Author Topic: Episode 741: Mario's Poop Joke Sommelier  (Read 1448 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Episode 741: Mario's Poop Joke Sommelier
« on: October 03, 2021, 03:55:59 PM »

"Koopa Poopa" -Jon Lindemann, an adult.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/58579/episode-741-marios-poop-joke-sommelier

We're joined by a very special guest this week: Dr. Jonathan Metts. The former host of RFN is here to talk Actraiser Renaissance, the most inscrutable announcement from last week's Nintendo Direct. It turns out there's a lot more "new" in this package than the visuals, and the trailer did a terrible job advertising any of it. He also gives his take on WarioWare: Get It Together!, and its unique take on the WarioWare microgame concept. James is playing Bonfire Peaks, yet another game worked on by friend of the show Syrenne. It's a puzzle game where you have to climb a mountain while holding crates. There's more to it than that, but I have to make you listen to the show. Guillaume has 100% completed Psychonauts 2, a game that is perfectly in tune with his sense of humor. It features a litany of improvements over its predecessor, fueled by The Power of Money! He also has been reading Super Mario-kun, a Japanese manga about the Mario world where everything is just a setup for a poop joke. Jon closes New Business with Diablo II: Resurrected. It proves to be a very solid and faithful remake, of a very old game, from a company with very real issues.

After the break, we tackle a duo of Listener Mail. Early in the show, there is a promise of questions focused on last week's Direct but we lied. Deal with it. Instead, we talk about which Nintendo character needs to be shot into space and what character should be included as the last Smash DLC in order to beat the pandemic. Yeah, I don't get it either. You can befuddle and bewilder by sending an email.

RetroActive 50: Little King's Story's will be in TWO EPISODES! Post your thoughts here.

THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Cool Uncle Vince

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 741: Mario's Poop Joke Sommelier
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 11:28:57 PM »
The English-language version of the Mario Manga that came out this year is a "Best of" collection of clips throughout the years.

There's a Luigi's Mansion chapter leading me to believe there's probably a full volume adapting Luigi's Mansion in Japan.

One chapter also has a content warning about the death of a parent, but I don't know whose parent dies.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 12:24:59 AM »
Yay, my email got read! All the times I sent in serious, ponderous questions never made it, but the flippant silly one did.

Honest, I was thinking along the lines of, "ha ha what if Marth got put on a orbital rocket?" But then you guys knocked it off the planet thinking up of Chibi-Robo: Passengers and SpaceWings.

Offline Pandareus

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 11:16:44 AM »
The English-language version of the Mario Manga that came out this year is a "Best of" collection of clips throughout the years.

There's a Luigi's Mansion chapter leading me to believe there's probably a full volume adapting Luigi's Mansion in Japan.

One chapter also has a content warning about the death of a parent, but I don't know whose parent dies.

Yeah I mean, it seems to cover everything. Vol. 7 is about Super Mario Land 2, with specific locations like Tree Zone, etc.

In the previous one, one chapter is about DK in Super Mario Kart.

Vol. 4 has a crossover with Zelda.

It's not necessarily all references to the current game either. Vol. 4, published in 1993, has Subcon and Wart.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2021, 11:24:24 AM »
Chibi Robo actually went to space in Zip Lash.