Author Topic: I loves me my 360  (Read 37067 times)

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
Re: I loves me my 360
« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2009, 01:31:41 PM »
Sonata I can get on PS3.  I don't really listen to game reviews for Square Enix games as I usually love them regardless.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2009, 01:32:36 PM »
I personally find Tales of Vesperia to be the only really good RPG for the 360 so far (but by really good I mean GREAT)...Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey follow the traditional formula too much (which you may actually like), but the story for Blue Dragon is pretty much non-existent...Eternal Sonata is pretty and has an amazing soundtrack (Motoi Sakuraba <3), but the story is garbage and the gameplay overly-simplistic...Infinite Undiscovery has a lot of great ideas poorly implemented, but it's an okay ARPG if you find it cheap...I haven't played Last Remnant, so I can't give any real insight into it besides friends of mine saying it's a technical mess (load times, texture ripping, etc)...

Tales of Vesperia is definitely worth it though! =D
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2009, 01:37:38 PM »
I think I'll love Blue Dragon... because i really do enjoy toriyama art, and the concept has always intrigued me.

Problem is, I still have DQ8 sitting around not getting played... i should probably just play that instead.

I really can't decide at all.  There's also no way i have the time to play ALL of those RPGs in any reasonable amount of time anyway.

I'm also paranoid I'm just gonna get red ringed before I play enough games anyway.

Man, I can't decide.  No netflix users that want to tell me how awesome that service is and throw me over the top?  I still want to know if they are doing HD movies yet.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2009, 01:38:45 PM »
Get Mass Effect!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2009, 01:42:08 PM »
Problem is, I still have DQ8 sitting around not getting played... i should probably just play that instead.

It's probably best that it just sits on the shelf and rots! (like my copy >=|)

Man, I can't decide.  No netflix users that want to tell me how awesome that service is and throw me over the top?  I still want to know if they are doing HD movies yet.

You should just be focusing on games...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2009, 02:13:22 PM »
I'm also paranoid I'm just gonna get red ringed before I play enough games anyway.

Supposedly they're producing a new hardware revision now that should be less prone to red-ringing (but I think I got mine before they started on that).

I wonder if anyone here even has that netflix stuff.

Oh and a word of warning, if your TV isn't a huge HDTV you may have trouble reading the text in some games since they seem to be designed for PC screens or something with a font size that you'd expect from a word processor. It often blurs due to low contrast colors and one pixel wide lines. Really bad on the eyes. Then again I can't see even twice the screen size make a difference since you'd also be twice as far away on a couch compared to my TV (I use an office chair and sit fairly close to it).

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2009, 02:16:09 PM »
I'm running a 61 inch DLP so I should be good there. I would hope.  I sit about 7 feet from it.
---------------------

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2009, 02:18:08 PM »
Yeah, I guess that way it's somewhat readable if you focus.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2009, 02:55:48 PM »
"Supposedly they're producing a new hardware revision now that should be less prone to red-ringing (but I think I got mine before they started on that"

Newer heatsinks--I guess alot of the issues with red-ring of death was the motherboard was simply overheating causing it to warp.  Think it was July 07 when MS stated shipping these units so anything on stores shelves should be ok. 

I loved Lost Odyssey myself--might actually cried reading some of those memories that you unlock.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2009, 03:15:06 PM »
Dunno, I hard about another revision (65nm?) recently.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2009, 03:21:47 PM »
You need to talk to Ty about the movies. Seems like thats all he does on his 360.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2009, 03:46:24 PM »
Get Mass Effect!

The Netflix thing works really well. There's a lot of stuff available for it but nowhere near everything, I'm still very dependent on the disc aspect for most of the things I watch.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2009, 07:36:48 PM »
My 360 just RRoD'd for the 2nd time. I knew I should have got Fallout on PS3
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2009, 07:39:33 PM »
There is no escape.  Today is a sad day.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline blackfootsteps

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2009, 07:55:27 PM »
There is no escape.  Today is a sad day.

Your concern is appreciated :)
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2009, 08:50:19 PM »
You're welcome to express sadness with others in the Funhaus today.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #116 on: January 20, 2009, 11:12:08 PM »
Well I ordered it.  Probably a stupid decision.
---------------------

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2009, 11:13:39 PM »
Pale that's ridiculous. My mom has a 61" DLP (Samsung, of course), and when I sit about 7 feet away at her house, I literally have to move my head to follow the action on screen. I use a 52" LCD at my house...much more reasonable.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #118 on: January 20, 2009, 11:15:55 PM »
I don't think it's too bad... I like big tvs. =P
---------------------

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2009, 11:20:18 PM »
Blue Dragon is ridiculously cheap now.  It's $12.99 on Amazon right now.

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Dragon-Xbox-360/dp/B000QW9D14/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1232511367&sr=8-1

By the time you beat Blue Dragon, The Last Remant will probably be in the $20 range as well.  It's already down to $39.97.

http://www.amazon.com/Last-Remnant-Xbox-360/dp/B001CMJAP6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1232511405&sr=1-1

Meanwhile, Infinite Undiscovery is a paltry $29.99.

http://www.amazon.com/Infinite-Undiscovery-Xbox-360/dp/B00149NCYW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1232511405&sr=1-4

That's a total of $82.93 (and free shipping) for every Square and Mistwalker RPG on the 360 (I think?), for those playing along at home.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 21, 2009, 05:10:30 AM »
Well, good luck Pale. If you thought the Wii had no games you're in for a surprise.

Meh, console versions cost too much (and wasn't the PS3 version buggier?), get it for the PC.

LR and IU are still at 70€ here. I don't think I'd want them even at 30€ though. Your list is missing Last Odyssey, I'd think it's a bit higher priority than the S-E games with its 10% higher aggregate score.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 21, 2009, 12:27:32 PM »
Well, good luck Pale. If you thought the Wii had no games you're in for a surprise.

Meh, console versions cost too much (and wasn't the PS3 version buggier?), get it for the PC.

LR and IU are still at 70€ here. I don't think I'd want them even at 30€ though. Your list is missing Last Odyssey, I'd think it's a bit higher priority than the S-E games with its 10% higher aggregate score.

I though Blue Dragon was decent I'm not impressed with both Square-Enix games on 360 and I won't be getting Star Ocean 4 since I never was into the series. The two best 360 RPGs are Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 21, 2009, 08:10:19 PM »

Cost too much and play like crap. ;)
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline blackfootsteps

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 21, 2009, 10:11:36 PM »

Yep the PS3 version was/is supposedly buggier which is why I got it for 360, even though my 360 was giving off a death rattle esque sound. I've only got a Mac and apparently Fallout doesn't run on OS X, otherwise i would have got it on the computer.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2009, 12:42:04 AM »

Cost too much and play like crap. ;)
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.