Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

What hard drive for Wii U do you recommend most?

(1/4) > >>

Phil:
I've been looking at my options and Nintendo's own recommendations, but I'm not sure of the quality of each. Regardless, I'm looking for something that is relatively inexpensive and will work with my Wii U without problems.

ejamer:
For what it's worth, I just bought a cheap enclosure and added a old laptop hard drive we had that wasn't getting used. Heard many people saying that would work... well, it works. But the speed is horrible and loading times are significantly longer playing anything from the hard drive.

Glad we didn't pay anything significant and I wouldn't recommend this approach to others. (Might work out well for you, might not. Point is that it's not a very consistent method so try at your own risk.)

Triforce Hermit:
Going to hijack Phil's thread instead of starting a new one. Anyone have a cheap external HDD to recommend?

I don't need 1tb, 500 gb works fine as I'm trying to lean on the cheap side and I'm not going to download much as I am physical whore at heart. I just need for mainly the XCX data packs and Metroid Prime Trilogy. I keep seeing these USB powered external HDDs fairly cheap on Amazon, but I believe I need one with a power supply from a normal AC adapter so that games don't drag and load slowly.

NWR_insanolord:
A USB powered drive is fine if you get a Y-cable, which is what I did. I've had no issues with that setup.

Triforce Hermit:
Okay, thanks that helps me a lot  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version