Author Topic: Sly Cooper for gamecube  (Read 16393 times)

Offline petzie

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Sly Cooper for gamecube
« on: October 04, 2004, 06:09:53 AM »
My son wants to play this game . Does anyone know when this will be available for Gamecube?
Thanks  

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Sly Cooper for gamecube
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2004, 06:18:58 AM »
Considering it was published by Sony, never...Get Mario Sunshine, it's better...  
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE:Sly Cooper for gamecube
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 10:28:19 AM »
If you want Sly Cooper your going to have to fork 149.99 for that PS2 plus the costs of a memory card and the game(Im assuming you dont have a PS2).  
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 10:56:47 AM »
Sly Cooper's one of the few Sony games I actually want to play (along with Kingdom Hearts and Ratchet and Klank), which will probably eventually coerce me into buying a PS2 if they ever drop to 50 bucks.

But yeah, Mario Sunshine is an excellent alternative to Sly's platforming gameplay.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2004, 11:48:19 AM »
I find Sly cooper boring and a bit unfun,but Kingdom Hearts is a Square-enix game so get your facts straight Nickerson J/K Josh. But Rachet and Clank is really fun tho.  

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2004, 01:20:05 PM »
I think he  meant PS2 games when he said Sony games...
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2004, 01:33:57 PM »
I think it's sad that Super Mario Sunshine is being suggested as an "alternative".  No Nintendo platformer should be an alternative.  Playstation platformers should be alternatives for those unfortunate to not own a Nintendo console.

What has happened this gen?  The N64 was THE console for 3D platformers.  This gen the PS2 seems to be the king of that genre with Super Mario Sunshine being the lone exception.  When Sony published platformers are considered superior and more cutting-edge than Mario then Nintendo's got some work to do.

This is YOUR genre, Nintendo.  You should be setting the standard.  Hopefully they're aware of this and the Revolution's Mario title will be the most influencial and essential platformer of its generation.  Super Mario Sunshine is, dare I say it, unessential because a 3D platformer fan can not own a Cube and not really be deprieved.  That shouldn't be.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2004, 01:36:29 PM »
"I think it's sad that Super Mario Sunshine is being suggested as an "alternative"."

Alternatives are inferior...SMS is by far the best platformer this generation...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2004, 01:45:21 PM »
Sly cooper 2 is a great game, and ratchet and clank might end up being this generations best platformer unless nintendo decides to make a new one.  Nintendo has left the platformer for a while and I don't see a new one coming anytime soon.  When you make one title in a genre and let other's push out games in that genre eventually one will beat it, and this might be the year someone beats nintendo at their own game.  Fortunatly nintendo is beating other's at their games now to.  anyway get a PS2 and sly cooper 2, its fun times.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2004, 03:15:39 PM »
To me Sly Cooper or Sly 2 and fun times can never exist in the same sentance. To me  Mario and fun times should exist in every sentance. SORNY FAILS AT PLATFORMERS

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2004, 03:29:01 PM »
Have you played the game.  I don't like sony any more than other nintendo fanboys, in fact I hate them more, but I can tell when a game is good and sly cooper two is a good game.  When was the last mario platformer, sunshine.  Since then sony's had the incredibally overrated Jak II, ratchet and clank: two and sly two.  Before the next mario platformer they'll have the overrated Jak III, ratchet and clank three.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2004, 03:35:01 PM »
I was got bored of Sly Cooper and I rarely get bored of a platformer thats supposed to be of high calibur.  The only Sony published games I own are ICO and Twisted Metal Black so im not too fond of Sony but Wanda and the Colossus looks very nice(but thats another discussion on its own).

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2004, 05:03:51 PM »
"Kingdom Hearts is a Square-enix game so get your facts straight Nickerson"

"Alternatives are inferior...SMS is by far the best platformer this generation... "

Yeesh! I seem to be ticking off everyone today!  

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2004, 05:49:55 PM »
Dude, get a grip.

There's nothing I hate more than guys who use the crying emoticon.

But yeah, if you're looking for a platformer, SMS is really good.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2004, 06:33:23 PM »
I like the juicy Yoshi vomit.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2004, 09:38:23 PM »

Alternatives are inferior...SMS is by far the best platformer this generation...

Agreed. I like Sly Cooper, but I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as SMS (especially the old-school levels!)    
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2004, 07:08:22 PM »
I actually liked Sly Cooper (going rent 2 this weekend), other that it being a bit to short.

Mario Sunshine is good too but it's kinda of the challenging side.  But yeah, Sony took away platformers this generation.  

Nintendo's exclusives so far are:  Mario Sunshine, Sonic 2 battle, Billy & the Giant Egg, and Wario World.  

Sony's has: R&C series, Jak, Sly, Maximo, ect--, hands down PS2 has a better selection of platformers.
---------------------------------------------------

On a lighter side:  At least Big N is mopping the floor against M$ in the plaformer genre anyhow.

Xbox's platformers are: Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee, Voodoo Vince, and don't forget about Blinks .

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2004, 12:39:47 AM »
better or more is the question.....

I have SMS and played it relentlessly for weeks and I still havn't<sp> beat it (really difficuilt at some parts)
and I admit that I don't own a playstation and havn't played 'most' of the games mentioned in here...

Nintendo:
Sonic 2 battle -  i gave an eehhh (not my type of game){not a big sonic fan}
Billy hatcher -  I only played for about 30 minutes, but it seems like it could be fun if I gave it the chance & the time
Wario World - never played, only seen video

Sony:
Sly Cooper: watched someone play - Sly Cooper 2 looks like more fun
Ratchet & Clank 1 &/or 2- I wanna play, heard it was pretty fun(minus the collect-athon)
Kingdom Hearts - definately want to play (should have been released on GC)
Jak & Dax - ??.... havn't <sp>  heard the best about that series, but I never played it. (so who am I to comment?)

But if your son is looking for a good platformer, I do suggest SMS(good challenge) or Billy Hatcher(might fit his age range a little more as far as fun & difficulty to complete)

but thats just my opinion, so take it for what its worth......

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2004, 03:06:48 AM »
Billy hatcher is one to stay away from.  The game gets very repetitive right around the second level.  

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2004, 09:20:13 AM »
Jak sucks. The first one was tolerable, the second is complete trash. Sly and R&C are the only good, true platformers on PS2.

There is also Ray Man 3, available for GameCube and PS2 as I recall. I'm actually surprised no one has mentioned this one yet; it is pretty good, not as good as SMS, though.
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2004, 10:43:56 AM »
Rayman 3 is on all consoles but it was a gamecube time exclusive for 1 - 3 months