Author Topic: Circuit City to liquidate assets starting Saturday  (Read 23950 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Circuit City to liquidate assets starting Saturday
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2009, 09:47:34 AM »
Really....

I could use some new component Wii cables.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2009, 08:31:41 PM »
got some component cables for my wii even though i dont have the tv for it lol, and 30% off wii points cards is awesome!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 01:06:47 AM by EasyCure »
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2009, 09:03:38 PM »
You mean component cables.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2009, 01:07:59 AM »
haha thats whayt i meant i was drunk at the time. downd 2 martini before a movie and decided to check out curcuite city before it stareted
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2009, 02:00:39 AM »
haha thats whayt i meant i'm still drunk. downd 2 martini before a movie and decided to check out curcuite city before it stareted

Yep... =)
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2009, 02:31:37 PM »
haha thats whayt i meant i'm still drunk. downd 2 martini before a movie and decided to check out curcuite city before it stareted

Yep... =)

no!... well maybe a little as i had another srink when i got home. i was also sleepy though and i was typing this out on my phone with one eye open!

*yawn*

just woke up too, dont rememer typing that.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2009, 01:00:13 AM »
Yay - I got the RockBand 2 wireless drums for $72 because Circuit City is run by morons!
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2009, 01:03:30 AM »
I went in there to get an optical cable for my 360.  They had some and they were 30% off! Sounded great...

30% off of 75 freaking dollars!  Seriously, and they wonder why they went out of business. I went to Wal-Mart and got one for 15.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2009, 01:24:23 AM »
Pale, you got ripped off. Optical cables are essentially all the same, get one off eBay for $0.99 and return the $15 cable to Wal-Mart. It's a digital signal, so there's no difference, same with HDMI and DVI.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2009, 08:03:13 AM »
Oh I know 15 bucks  was over paying, but for this I wanted to get my freaking 360 hooked up and not have to wait for shipment.  15 bucks was cheap enough to pay for that luxury.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2009, 09:15:35 AM »
I went in there to get an optical cable for my 360.  They had some and they were 30% off! Sounded great...

30% off of 75 freaking dollars!  Seriously, and they wonder why they went out of business. I went to Wal-Mart and got one for 15.

I saw an HDMI cable there, no joke when I tell you this, for 124 FUCKING DOLLARS. I bought the HDMI cable I use with my PS3 for THREE DOLLARS at NewEgg. I say good riddance, glad these fools are out of business.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2009, 09:25:03 AM »
I saw an HDMI cable there, no joke when I tell you this, for 124 ****ING DOLLARS. I bought the HDMI cable I use with my PS3 for THREE DOLLARS at NewEgg. I say good riddance, glad these fools are out of business.

I like to imagine that when they charge you > $100 for an HDMI cable, the cable comes with ownership rights to a small struggling third world nation.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2009, 10:00:50 AM »
any news on further discounts coming soon?

As i mentioned in my last post, I got the component cables for my wii (for future use, right now they're collecting dust) and a wii points card for the 30% off but I haven't gotten much of anything else.

20% off dvd's isn't worth it to me, and some random stuff i'd buy soley because its on sale (like new external speakers for my crappy computer, or a replacement pair for the one i have hooked up to my ghetto mono tv) is still only 10% off and not worth it.

Oh, i was in there the other day and almost picked up a wireless sensor bar just becasue it was advertised as $6, and although I'd probably never use it, might be handy to keep a spare around. Sure would make moving my wii into the family room easier for parties..

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2009, 01:02:24 PM »
Wow I didn't even think about accessories, I wonder if they have any XBL points or memberships, that would be a steal!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2009, 01:08:35 PM »
I looked for both.  They have them for normal price minus 10% when I was there... so you still do better on Amazon.
---------------------

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2009, 01:17:52 PM »
When EGM closed it's doors, when people brought up the fact that EGM's entire business model was fail, everyone was all "oh, boo hoo, what about the people who are losing their jobs?"

When Circuit City is closing, everyone's circling them like vultures, trying to get good deals and saying things like "they deserved to close!"

Wow.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2009, 01:21:33 PM »
Hah very good point....

I think the difference here is that I worked for Circuit City for over a year and hated every person in management with a firey pashion.  I know for a fact they ripped people off regulary with protection plans, lying about what's covered, refusing to fix things that should have been covered, generally price gouging.

Everyone I knew there that didn't participate in these horrible things would be fine getting out of there. =P

So yeah, I guess my personal experiences make it ok (in my mind) for me to be a hypocrite here.

Also, 1up didn't charge people 10 billion percent markups on cables. =P Just sayin'
---------------------

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2009, 01:26:30 PM »
40 1UP people got laid off in totally sucks that they got let go on such a bad time, take it from a guy who is looking for work in general.

This is just sad :/

40 people are out of a job and we're supposed to feel sorry for them, regardless of the fact that these 40 people dictated the flow of the magazine that failed.

Thousands of Circuit City workers are out of a job and it's okay because Circuit City overcharged on cables?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2009, 01:29:11 PM »
Circuit City personally pissed me off so I don't care what happens to them.

There, I dare you to try and argue with my blatant and painful selfishness! There's nowhere for you to go! =P
---------------------

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2009, 01:30:34 PM »
You're just stupid and are an HD gaming whore.  Go play your PS3 and 360 and leave just core gamers alone.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2009, 01:31:09 PM »
Banned.
---------------------

Offline Uncle Bob

• Bob-to-go
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2009, 01:35:52 PM »
Nice try, but you can't ban me, you M$ pimp. Just because I'm not impressed with your attempts to bring the 360 into EVERY SINGLE CONVERSATION, i won't be silenced!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2009, 02:07:38 PM »
Is everyone committing forum suicide?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2009, 02:25:55 PM »
Heh, well I can appreciate Uncle Bob's irony and sarcasm.
---------------------

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2009, 02:33:06 PM »
But not Mario's?  ;)
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!