Author Topic: Super Princess Peach  (Read 34899 times)

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Super Princess Peach
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2004, 07:57:35 AM »
"Oh, should he have some big buff macho voice? Don't make me laugh..."

Personally I don't think he should talk at all.  I much prefer him as a silent hero like Link or Samus.  I don't know exactly what I would like Mario to talk like but the first time I heard his voice it was the exact opposite of what I was expecting.  It's just a very childish voice like one would hear on Sesame Street or something.  At the time I had never associated Mario or Nintendo with being childish.  Before 1996 Mario was just a cartoony looking character in my mind like most game characters.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2004, 08:01:09 AM »
Well it's not like he talks much anyway...   A random "Let's a-go" and "Wahoo" isn't exactly something to write home about...(I think his voice fits his character quite well, so I have no idea what kind of voice you were expecting...)
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2004, 08:15:30 AM »
You know now that I've had some time to really look at those shots this game looks like it could be really cool.  It's a 2D sidescroller.  As cool as the New Super Mario Bros may turn out to be it uses polygons which to me don't look as good and as a result I was a little disappointed when I first saw it.  But this is all sprites which I love.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Super Princess Peach
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2004, 08:36:44 AM »
The Peach game looks pretty cool, I think.  Can't tell too well with what they have, but it seems Kirby-esque.  Probably not, but still looks interesting.

