Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1588092 times)

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U
« Reply #2650 on: April 12, 2012, 04:52:22 PM »
As much as I'd love any F-Zero to come out anywhere, I don't understand his hesitancy of making it for the 3DS. It seems like the perfect title for it. A huge sense of speed would translate well with a 3D screen, plus you have the extra screen for your map, and so on.

Making a new F-Zero game for the Wii U would allow the developer to take advanatge of the hardware of the Wii U to create a game with graphics and gameplay that would attract a whole lot of hard core gamers to the Wii U. I do not deny that the 3DS would also be a good system for the series, but with the sheer horsepower that the Wii U offers a F-Zero game for the home console would still be much better. Perhaps Nintendo should buy SEGA and have them develop it for the 3DS and Wii U?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: April 12, 2012, 04:57:29 PM »
What gameplay elements can more power bring for a racing game like F-Zero?

I'm certain they will make one this time around though.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: April 12, 2012, 05:10:59 PM »
What gameplay elements can more power bring for a racing game like F-Zero?

I'm certain they will make one this time around though.

The Wii U could get a F-Zero game because that system will not have a racing game such as Mario Kart of its own for atleat two years, so I assume that in Nintendo's eyes a F-Zero for the 3DS might cannabalize sales for Mario Kart 7. Making a top of the line racer for the Wii U that takes advanatge of the hardware early in the system's life would help move both software and hardware.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: April 12, 2012, 05:19:06 PM »
I don't think you read what I asked.

I'm wondering what more can be done after F-Zero GX? Graphics, online, ok what other elements can more power bring?

I'm not saying there is no need or want for it, because I certainly want a new F-Zero and I do believe Nintendo will make one this generation. I'm asking what other gameplay elements will more power bring?

RomanceDawn

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #2654 on: April 12, 2012, 05:22:11 PM »
I'd like to see an F-Zero with heavy physics simulation and gravity effects a la Mario Galaxy.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: April 12, 2012, 05:25:25 PM »
I'd like to see an F-Zero with heavy physics simulation and gravity effects a la Mario Galaxy.

Ok this is an example I can get behind.

Oh yeah Blue Ray for Wii U...
http://www.singulus.de/uploads/media/2012_Singulus_bpk_01.pdf
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 07:59:04 AM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: April 12, 2012, 06:22:06 PM »
F-Zero is a better fit of the Wii U because consoles are better for multiplayer.  F-Zero on the Wii U can do four player split-screen (and online as well of course).  Invite your friends over and everyone has a good time.  Handhelds don't offer that.  Any form of multiplayer on the 3DS, online or off, requires each person to have their own system and own copy of the game.  Any game where local multiplayer is a big part of the appeal is better suited for a console.

They could always bring it to both systems like they do with Mario Kart, but if it has to be one or the other the Wii U is the way to go.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: April 12, 2012, 06:38:19 PM »
More Power in F-Zero can get into better physics.  Larger Races and Tracks.  More things going on.  A better sense of Speed.  Also, the big one for me, support of 3D Displays.  Racing games really shine in 3D.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: April 12, 2012, 07:30:39 PM »
Do not forget that the hypothetical online system for the Wii U would be more robust than the one for the 3DS and would allow multiple vehicules to be on the track at once.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2659 on: April 12, 2012, 10:15:46 PM »
All I really want from an F-Zero game is great tracks, control, and online play.  Anything else is gravy.  I would love to see them enhance and tweak the combat in the game...and I don't mean weapons or such...but great collision detection and good arcade physics for ramming players. 

Though, the last F-Zero game I played was on the Nintendo 64. 

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: April 12, 2012, 10:36:52 PM »
Wii U screen=Captain Falcon's rear view mirror. Aw ya.

Or you could put it on the 3DS with a 2 inch screen, that would be cool too.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: April 12, 2012, 11:00:29 PM »
Street pass enabled track builder for F-Zero.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: April 13, 2012, 12:32:47 AM »
Creator of Colors 3D is interested in doing a Wii U version
http://www.nintendogal.com/2012/04/12/exclusive-interview-colors-3d-creator/
but of course, even if it was a lock, they couldn't announce it yet anyway.... NDA's

Quote from: via NintendoGal
NG: Lastly, does Collecting Smiles plan to develop any other applications or games on a Nintendo platform in the future?

JA: I hope so. I’d very much like to see Colors! on Wii U for example, but nothing has been decided here yet. Also, it seems like the eShop is quickly becoming a great platforms for smaller developers like me, so at some point I hope to develop some of the game prototypes I’ve been working on into full games and publish them there.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: April 13, 2012, 01:14:20 AM »

That's actually a really cool idea. Level Editor + StreetPass is a really great combination that could be a lot of fun in any game.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Adrianwii

• View Profile
    • Miiverse - AndrewIdaho
« Reply #2664 on: April 13, 2012, 01:16:33 AM »
Creator of Colors 3D is interested in doing a Wii U version
http://www.nintendogal.com/2012/04/12/exclusive-interview-colors-3d-creator/
but of course, even if it was a lock, they couldn't announce it yet anyway.... NDA's

Quote from: via NintendoGal
NG: Lastly, does Collecting Smiles plan to develop any other applications or games on a Nintendo platform in the future?

