Author Topic: Hyrule Warriors Coming to Japan This Summer  (Read 3727 times)

Hyrule Warriors Coming to Japan This Summer
« on: May 08, 2014, 02:35:52 AM »

The game is expected to come to western territories sometime later this year.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/37371/hyrule-warriors-coming-to-japan-this-summer

Hyrule Warriors is slated to be released in Japan this summer, according to reports based on information from Tecmo Koei’s financial results.

Tecmo Koei is the co-developer of the game and will publish it in Japan, where it is known as Zelda Musou, while Nintendo will handle publishing in western territories. In today’s financial results materials, Nintendo included the game in its release schedule, but gave it only an unspecified 2014 release. The Hyrule Warriors name was also labeled as temporary.

Hyrule Warriors was announced in a December 2013 Nintendo Direct as a Dynasty Warriors-style title in terms of gameplay, but with settings, characters, and other elements taken from Nintendo’s celebrated Zelda franchise. However, little information has been put forth about the game since the initial announcement.

Re: Hyrule Warriors Coming to Japan This Summer
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 10:31:05 PM »
One of the few upcoming games I am genuinely curious about. I hope this turns into a big seller and gets plenty of sequels.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 01:25:23 AM »
No...no, Japan...really...it's OK. You can keep this one, with my blessing. You don't need to bring it outside Japan.  :P:
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 09:42:45 AM »
I'm glad you don't run Nintendo then, brood.

I, for one, am looking forward to bashing the skulls of hordes of Moblins in mindless Dynasty Warriors gameplay.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 02:19:42 PM »
Dynasty Warriors is a series I always felt was a good rental on a weekend....but since there aren't any good places to rent anymore, I'll be forced to wait until it's $20.

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 06:50:13 PM »
I love these kinds of games and always thought Zelda needed more action. I like the idea of them trying new things with Zelda and still releasing a traditional game too.

What I would also love is an Turn based or Real time strategy games set in the Mushroom Kingdom.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 07:20:43 PM »
I freely admit I have a preorder for this game, but I'm willing to gas it if I can get a better deal than $63 after tax. I look forward to pretending every enemy I kill is a customer.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Mythtendo

• My rims never spin, to the contrary, you'll find that they're quite stationary
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2014, 11:55:52 AM »
I've always been mildly interested in the Dynasty Warriors games (never enough to buy one though). Being in the Zelda universe is enough to make me buy it.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2014, 04:57:48 PM »
I don't want to pay $60 for it. But I would pay 30-40. But then, I hate paying $60 for games in general. I only do it for games that don't have a chance of going down any time soon or could become a hot commodity.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2014, 09:36:57 PM »
I honestly think your second scenario is more likely than your first one. It's a Nintendo title so there's a built-in 2-stage buff to price drop resistance, and this seems like a game that would have a small print run to serve the audience that cares.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2014, 09:43:34 PM »
Couple the limited print run with the lower sales of the Wii U in general and this could become a Xenoblade or Prime Trilogy caliber title in terms of rarity.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2014, 10:58:28 PM »
Honestly, a limited print on the Wii U's install base would probably make it rarer than either of those games.  Wouldn't shock me if this became a Club Nintendo + Cash reward.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2014, 05:06:29 PM »
Looking forward to seeing more of this game at E3.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2014, 07:54:10 PM »
me too ;)
Made you look ****.

Offline JasonMaivia

• On the ShyGuy list.
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2014, 07:32:23 AM »
-I hope that they'll have the game running smoothly without major flaws.  Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper had character popping in and fading out constantly.

-I'd love to see Samurai and Dynasty Warriors come to Wii U, along with their other games (One Piece, Gundam, etc.).

-Will it have online and offline multiplayer story modes?

-Please lay off the DLC.  Tecmo Koei brings down the fun once you discover that cool costumes and stages were left out to be sold on the side.  :(  I want a complete game.

-Physical disc, please.  Digital-only games like these suck.  They're STILL selling games on eShop for a LOT of money, when they can easily be found at most retail stores for a fraction of the cost.

-No pre-order bonuses.  Everyone should be able to enjoy the same game.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2014, 02:26:21 PM »
-Physical disc, please.  Digital-only games like these suck.  They're STILL selling games on eShop for a LOT of money, when they can easily be found at most retail stores for a fraction of the cost.

The Zelda name will make this a bigger deal then the previous Warriors games so a physical release is pretty much guaranteed.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai