Author Topic: Hey! DC's got stuff too... (Official Thread for the DCU of Movies and TV)  (Read 269140 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
The Green Lantern is an odd one. If I look back at the individual pieces, there are several nitpickey issues, but no major issues I can put my finger on. Just a bunch of small mistakes that take it off course.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
well here's the original script
http://www.digititles.com/movies/green-lantern-2011/scripts/script-first-draft-june-2008

I haven't read it, but since you like the movie that was made, you can compare with the movie that almost was and see which one you actually preferred.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
http://www.digititles.com/movies/green-lantern-2011/scripts/script-first-draft-june-2008

I haven't read it, but since you like the movie that was made, you can compare with the movie that almost was and see which one you actually preferred.

I don't know if I like it, I just can't point to specific reasons why I dislike it. I'm 3/4 the way through the script and it does seem better overall. The main enemy is Legion instead of Parralax, and characters have more development. It's still a huge chunk of lore to jam into one movie.

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile

Thanks, I'll have to check that later. I still find it bizarre that Parallax was chosen as the main villain. While I think Hector Hammond is a goofy looking villain, I have to give the actor credit for at least giving it his all with the role.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
I thought the set up for future Green Lantern movies laid forth in the first was actually done well, but the studio pulled the plug. Considering how the studio treats the movies, we have to worry. They need to know they are beholden to the fans on a much deeper level than if they are making a regular movie.

The only thing WB has really done right in the last several years is Harry Potter. It's much easier for them to adapt a specific book than it is to adapt a vague idea of a plot from a diversely written 75+ year old super-verse.

If I were WB at this point. I would just hire 10 of DC's best writers and tell them to create a special Graphic Novel series that will be the basis for the future movies. They pretty much have to just regurgitate the existing plot-lines, but do it in a coherent way with real continuity. You create the DC bible, and then you develop it from there.

You can't have some fucking eccentric execs putting their input everywhere. Won't work.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Honestly, if the DCU had any semblance of stability, a couple hardbound collections of the major "events" over years, retold to fit the current continuity would be a great buy/read.  Kinda like how they did the Secret Origins line to redo some of the origin stories post-Crisis.

But I'm worried WB might double-down on studio exec input.  They might see that approach as "what works" based on other films and not drill down to see what works for comic book based movies.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Just saw Suicide Squad.  I overall liked it a lot!  I'm genuinely shocked at the reviews.  The movie had some issues, but damn!  I have some nits to pick and one issue with the film only developing the "star" characters.  I'll type out some more thoughts after processing it a bit more and when the statute of limitations is up on spoilers.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Finally something to get HYPED about!!

Straight from Ben Affleck on facebook
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 09:47:19 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Wonder how many people are going to think Deathstroke is a ripoff of Deadpool...
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
Deathstroke's real name is.... Slade Wilson.

The creater of Deadpool drew a picture of Deadpool and turned to his peer, his peer said "well, he looks awesome, but thats Deathstroke."
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 10:24:53 PM by ThePerm »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Batman: Stroke of Death
or
Batman v Deathstroke

I just really wonder if this is JL related or Batman solo teaser.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
Hmm, I actually think these shots look less than Steller. But i'd wait to see more for true judgment.
I've been excited about the Ben Affleck Batman movie because all his other movies have been good.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
Finally something to get HYPED about!!

Straight from Ben Affleck on facebook

TV Version for Comparison

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
TV version looks cooler. Almost.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
TV version looks cooler. Almost.

Agreed. I sort of dislike power ranger looking characters. They missed a golden opportunity with Green Goblin, although to be fair the movie was still pretty good. As you said, they kinda average out. The TV version looks like a real merc, the movie version looks like a cyborg.

Deathstroke is kinda a character I'm not too familiar with, is he always in a warehouse?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 12:08:36 AM by ThePerm »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
The TV version's look was almost perfect...but they introduced him too early.  He would have been a great villain for a team up and really focus on his skill and abilities.

I do not know if this is JL related or if it is just test footage.  I hope this isn't test footage for a Batman film, because I was hoping they would go into Batman's past and tell an earlier Batman story focusing on Batman's detective skills and stealth and less his fighting ability.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
TV Version looks like a hardened mercenary.
Test Footage looks like a (cyborg) character from Mortal Kombat

that said, they both look pretty badass, which is more a compliment for the TV version considering they had practically no budget with a Big5 Sporting Goods gift card and 2 cans of spraypaint.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
TV Version looks like a hardened mercenary.
Test Footage looks like a (cyborg) character from Mortal Kombat

that said, they both look pretty badass, which is more a compliment for the TV version considering they had practically no budget with a Big5 Sporting Goods gift card and 2 cans of spraypaint.

the other thing about the tv version...it kinda reminds me of my mad max Halloween costume.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
I gotta admit it looks cool
#totallydintcomeheretoadvertisemymafiagame.
Made you look ****.

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
As a Teen Titans fan, I'm always happy to see Deathstroke pop up. Loved him in Arrow, and I wish he'd make a return one of these days. While I'm sure they won't do it for the movie, I hope they show a few moments of his not so evil side, like with his kids.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Please tell me you don't like Teen Titans Go!
Made you look ****.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
I thought I would hate Teen Titans Go...and not every episode is funny, and I do wish they could balance out the formula and have the same comedy and silly style but still tell a story with action occasionally.  But there are some episodes that are brilliantly funny.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
But most of them...
Made you look ****.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
Best part of Teen Titans Go:

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Best part of Teen Titans Go:

Quoted for accuracy.

I'm also pro-TTG! but I'll admit it took a while for me to get over what it's not to enjoy it for what it is.  But yeah, the stories are getting stale.  ("Boys are dumb! Girls are great!" *eye roll emoji*)