Author Topic: Kirby's Avalanche Headlines New Additions To Super NES And NES Libraries For Switch Online  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

And a game that launched at least one lawsuit.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/61028/kirbys-avalanche-headlines-new-additions-to-super-nes-and-nes-libraries-for-switch-online

Three more titles have been added to the Nintendo Switch Online NES and Super Nintendo libraries.

• Kirby's Avalanche (1995), aka Kirby's Ghost Trap, is now available - a branded version of the Puyo Puyo puzzle games that was last released in 2007 on the Wii Virtual Console.
  • Fighter's History (1994) is a 2D fighting game from Data East, perhaps best known for being so similar to Street Fighter II that Capcom sued to attempt to block the game's sale (the lawsuit was unsuccessful).
  • Daiva Story 6: Imperial of Nirsartia is a strategy title originally released on the Famicom in 1986 and never localized. Originally published by Toshiba/EMI, the game is the sixth of seven games in a series that tells the same story from seven different perspectives.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Played through Fighter's History a lot growing up and intend to enjoy it even more now that it is on the Switch.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
The Japanese app is getting Kirby Star Stacker instead of Kirby Avalanche.

Never heard of the Daiva series, but these are the kinds of deep cuts I like seeing them put on these apps.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
The Japanese app is getting Kirby Star Stacker instead of Kirby Avalanche.
That's Kirby's Super Star Stacker, good sir!

I never played Kirby's Avalanche but it's just Puyo Puyo so nothing interesting there. I tried out Kirby's Super Star Stacker and it's... pretty weird! I can't think of another game to compare it to so I guess that makes it more of its own thing at least. The CPU is surprisingly brutal for a Kirby game.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Kirby's Avalanche is no joke either. I've been replaying it on the App. It's probably the first time in 19 - 20 years since I've played that game and that game doesn't hold back on the difficulty either. I can't believe I came close to beating it back in the day without a rewind feature.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.