Author Topic: Wii GET! ***Official "I GOT WEE" thread***  (Read 18934 times)

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE: Wii GET! ***Official "I WIID MYSELF" thread***
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2006, 02:56:28 PM »
Damn you! I NEED one of those shirts!
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Hocotate

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Wii GET! ***Official "I WIID MYSELF" thread***
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2006, 03:05:11 PM »
Got the Wii and trauma center at target on launch day^^ This just might replace the N64 as my all time favorite console, ever.
Currently Playing: Twilight Princess(Wii), Castlevania: PoR(DS), Mario vs. Donkey Kong2(DS), Wii sports(Wii)
Anticipating: Mario Galaxy(Wii), Blue Dragon(360), Dragon Quest:Swords(Wii), Dragon Quest IX (DS)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2006, 03:17:56 PM »
So my birthday party was Saturday night, so I couldn't lineup all day and I thought I was going to miss the Wii all together.  But after some bad dreams, and waking up early I got lucky and got the last Wii reserve ticket from Circuit City.  I feel lucky and blessed.

Here is what I got:

Wii
4 complete controllers (minus the classic controller of course)
Super Monkey Ball
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Super Mario 64
Solomon's Key
Legend of Zelda

Solomon's Key is fun, but extremely hard.  Super Mario 64 feels classic and beautiful (it is perfect, except I had some camera issues with the Gamecube controllers.  And I don't know why people say the original Zelda hasn't aged well.  It is great fun, and has aged much better than say the original Metroid and other games.

Offline 31 Flavas

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2006, 03:24:15 PM »

Originally posted by: Dirk Temporo
Damn you! I NEED one of those shirts!
The Wii and games I got at Circuit City. The t-shirt I got at GameStop. The first GS, where my friends pre-ordered Wii was, I asked about the t-shirt and they said "The day after Thanksgiving, and you've got to buy 2 DS games." But the other GameStop, where this same said friends copy of Zelda was pre-ordered, were already wearing them! And I said, "I HAVE TO HAVE ONE OF THOSE!", to which they said, buy 2 DS games now. I promptly did and recieved the t-shirt.

So, I guess, it's hit or miss. But, i'd stop by a GameStop (or two) and take in a picture or article print out and confront them.
"Once 6 A.M roles around on Friday it's like a human tsunami and everything will be taken within minutes." -- Luigi Dude

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2006, 05:51:15 PM »
/HAPPY

My bro and I got our Wiis!

We pre-ordered at a distant Toys R Us 1 hour away because it was sleepy and there wasn't much of a line there. Our cousin drove us, she slept over Saturday and we all had trouble waking up Sunday morning because we'd watched movies late into the night. I got up at 8. Poked my brother and cousin a couple of times, waited 'till 10am, and walked the cat. By the time I came back, they were both up. We headed to the local mall to check out Circuit City (no accessories left even though the day before a guy had enticed me by saying they had ltos and didn't expect to sell out) and target (which I didn't have high hopes for, but when I asked the guy he showed me the box beside me, which had their last NUNCHUCK!!! It also had tons of Wiimotes and VC controllers. I got the nunchuck, 3 wiimotes, and a vc controller).

I was SO HAPPY. INSTANT CONTROLLER FIND! YAY! YAY! YAY!

Then my younger bro bought his OWN copy of Zelda TP. We had breakfast/brunch at the McDonald's in the mall.

Then we set out to get our Wiis at the distant Toys R Us. Despite the directions being complicated and the location being far and us inexperienced, we didn't get lost! We got to the Toys R Us, went in, and they had NUNCHUKS! I grabbed 2 more for me and some other lady grabbed the last ones after that. (SCORE! FULL COMPLEMENT OF CONTROLLERS! AT LIKE 12PM THIS WAS!) We got out our thick wad of pre-order tickets and gave it to the cashier, who disappeared behind the backroom for awhile. He returned with 2 WIIs (one for me one for my bro), and 7 games. We'd have to wait longer for Trauma Center and Metal Slug. *shrug* We'd have to come back later. I paid for it all with my life savings.

Then we had an awesome surprise! Our friends, (two brothers) had waited at the same Toys R Us with us for their Wii Pre-order and all of a sudden their family showed up (minus the college-bound older brother)! AWESOME COINCIDENCE! HYPE ALL AROUND! HAPPY FACES! FILIPINO EXTENDED FAMILY GREETINGS! They picked up their wii too (only one) and their 3 games. Unfortunately, there were no controllers of any sort left for them to buy.

Then our cousin who had driven us got UBER NICE and bought us each our birthday presents early: my bro got a Mario controller glove and I got a nice black Zelda one!

Then we all went to our friend's nearby place and played our WIIS!

OH HAPPY DAY!

