Author Topic: How long can Kashogi stay sober? 20 days.  (Read 27083 times)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Kashogi's how long can he stay sober thread
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2009, 05:44:56 PM »
That just proves you never REALLY did in the first place... =D
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2009, 05:56:04 PM »
Maybe your right...

Maybe it was what I was associating beer with. Well whatever, I consider myself still "sober" even though I drank one because I didn't get drunk.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2009, 02:25:14 PM »
Whoa whoa whoa....

Let's be clear. This is about alcohol. I never quit smoking. Hell, when I made the promise, it was a choice to either smoke or drink. I love ganja. It has so many uses, all of them great. So it was an easy decision.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2009, 02:52:33 PM »
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2009, 02:55:33 PM »
Let's be clear. This is about alcohol. I never quit smoking. Hell, when I made the promise, it was a choice to either smoke or drink. I love ganja. It has so many uses, all of them great. So it was an easy decision.

That's a stupid decision, honestly...Drinking a little is okay, but smoking even a little is not...Yay for increasing risk of a dozen different cancers!

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2009, 02:58:40 PM »
While yes, smoking is worse for you, GANJA is NOT. I can choose to eat it, forgoing the smoke, or I can smoke out of my Volcano vaporizer which is ISSUED to cancer patients.

So ya...

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2009, 03:03:52 PM »
The efficacy of a vaporizer is questionable...Long-term studies haven't been done yet...

(And wait, you said you never gave up smoking, so meh to you!)

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2009, 03:04:45 PM »
I wonder how long Kashogi can go without posting a thread that's doomed to be locked.  :)

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2009, 03:07:10 PM »
Perhaps Kashogi's not familiar with the definition of sobriety?

Offline Maverick

• Internet newbie :-)
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2009, 03:30:23 PM »
Baby steps, people, baby steps.  Let him get the juice out of his system before we move on to the other stuff.
Come play with my Twitter.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2009, 03:54:05 PM »
Oh quitting smoking isn't hard. Seriously, it's not. I've quit on demand for 6 months and 3 or 2 months at a time quite often. It's tough that first day, but after that, you don't think about it anymore. Hell, I usually quit smoking the day after my birthday in order to get really really high on 4/20.

As much as I love the wacky tabacky, I could easily go a whole year not smoking.

Offline Maverick

• Internet newbie :-)
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2009, 04:30:22 PM »
I wish quitting real smoking was easy.  I usually make it a week before I crack.  I think the longest I went was a month or so.
Come play with my Twitter.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2009, 04:49:02 PM »
I wish quitting real smoking was easy.  I usually make it a week before I smoke crack.  I think the longest I went was a month or so.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2009, 06:03:52 PM »
As much as I love the wacky tabacky, I could easily go a whole year not smoking.

Well how about try quitting forever?  It's for your own damn good...  >=(

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2009, 06:59:03 PM »
I don't know about that. Sure I feel fine when I don't smoke, but when I do smoke I come up with my best ideas; hands down. Hell, the multi-million dollar proposal I wrote a couple years back was a direct result of getting high. We received the grant and now I make $20/hr as an undergrad. Furthermore, the music that I compose and the art that I paint are much better when I'm high. Why? Two reasons.

1. It gives me a different perspective. When I'm sober, I tend to focus on different things then when I'm blazed. Things that I thought were important are dropped into the background and less important things are brought to the forefront.

2. It enhances my natural abilities. I've always been good at taking one idea and combining it with another idea in order to make an even better idea. That's why I want my career to rely on that. When I'm high, I am more "open". Ideas that I once thought were small and insignificant come rushing back to me when analyzing another idea.

I've written 15 proposals thus far all inspired by my muse, my buddy, my ganja.

P.S. I don't smoke dirty ganja. No no no...I only smoke beautiful nuggets. The type that gets you high after a single it. This helps my lungs out!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 07:01:10 PM by Kashogi Y. Stogi »

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2009, 07:35:58 PM »

I don't know about that. Sure I feel fine when I don't smoke, but when I do smoke I come up with my best ideas; hands down. Hell, the multi-million dollar proposal I wrote a couple years back was a direct result of getting high. We received the grant and now I make $20/hr as an undergrad. Furthermore, the music that I compose and the art that I paint are much better when I'm high. Why? Two reasons.

1. It gives me a different perspective. When I'm sober, I tend to focus on different things then when I'm blazed. Things that I thought were important are dropped into the background and less important things are brought to the forefront.

2. It enhances my natural abilities. I've always been good at taking one idea and combining it with another idea in order to make an even better idea. That's why I want my career to rely on that. When I'm high, I am more "open". Ideas that I once thought were small and insignificant come rushing back to me when analyzing another idea.

I've written 15 proposals thus far all inspired by my muse, my buddy, my ganja.

P.S. I don't smoke dirty ganja. No no no...I only smoke beautiful nuggets. The type that gets you high after a single it. This helps my lungs out!

Wanna get high?
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2009, 07:40:51 PM »
Furthermore, the music that I compose and the art that I paint are much better when I'm high.

Impaired perception

http://www.acde.org/common/Marijana.htm

;)
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2009, 07:44:09 PM »
All I can think about is that episode of Family Guy where Peter and Lois get high and compete in a talent contest.  Can anyone find a clip of what they think they sound like vs. what they actually sound like?

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2009, 08:07:52 PM »
I thought I would get this sort of backlash. Let's see here....

First off. People make fun of those who smoke, but realize, we don't care...we're high!

Pap: Yes, yes I do. I'll be getting high shortly! As for your picture; that episode is ridiculous. But on a more serious note, my writings have helped propel me. And yes, I was high when I first thought about them and laid the preliminary work (I suck at writing when I'm high though). Like I said, there's a reason why I get paid $20/hr and weed is definitely part of that reason.

GP: Many people have liked the paintings I've painted and the music I've produced (including some on this forum). Some important people like my music so much that I've been allowed to work in a studio and produce an album (EC gets a free copy). Furthermore, I've been able to sell one of my paintings and one of my drawings for a total of a $150. Sure it's not much, but have you sold any art?

Vudu: That episode is great!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2009, 08:11:34 PM »
Sure it's not much, but have you sold any art?

My stick figures are in high demand.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2009, 08:22:41 PM »
I'm glad for you.

I wonder why it's always so hard to believe people who smoke weed can do great things. Isn't Bob enough proof?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2009, 08:27:00 PM »
First off. People make fun of those who smoke, but realize, we don't care...we're high!

Make fun of?  No, I'm genuinely concerned for your health...I personally don't feel any marginal "enhancement of your natural abilities" is worth ruining your body for, and I don't want you to regret your decisions in the future...

Now I'll just stop now before my selfish, controlling side takes over, but just keep your health in mind, yeah? =)

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2009, 08:36:56 PM »
Oh I will. Why do you think I quit drinking?!

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2009, 08:42:09 PM »
I'm with Stogi on this one.  I'm going to quit drinking in favor of hitting myself on the head with a hammer.  In 20 years my liver will thank me!