JA: I hope so. I’d very much like to see Colors! on Wii U for example, but nothing has been decided here yet. Also, it seems like the eShop is quickly becoming a great platforms for smaller developers like me, so at some point I hope to develop some of the game prototypes I’ve been working on into full games and publish them there.

That would be great! The tablet would be used to draw pictures. I like the 3DS version.
Nintendo Gamer since 2002
Favorite Games: Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Maker, Splatoon, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario 64, Mario Party 10

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Runner 2 U?
« Reply #2665 on: April 13, 2012, 01:32:45 AM »
Sounds like Runner 2 is more or less confirmed for Wii U

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2012/04/interview_gaijin_games_runner_2
With a pushed release date to October or November and the Wii U releasing around then too, does that mean that you’ll try to finagle your way on there?

AN: (Smiles) I wonder. I wonder if that means that. Let me put it this way: we have a Wii U dev kit, and our game is coming out around the time that system launches, so that would be pretty cool.

What excites you about the Wii U tablet controller?

AN: I have to think of it in terms of Runner2 now — thinking about it broadly would be too much — but if we were to do a Wii U version, what if you could have a pick-up in the game that reveals hidden bonuses and stuff that you can’t see on your screen but have to hold the controller up? You’re still playing but it’s sort of like an X-ray vision.

That's as much as a non confirming confirmation as I need.

I guess them talking about it on twitter also helps cement that belief too...
https://twitter.com/#!/BitTrip
CommanderVideo ‏ @BitTrip
What Wii U features would you like to see on the OFF CHANCE that we bring Runner2 to the platform?

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: April 13, 2012, 09:23:18 AM »
F-Zero with 30 player online plz. God, if that happened it might make me forget about Pikmin 3 altogether.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: April 13, 2012, 02:56:20 PM »

That's actually a really cool idea. Level Editor + StreetPass is a really great combination that could be a lot of fun in any game.

That'd totally be awesome... wasn't F-Zero X's expansion for the 64DD supposed to include a track designer?
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2668 on: April 13, 2012, 03:19:21 PM »

That'd totally be awesome... wasn't F-Zero X's expansion for the 64DD supposed to include a track designer?

Actually, yes it it did include it. So I would love the next one to as well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-Zero_X#Disk_drive_expansion
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: April 13, 2012, 03:45:33 PM »
Developers seem to be straining at there bit to say something about WiiU and there games.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
uMote Cradle / Docking Station
« Reply #2670 on: April 14, 2012, 04:12:33 AM »
Looks like the idea of WiiU having onboard storage was right afterall

Umote has Flash Mem, Magnetometer, IR port & a Mic
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20110190052.pdf

there was also mention of Multi-touch, H.264 and WirelessN

There was another piece to this patent that we had previously overlooked.
It mentioned the uMote Cradle / Docking Station.

Terminal device 7 may be charged by attaching the terminal device 7 to a cradle (not shown) having a charging function.

So not only did Miyamoto mention the cradle/docking station in an interview, but it is in the patent.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 10:39:11 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: April 14, 2012, 04:27:14 AM »
Now if only they'll remake the Wiimote + and make it rechargeable also.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: April 14, 2012, 08:55:10 AM »
Looks like the idea of WiiU having onboard storage was right afterall

Umote has Flash Mem, Magnetometer, IR port & a Mic
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20110190052.pdf

there was also mention of Multi-touch, H.264 and WirelessN

There was another piece to this patent that we had previously overlooked.
It mentioned the uMote cradle / docking station.

Terminal device 7 may be charged by attaching the terminal device 7 to a cradle (not shown) having a charging function.

So not only did Miyamoto mention the cradle/docking station in an interview, but it is in the patent.
Are any of us surprised it has onboard storage?  The Wiimote itself has onboard storage.  It only makes sense that the tablet would let you store your settings and like to take to a friends house.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: April 14, 2012, 09:38:26 AM »
Well of of that was confirmed awhile ago.  The WII U controller is supposed to be able to play a couple of board games like "Go" without the base unit and was shown at E3 last year so yeah onboard flash makes sense :0.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: April 14, 2012, 10:43:37 AM »
Well, the flash mem was from a while ago, and no we were not surprised by it, because of the WiiMote having some as well and it possibly being useful for uMote only games.

But what I was pointing out was the mention of the cradle in that same patent that we had not noticed before.

I updated a few things last night since it seems that other forums are pulling up stories that seemed so familiar, and I know we had seen those stories before, but I couldn't find them in the Rumor List. Now we can, as we had previously discussed all that stuff when it was new (except for the cradle, which I had pointed out that Miyamoto had mentioned in an interview before, but we hadn't heard about it since.)