Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 680607 times)

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
I hope Thompson is ok. When he landed, that knee didn't look right.

Great game, good reffing (I think GS has benefited from some 50/50 calls falling their way, but it's been pretty good), and just fantastic play from both sides. Don't want anyone to get injured.

How the heck did he get back out on the court? I'm kind of shocked.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Soren

• View Profile
I CAN'T.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Hopefully it's just another one of those classic NBA Playoff Pooping Emergencies and nothing to worry about.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
This third quarter is wow. Back and forth and lots of hard hits and everyone is feeling it. Klay going back to the locker room.

Klay got fouled and even though he got hurt he had to shoot those free throws or else he would of been prevented from coming back into the game. That is why Boogie fouled on the next play to get Klay out and have a look see.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
Warriors are starting the 4th quarter with Dray, Boogie, Livingston, Q Cook and Jerebko.

Deep breaths.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Klay is out for the game.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
I would argue that it was never about the free throws. Once Klay felt he could walk out under his own power he wanted to do it to give the crowd a lift and hopefully spark his team one last time.

It's fairly easy to see he was done for the night.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
No it is an actual rule that you have to shoot the free throws no matter what even if you are injured on the play to have a chance to return.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Soren

• View Profile
Klay didn't shoot the free throws because he wanted to be eligible to return to the game in the 4th. He shot the free throws because he knew the crowd would lose it once they saw him walk out to the court under his own power.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
Klay didn't shoot the free throws because he wanted to be eligible to return to the game in the 4th. He shot the free throws because he knew the crowd would lose it once they saw him walk out to the court under his own power.

Tend to agree... although I bet that Klay would have stayed in the game as long as they would let him, injured or not.  He's way tougher than people give him credit for.

Seriously hope the guy is ok. Far and away my favorite player from Golden State, and he was absolutely lighting it up tonight.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
It appear a Warriors assistant went back to the hallway to remind Klay of the rule. So I stand corrected.

I still think given the current scrutiny with the Warriors training staff there was no way Klay was ever going to play. So his return was mostly for the (important) symbolic gesture of seeing him pull a Willis Reed.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
I hope Klay is okay too.   I will give the Warriors this. They are banged up and injured but they are still in the game and fighting for their lives. 

I do have to say that VanVleet has been amazing off the bench.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
109-108    37.1 seconds left  Raptors ball. Probably the best option is to go for a two for 1 play.  I say go to Leonard or Lowry.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Well done, Raptors. Congratulations unseating the most OP team in the league, injuries aside.

There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
With .9 seconds left, this is ridiculous. The Raps won, let them enjoy it.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile

Is there still game going on? NBA.com's play by play called the game over.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
Re: The NBA Thread: Congrats to -checks notes- the Toronto Maple Leafs?!!?
« Reply #1242 on: June 13, 2019, 11:49:57 PM »
I knew this moment would happen but I can't believe it sucks so much, specially with the injury to Klay. Congrats to the Raptors on not utterly blowing it.

Also I hope Pusha drops that diss on Drake right now. **** that guy.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile

Is there still game going on? NBA.com's play by play called the game over.

They said there was a foul on the inbounds play, put time back on the clock and made them shoot (totally pointless) extra free throws.  Refs made a few mistakes both ways, but that was the only call I really think was DUMB.

I knew this moment would happen but I can't believe it sucks so much, specially with the injury to Klay. ...

Until the injury, this game was epic.  It was still pretty awesome for Raptors fans, but that really took the shine off.  Amazing season for the Raptors though, and they (mostly) peaked at the right time playing great ball against Bucks and Warriors.

Can we change the thread title now?  (Oh - it's already done, er, ah, sort of..? ;)  )
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 11:53:38 PM by ejamer »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: The NBA Thread: Congrats to -checks notes- the Toronto Maple Leafs?!!?
« Reply #1244 on: June 13, 2019, 11:53:35 PM »
Basically with the inbounds play from Lowry to Leonard there was a foul by Iggy so the clock didn't start up and then Leonard sank the free throws to go up 4 to make it totally out of reach. Then the Warriors inbounded it time expired and the Raptors won it Broodwars.     

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Soren

• View Profile
Can we change the thread title now?  (Oh - it's already done, er, ah, sort of..? ;)  )

It's my final act of defiance. Let me grieve for a night.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
Patrick McCaw is the new and improved Norris Cole.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
Fantastic play from Iggy and VanVleet tonight.
Thompson was the best player on the floor, and led all scorers despite leaving early.
Leonard wasn't actually great... but Lowry was amazing.  Plus/minus is a messy stat... but he was +16 in his 41 minutes and Raptors were -12 in the 7 minutes he sat. What redemption for not getting his shot off last game.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
I think Lowry started off the game great and it was very 3 point focused and I knew when they got it going from 3 that early they would have a chance to win it.   I think Lowry plays to what the team needs which is why he may not score a lot of points in some games because he is focusing on other things like defense, assists, rebounds and taking charges.   

Leonard was being swarmed by the Warriors so he had to get his points where he could while passing out of the double teams.     VanVleet was amazing off the bench defensively on Curry and in clutch last second shot clock shots.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Soren

• View Profile
5 years.

Thank you Steph, Klay, Draymond, KD, Iggy, Shaun Livingston, Harrison Barnes, Mo Speights, Holiday, B-Rush, JMM, David Lee, Bogey, Festus, Kuzmic, Ian Clark, Pat McCaw, Matt Barnes, Kevon Looney, David West, Damian Jones, JaVale McGee, Zaza, Q Cook, Swaggy P, Chris Boucher, Jordan Bell, Varejao, Jacob Evans, Damion Lee, Marcus Derrickson, Boogie, Jonas and Alfonzo.

I just named a bunch of dudes.