NWR Interactive > Podcast Discussion

Episode 552: I See You've Been a Bit Better

(1/3) > >>

Crimm:
Good occupation making that go.http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/46082/episode-552-i-see-youve-been-a-bit-betterJon is out for this episode, our last of the year, but we soldier on without him. Greg kicks off New Business with Rive, the shoot-em-up recently released on Switch. Two Tribes' final game was a strongly-reviewed send-off. He also gives an update on Splatoon 2's new mode, Clam Blitz. Collect clams, get footballs, score points? It's a uniquely complicated mode for Splatoon. Guillaume is taking advantage of his time off to dive into a JRPG - Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. The PS2 classic lacks some of the polish of its successors, and it's taking Gui out of the experience. James wraps up New Business with a detailed update on Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Yes, he's still playing it. He's over 130 hours in. Pray for him.After the break, it's time for Listener Mail. This week we tackle a duo of emails. First up, we create some "Collection" titles for Switch. In our second email, we name our 2017 Wii U Game of the Year. You can send us nominees for Nintendo DS Game of the Year via our inbox.

ClexYoshi:
Lament of Innocence in Japan wasn't called "Akumajou Dracula", bur rather just "Castlevania".

there's also the Sharp X68000  game which is just "Akumajou Dracula", just like the NES and N64 game.

Or Castlevania: The Arcade, which in promotional material was just called "Castlevania" or "Akumajou Dracula"

Thankfully, the Pachislot games seem to actually be called Pachislot Akumajou Dracula, Pachislot Akumajou Dracula, and Erotic Violence: Akumajou Dracula.

Enner:
Good show.

Have a happy and safe holidays!

ejamer:
Hmm... Why did And Yet It Moves sell better on Wii than Chasing Aurora did on Wii U?

One has a meaningful single-player mode, one doesn't. One had a large install base, one didn't. One felt like a an art project that was accessible enough for others to appreciate, the other felt like a passion project that didn't easily give away it's true value easily.

Without being too subtle, it's no surprise that one sold much better than the other.

--

WiiWare suggestions for the next retroactive:
* Fluidity - There is a 3DS game with the same branding, but it's a very different (and in my opinion, much less enjoyable) experience. Do this one! It deserves more attention than it got!
* Bonsai Barber - Not really something I recommend, but it's weird and unique and won't live on beyond WiiWare. Not as weird as Let's Catch, but can you really talk about Let's Catch without also discussing Let's Tap - or at least listening to the theme song?

Kobeskillz:
Hey Greg i always wondered.

How did you get so into american football being from the UK?

Just curious. Also is the sport picking up steam over there or is it really difficult to find other fans of the sport?

I'm not a huge football fan i'm a bball fan but just curious. I'm from LA.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version