Author Topic: Music  (Read 49007 times)

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Music
« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2017, 03:34:09 PM »
Their sound is definitely something else, which is why I'm so drawn to then. Their take on folksy alt./indie rock is unique in its presentation, which is helped by Isaac Brock's distinctive vocals and his trademark poetic lyricism.

You'd probably like Moon & Antarctica, it's a more restrained and quiet, despairing affair when compared to their previous and current work.

Offline rygar

• NWR's #1 soccer fan!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 27, 2017, 08:06:08 PM »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2017, 08:56:50 AM »
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 28, 2017, 10:33:49 AM »
VV Brown announced her retirement from the music industry this week.

Her last album, Samson & Delilah, was the best career reboot i've ever seen any artist successfully make into a sound that's so far away from anyone else there's no real name for it.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 13, 2018, 01:32:57 AM »
For Silenced, who cares about music so much, here's the latest song to be stuck in my head.

For BnM, who probably won't check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu3FE7BswYI
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline segagamersteph

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 13, 2018, 08:03:38 PM »
Huey Lewis is cancelling all further shows because of hearing loss. Sad day for music lovers, easily one of my favorite bands of all time.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 16, 2018, 12:18:54 PM »
We'll always have Sports
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline segagamersteph

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 12, 2018, 11:57:52 PM »
In my quest to discover the roots of heavy metal and punk rock I finally caved and picked up Led Zepplin. I have a confession. I never listened to any of their songs before. I went to Spotify and confirmed my suspicion they must have had songs I heard but didn't know where them. Shamefully I regret to inform that I have yet to listen to Stairway to Heaven. Every time I try I get distracted.

I was always shielded from this band. KISS, Led Zepplin and Marylin Manson were three bands my parents forbade in their house. I got heavy into Manson and Kiss once I moved out but Zepplin I just never found myself that motivated.

Thoughts on the actual record. Okay, old timey rock n roll is not my thing. I prefer the glam rock or hair metal of the 80's but can enjoy some of the earlier stuff to a certain extent. I am not a big fan of electric guitars to start off with. Not sure what it is.

Anyways it didn't quite satisfy my curiosity so I used Spotify to listen to their first three self titled albums. I skimmed them but I realized, and I know I'll get banned/hated for this, but nope this band did nothing for me. Sorry. I can see how they were an influence on other bands but I felt like they were too bluesy for my taste.

I spent the rest of the day jamming out to Spice Girls (I also picked up Spice World) and that was more like it.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 13, 2018, 12:34:08 AM »
I feel like I've only listened to Stairway to Heaven twice in my life. Part of that might be because, like you, it doesn't engage me. So, I may have heard it in other media or maybe even on the radio before but I find it unmemorable and simple so it doesn't stick in my head nor would I seek out on hearing it again. I just know that I've tried a couple times to listen to it all the way through to make sure I wasn't missing something and it just doesn't stick with me.

As far as Led Zeppelin in general, the only songs I'm somewhat familiar with are Kashmir and Black Dog. Even then, I think it is more from those songs being sampled in other media than from actually listening to them. I find Zeppelin seems to work better when it is just being sampled like that.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline segagamersteph

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 13, 2018, 01:34:13 PM »
Probably. I didn't even know that song in Ragnarock was theirs until my dad walked out of the movie cuz it was that devil music.