I'll have to alert my friends Robi and Jams of this development.  Robi will piss himself, he's got a weird obsession with the princess.  Jams uses Peach in Smash Bros. for humor's sake.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2004, 01:13:22 PM »
My Daisy will annihilate their "I've been captured on 4 separate occaisions because I know CRAP about Homeland Security" Peaches.

~~~~~

Before 1996, Super Mario Bros. Super Show Mario was voiced by retired pro-wrestler Capt. Lou Albano (sp?).  That's what I expected him to sound like.  Then Charles Martinet came in 1996, and it's like, ok, that's different, OH WELL, I DON'T CARE ANYMORE.

Same applies for Luigi.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline MaleficentOgre

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2004, 04:04:54 PM »
I like mario's voice.  I like luigi's better.  Wario and Waluigi have the best voices of the entire mario universe (after boo and paratrooper)  If you've seen the intro to mario tennis GC then you know that these characters should talk a lot more than they do.  Mario isn't the same kind of hero as link and samus.  He can talk all he wants, in fact if he talked more I'd be happy.  Peach's voice is bareable, I hope daisy's the bad guy in this game (ignore my co-op comments for now).  That would be a great plot twist.

Offline Lost101

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2004, 12:56:58 AM »
I dont know how you can say Peach's personality has changed.  Oh yeah like she used to be such a deep and thought provoking character back when she used to get kidnapped by bowser and say thank you when you rescued her.  Now shes such a ditz cuz she gets kidnapped by bowser and when you rescue her she just says "thank you".  Daisy is a much more unique character, she says "oh yeah" whenever you pass her in Mario Kart
[/sarcasm]

Anywho, I think y'all over analyze what are meant to be very simple characters.
Animal Crossing Wild World code:

3608  4016  4604

Name: Fausto
Town: Tatooine

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2004, 04:50:18 AM »
If anyone has played Mario & Luigi, you'd see Peach was given a much deeper personality...Meanwhile, Daisy says "Whateveeeeeer" when she loses a point in Mario Power Tennis...Say no to valley girls everyday...

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2004, 11:24:55 AM »
So whenever modern Peach is in 3D polygonal form... her IQ drops and reduces her abililty to form complete thoughts/sentences.  Good Job Nintendo, she can't make up her little mind or she's got confidence issues.

WEAKNESS.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2004, 02:59:25 PM »

You know now that I've had some time to really look at those shots this game looks like it could be really cool. It's a 2D sidescroller. As cool as the New Super Mario Bros may turn out to be it uses polygons which to me don't look as good and as a result I was a little disappointed when I first saw it. But this is all sprites which I love.

Big ditto on that one. I'm dying for the new Mario Bros. game, but I really wish it were more spritey, hehe.  
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline MattVDB

• In need of an alter-ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2004, 04:40:20 PM »
This game is really good news for the Mario series.  Because of this game, the opportunity for an actual plot presents itself *not that I care, but I've heard the complaints*.

Get this, with Peach now being capable of actually completing a goal (anybody know the plot to this game yet?) she won't simply be the "poor defenseless princess in distress."  That has the opportunity to run very dry.

I don't know if they will actually use this to develop plots of other games in the series, but it does allow them to now if they so choose.  This is good news.  Besides, how can you not like a new/different mario platformer?  How many of you knew how Mario World 2 was going to turn out before you played it?  When given the opportunity, they can surprise us.  I'm stoked.

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2004, 05:59:35 PM »
Should've had the guts to make a new game. Peach doesn't need her own series, common. If you want to make a new platformer, MAKE ONE. Peach is a side character, leave her that way.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2004, 06:10:16 PM »
Does it make a difference?  Would it change the gameplay?  I doubt it, so I would rather have a character I know I will like...

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2004, 06:40:29 PM »
Gameplay is NOT everything. Is it the centre of a game? Yes. But presentation is equally important. The sellability of this would be higher if it was original.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2004, 06:57:07 PM »
Claiming presentation is equal to gameplay in terms of importance is something I only hear from the most casual of gamers...And you are completely wrong about that last statement...Games with known mascots sell much more due to consumer recognition...

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2004, 07:17:36 PM »

Originally posted by: Artimus
Gameplay is NOT everything. Is it the centre of a game? Yes. But presentation is equally important. The sellability of this would be higher if it was original.

Activision Anthology for GBA has a horrid presentation.  But I like it because of the games.  The games are fun. The presentation of The Matrix was great, but in most people's opinions the gameplay sucked.  Many copies that were sold got traded back in to gameshops.  Gameplay has a higher influence on a game than presentation does.  We know hardly anything on the game as it is, so you can't say anything about the gameplay other than what we know:  uses umbrella for attack, a platformer, and that she is trying to rescue Mario.
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2004, 07:24:26 PM »
I never said gameplay didn't matter. I said you need presentation too.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2004, 07:25:58 PM »
You said it was equally important, which it's not.

Offline Berto2K

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2004, 07:36:26 PM »

Originally posted by: Artimus
I never said gameplay didn't matter. I said you need presentation too.

I play the Atari games because they are fun.  There is close to nil presentation value in it.  Presentation has no bearing on how a gameplays, and after you start a game, are in the middle of it playing, presentation holds nothing.  What keeps you going back to a game is what goes on while playing, the gameplay.

Offline chain chomp

• Voted BEST by Pietriots
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2004, 01:14:50 AM »
i love that umbrella i love peach I LOVE THIS GAME

SO MUCH I PREORDERD IT
wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2004, 02:22:58 AM »

Originally posted by: Berto2K

Activision Anthology for GBA has a horrid presentation.

No way, it had the whole 80's style room and everything!

Offline Berto2K

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2004, 08:43:22 AM »

Originally posted by: Infernal Monkey

Originally posted by: Berto2K

Activision Anthology for GBA has a horrid presentation.

No way, it had the whole 80's style room and everything!

Thats true, but it duznt compaer to teh grfax uv tuday!!!!111one11

Offline SuperMario35

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2004, 09:31:02 AM »
I cant believe their making another 2D game for the DS can someone please tell me why they didnt make this game for GBA? The DS is about 3D and to tell you the truth ive barely seen any. Sure this new peach game looks good but it should of been released for the GBA or SNES. What would be good is a 3D peach game. Anybody agree?

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2004, 10:33:21 AM »

The DS is about 3D

No it is not.

What would be good is a 3D peach game. Anybody agree?

No, I do not agree.
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2004, 11:49:53 AM »
Nor do I.  They're making 2D and 3D games, and in about equal abundance, so that's awesome.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>