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2006, 06:14:40 PM »

We'd have to wait longer for Trauma Center and Metal Slug.
Why do you keep forgetting that Metal Slug isn't at launch
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2006, 06:15:38 PM »

Originally posted by: IceCold

We'd have to wait longer for Trauma Center and Metal Slug.
Why do you keep forgetting that Metal Slug isn't at launch

Why do you keep reminding me? /cry

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2006, 11:12:38 PM »

and walked the cat.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2006, 03:41:52 AM »
This is probably boring, but here's what happened to me.

I missed out several times this weekend.  The people I talked to at WalMart said there wasn't going to be a line for Wii.  I decided that, combined with other anecdotal evidence, meant that the hype around these parts wasn't very high.  My friend and I decided to head to WalMart in the evening of the 18th just in case some people did wait in line, particularly after we found out the store was only getting the bare minimum of 20 units.  When we got there, I felt pretty good because there was no sign of a line whatsoever.  Not wanting to be bored for several hours, we left and went to the nearby GameStop.  The big positive of the evening was discovering a good GameStop.  I didn't know such a thing existed.  This store is pretty far out of my way, and there are closer stores, but I think I'm going to head there from now on.  I bought a couple of used PS2 games and chatted a little about the Wii.  That's when I learned that there was a line at WalMart with over 50 people in it, and that WalMart only had 18 units.  Where was this mysterious line?  We still couldn't find it, so we decided to head back to my place to kill some time.  We played Smash Brothers for a while, then headed back to WalMart to find out what the heck was going on.  It turns out that the line had formed early in the morning, and to get rid of the crowd, they handed out tickets.  All the Wiis were in layaway.

Our next option was Target.  I had heard it would have 24 or 26 units.  I didn't want to wait there all night, although it turns out that would have been my best chance to get a Wii.  I only saw three people sitting in chairs outside, so we decided to try to get there early the next morning before Target opened at 8.  We went to my place again, watched the Transformers movie, and played some more Smash Bros.  In the morning, there were easily more than 30 people at Target, so we dropped that idea.  We drove to Sam's.  There were people waiting outside, but the sign on the door said they were already sold out.  We checked things out at Best Buy, knowing that we had no chance of getting a Wii but needing to kill time.  They still had remotes and nunchuks, I noted.

We went to Sonic for breakfast, then decided to go to Target anyway to buy games and get the gift card.  I was pleased to see that they had tons of games left.  I bought Zelda, Red Steel, and Rayman, though it was hard to choose between that and ExciteTruck.  My friend bought Zelda, Super Monkey Ball, and Call of Duty 3 because I had shown some interest in it, which typically affects his buying habits.  I can't say I've never led him astray, but since he buys stuff like Monkey Ball when left entirely on his own, I never feel too guilty.  He also didn't want our purchases to overlap too much since we often borrow games from each other.  I convinced myself to get a classic controller while I was at it because it was too tiny to refuse, and he bought a points card, a classic controller, and a remote.  Target was out of nunchuks, and he had finally become convinced that getting a controller would be difficult.  He still wasn't in a rush because he didn't think either of us was getting a Wii that day.  I wasn't ready to give up just yet.

I had one last hope, in fact, and that was Sears.  I had no idea if they even had any.  All I knew was that there wasn't a single person waiting outside and that it didn't open until 11.  That meant more time to kill, which meant more Smash Bros.  I was despairing just enough that I almost didn't leave in time to get to Sears when it opened, but we walked in right after 11, ran up the escalator, and found the video games.  I walked right up to an associate and asked if they had any Wiis.  There were two other guys standing around, one in white and one in black.  He said, "We only got two and you're the lucky ones."  He didn't point at me.  He pointed at the guy in white and an indeterminate point in space that could very well have applied to the guy in black.  I didn't think I made it, but the way he talked to the guy in black made me wonder if he worked there.  He wasn't wearing a Sears shirt or badge, but he wasn't acting like a customer.  I was confused enough to wait until they brought the Wiis up from the stock room to see what happened.  I looked at the other games.  Sears has terrible prices on games.  A couple walked up and asked about the Wii.  They were turned away.  I was starting to feel very warm, and realized I was blushing.  My friend said that since we weren't getting one, he was going to look at something else while we were there.  Right after he walked away, I turned around to see the sales associate put a Wii on the counter and motion me over.  He looked me right in the eye.  There was nobody else.  Black shirt guy worked there.  Wii freaking GET!

I was so excited I messed up my own signature.  I tried to give him my copy of the receipt.  I dropped the receipt when I tried to put it in the bag.  I turned around and tried my hardest to hide my smile as I looked for my friend.  He didn't see me coming at first.  He later told me that he saw me walking up with a big bag and a bigger smile on my face and couldn't figure out what I could have possibly bought.  He's a dork like that.  We were too excited to remember to buy a nunchuk, so we had to stop at Best Buy on the way out.  They only had three left.  The remotes were all gone already.

