Evangelion Game???
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2003, 08:28:55 AM »
Hey, another SaiKano fan!

Offline rodtod

• View Profile
Evangelion Game???
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2003, 04:50:18 PM »
lol, PIAC watch your mouth

DrForester, I'm sure anyone who did that would get the socks knocked off of them.