Author Topic: X-Men Legends 2 Announced  (Read 2378 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
X-Men Legends 2 Announced
« on: October 21, 2004, 08:51:34 AM »
Activision confirms development on a sequel to its successful mutant RPG.

ACTIVISION’S RAVEN SOFTWARE IN DEVELOPMENT  ON X-MEN LEGENDS SEQUEL

Santa Monica, CA – October 21, 2004 – Based on strong consumer response to its action role playing game X-Men Legends, Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) announced today that the company is developing a sequel based on the ever-popular Marvel (NYSE: MVL) franchise with Raven Software.  The original game challenges players to master the attributes of their favorite X-Men by creating, customizing and controlling teams of four mutants as they embark on a quest to stop the extinction of mankind.  The title is currently available worldwide for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Xbox® video game system from Microsoft and Nintendo GameCube™.

“For 40 years Marvel’s X-Men have captivated consumers worldwide and today the brand is stronger than ever,” said Ron Doornink, CEO of Activision Publishing.      â€śX-Men Legends is already on track to be the best selling game in the franchise’s history.”     “We are thrilled with the critical and consumer response to X-Men Legends.   Marvel and Activision are committed to ensuring that the X-Men Legends series will continue to be a top notch game franchise for years to come,” said Ames Kirshen, director of video game development at Marvel.

THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:X-Men Legends 2 Announced
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2004, 12:58:29 PM »
Yeesh, that was quick.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2004, 04:33:50 PM »
Well, planning ahead always works for me. Let's hope that it works for Activision.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2004, 06:37:28 PM »
eck, i was disgusted by this game, Hopefully now that they have more time to make it right for the 2nd one maybe they will do it right.

Mainly i didn't like the game due to graphics, camera, and level design, although, graphics almost never look good on any Activision games, and well to be honest most games "cameras" don't work all that well.

Anyone else feel this game was a letdown?  I mean i got it for free on xbox, and still thought i deserved my money back!  I ended up ebaying it and got $38 for it.  But seriously this game looked to have a whole lot of promise to it but the game was kinda bland.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
RE: X-Men Legends 2 Announced
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2004, 09:22:57 PM »

i was disgusted by this game,

I haven't even seen the second game yet. I just got finished with the first one.  ;-)

Seriously, it sounds like you probably didn't get that far into it.  I enjoyed it, and my review should be up in the next day or two.  But yeah, I'm totally ripping on the graphics.  I think they're killing the game for a lot of people that would like it otherwise.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Koopa Troopa

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: X-Men Legends 2 Announced
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2004, 11:58:05 AM »
My only complaint is that Gambit sucked. Jean Grey and Nightcrawler ruled, though, so I forgave.
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2004, 12:40:04 AM »
I should have liked this game, I mean i Loved Zelda four swords, Xmen (arcade), gauntlet, but to me the game just didn't hook me in, and your right bloodworth i didnt get that far, i kinda gave up on it because i didn't like it.  

The camera tends to get in the way and either goes too far away or when zoomed in it is hard to play, the only thing worse they could have done with the camera was not have objects become transparent when objects get too close.

The leveling up was good though.  I didn't like the fighting though, it seemed way too easy, except for bosses they tended to bring a challenge.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2004, 07:44:39 PM »
Gambit sucked?  Crap, he's my favorite character.

Jesus, they just released the first one.  This is ridiculous.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>