I spent the rest of the day in giddy euphoria.  It occurred to me that I had probably bought the last Wii in town.  Sears was quite likely the last store to open for the day that had Wiis to sell.  They only had two.  I bought the second one.  I unbelievably lucked out.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2006, 04:30:34 AM »

Originally posted by: PartyBear
I was so excited I messed up my own signature.  I tried to give him my copy of the receipt.  I dropped the receipt when I tried to put it in the bag.  I turned around and tried my hardest to hide my smile as I looked for my friend.  He didn't see me coming at first.  He later told me that he saw me walking up with a big bag and a bigger smile on my face and couldn't figure out what I could have possibly bought.  He's a dork like that.  We were too excited to remember to buy a nunchuk, so we had to stop at Best Buy on the way out.  They only had three left.  The remotes were all gone already.

I spent the rest of the day in giddy euphoria.  It occurred to me that I had probably bought the last Wii in town.  Sears was quite likely the last store to open for the day that had Wiis to sell.  They only had two.  I bought the second one.  I unbelievably lucked out.

LOL. Awesome.

Also, if I was you and didn't buy a full complement of controllers at best buy while I had the chance... oh god I'd be friggin' DRAMATIC.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2006, 04:34:23 AM »
I didn't post yesterday - too busy playing with my Wii.

But I'm at work now which is the only reason I'm posting now.  :P

I don't know if this is a deal for all EBGames but anyone who preordered got some special deals.  One deal was that for buying another controller or accessory you could get have one free GameCube game, either Geist or Viewtiful Joe 2.  I'm guessing it's because they didn't sell too well.  I picked Geist even though I'd already finished it on a rental 'cause I kind of liked the multiplayer, but I don't know if or when I'll ever replay it.  At least it was another product I registered at MyNintendo, hooray!

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2006, 04:39:37 AM »
Unfortunately, I don't have a strong need for more controllers at this point, but at least it saved me some bucks.

Offline segagamer12

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2006, 05:23:08 AM »
controllers sold out here faster than the systems. Igot a Classic COnroller though but so far just the one that came with it.  
You can call me
THE RAT thank you very much
check out http://www.myspace.com/phatrat1982

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2006, 02:26:26 PM »
I'm a little late but finally joined the party.  After calling up 5 stores and them being sold out (some from the second shipment) I decided to try wal-mart as I happened to drive by and grabbed the last one.  Nintendo is shipping these things out at lightning speed and they just keep getting sucked up.

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2006, 03:19:23 PM »
Finally, got my walmart.com pre-ordered system in today. Wii Tennis is suprisingly fun.

But they still haven't friggin' sent my Zelda or Excite Truck yet! GRRRR!
"wow."

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2006, 06:09:30 AM »
That's what you get for getting GameCube before all the rest of us!  Seriously though, sorry to hear.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2006, 08:31:04 AM »
C'mon Amazon, ship my Wii already!!!! It's been 3 days, sheesh.
*waits impatiently*
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2006, 05:26:38 AM »
Okay, my Wii has finally been shipped yesterday.
Now I just have to wait for my friend in Cali to receive it and send it back to me.
Oh the wait is still killing me...
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2006, 03:36:11 AM »
My Wii shipped from Wal*Mart.com yesterday, but I can't track it right now.  I don't know if I'm getting it today or tuesday.  the email says it will arrive 11/28 but does that mean my Will will reach me that day, or is that just a date when they are expecting more systems?  Oh the confusion.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2006, 06:29:44 AM »
got my wii!!!!! yipii!!!
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2006, 06:54:52 AM »
Did KnowsNothing die trying to rip a Wii from some soccer mom's hands? :*(
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2006, 05:37:08 AM »
My Wii is bricked. Goddamn it.

What do you guys think? Should I hold onto it in hopes that Nintendo will release a fix for it, or should I just call up customer support and have them send me a new one?
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2006, 05:56:30 AM »
Call them. They may send a replacement unit faster than a fix for your problem.
"wow."

Offline CardBoardBox

• Official Forum Blast Processor
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2006, 06:18:07 AM »

Originally posted by: couchmonkey
Did KnowsNothing die trying to rip a Wii from some soccer mom's hands? :*(

Yes =(

Actually, KN is sitting in his room with his Wii remote pointing it at a blank t.v screen.  He went last sunday at lauch and waited in line at Walmart, ending up being number 46, and there only being 45 units.  Yesterday morning we got up at 4a.m, got to Gamestop at 4:30 and waited for opening at 7am.   At around 6:50 the manager came out and told us, "Due to a mishap, we only have 9 WII CONSOLES"  *cry*.  We counted back and we were probably 13th(maybe 15th) in line.  I THINK (KN insists that we would not have) we could have gotten one if these 5 or so kids had not cut the line (friends were saving a spot, wtf?), but even though some old lady was pointing out those that cut in line to the manager, he didnt do anything about it.  So we stayed in line to see the end of that drama, and then went to McDonalds for breakfast.

Offline zakkiel

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2006, 09:09:01 AM »
I likewise tried and failed the 4:00am-Gamestop-Black Friday thing. We were eighth in line. I thought we were set.

They had four.
Defenestration - the only humane method of execution.